1137 users online (205 members and 932 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 65 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    Blue_Dolphin308 is offline We can't help everyone, But everyone can help someone!

MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #6

The fatal shooting of an unarmed black teenager Saturday by a police officer in a St. Louis suburb came after a struggle for the officer’s gun, police officials said Sunday, in an explanation that met with outrage and skepticism in the largely African-American community.The killing of the youth, Michael Brown, 18, ignited protests on Saturday and Sunday in Ferguson, Mo., a working-class suburb of about 20,000 residents. Hundreds of people gathered at the scene of the shooting to question the police and to light candles for Mr. Brown, who was planning to begin college classes on Monday.
    Mr. Brown’s stepfather, Louis Head, held a cardboard sign that said, “Ferguson police just executed my unarmed son.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/11/us...e-for-gun.html

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...1#post10861113

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post10867195

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5
    Last edited by LambChop; 08-19-2014 at 07:33 PM.
    Be Kind to yourself, you are worth it!

A couple of things:

1) We are not going to allow links to blogs in this case without prior approval. And approvals will be tough to get.

2) Posts directed at other posters rather than the case will earn a TO without explanation. If you have a problem with another member, use the alert feature and scroll on by OR use the ignore feature and keep it to yourself

Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #6

Please continue here...

Let's keep the unrelated political views off this thread. Thanks
    Last edited by LambChop; 08-19-2014 at 07:42 PM.

present and accounted for

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

FOX2now@FOX2now 5m
    Gov. Nixon has another message for Missouri about the situation in Ferguson http://ift.tt/1pItFvc

Won't be long before HLN has Frank Taffee on to give his views!

Too many people have been hurt or killed. STAY HOME! or you are just asking for trouble. SMH
    Look twice - Save a Life! Motorcycles are everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by tlcya View Post
    present and accounted for
    Haha, me too......what is this about ISIS signs?
    ~ shine on you crAzy diamond ~ Pink Floyd, Wish You Were Here

Quote Originally Posted by popsicle View Post
    FOX2now@FOX2now 5m
    Gov. Nixon has another message for Missouri about the situation in Ferguson http://ift.tt/1pItFvc
    Second, a vigorous prosecution must now be pursued.
    The democratically elected St. Louis County prosecutor and the Attorney General of the United States, each have a job to do. Their obligation to achieve justice in the shooting death of Michael Brown must be carried out thoroughly, promptly, and correctly; and I call upon them to meet those expectations.

I am very disappointed with Governor Nixon's statement. I should clarify. I agree with some of it but the repeated references to helping Mr. Brown's family achieve and receive justice imply that the governor has himself already decided and is announcing that there was wrongdoing on teh part of officer Wilson.

If there was then I agree, justice must be sought. But his statement implies that has already been determined and if it has then the public deserves to how he or others in positions of authority have arrived at it.

To me it seems as if the deck has been steadily and deliberately stacked against Wilson in the name of restoring peace and I am not at all okay with that.

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

On an Off topic note... My beloved dog Isis died 2 years ago in September. I HATE seeing her name demonized in the media. My Isis was a sweet wonderful girl. I still miss her dearly.

Quote Originally Posted by popsicle View Post
    FOX2now@FOX2now 5m
    http://fox2now.com/2014/08/19/gov-ni...n-in-ferguson/

But amid all the pain and distrust and anger, we’ve also seen tremendous acts of grace, courage, and kindness as the people of Ferguson try to maintain peace, while they call for justice for the family of Michael Brown. In Ferguson, people of all races and creeds are joining hands to pray for justice. Teenagers cooking meals for law enforcement officers. Community leaders demonstrating courage and heroism throughout the night in standing against armed and violent instigators. Volunteers coming out to pick up littered neighborhoods.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

Quote Originally Posted by SStarr33 View Post
    Apparently the reporter who tweeted there are eyewitnesses that corroborate Wilson's story has been put on leave:

On FMLA from paper. Earlier tweets did not meet standards for publication.
    — Christine Byers (@ChristineDByers) August 19, 2014

https://twitter.com/ChristineDByers/...88192727498752
    She's been on leave since March. Read the other tweets. She was off work so was tweeting on her own time.

Quote Originally Posted by SStarr33 View Post
    Apparently the reporter who tweeted there are eyewitnesses that corroborate Wilson's story has been put on leave:

On FMLA from paper. Earlier tweets did not meet standards for publication.
    — Christine Byers (@ChristineDByers) August 19, 2014

https://twitter.com/ChristineDByers/...88192727498752
    The information probably was given to her "off the record" and she failed to honor it, which is unethical.

JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Starry Night View Post
    Softail you said:
    Then stay home. Wtf do people who challenge the police expect? They are asking for trouble. They won't win.

Please have respect for those who disagree. Your statement suggests totalitarianism.
    Please mods-don't kick me off lol.
    HUH? I'm merely suggesting to stay the :censor: home, if you don't want trouble. Way to exaggerate the situation.

Page 1 of 65 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast