MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue_Dolphin308

We can't help everyone, But everyone can help some
Reaction score
The fatal shooting of an unarmed black teenager Saturday by a police officer in a St. Louis suburb came after a struggle for the officer’s gun, police officials said Sunday, in an explanation that met with outrage and skepticism in the largely African-American community.The killing of the youth, Michael Brown, 18, ignited protests on Saturday and Sunday in Ferguson, Mo., a working-class suburb of about 20,000 residents. Hundreds of people gathered at the scene of the shooting to question the police and to light candles for Mr. Brown, who was planning to begin college classes on Monday.
Mr. Brown’s stepfather, Louis Head, held a cardboard sign that said, “Ferguson police just executed my unarmed son.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/11/us/police-say-mike-brown-was-killed-after-struggle-for-gun.html

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?253372-Police-shooting-of-unarmed-teenager-Michael-Brown-St-Louis&p=10861113&posted=1#post10861113

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-teen-Michael-Brown-2&p=10867195#post10867195

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

:modstop:

A couple of things:

1) We are not going to allow links to blogs in this case without prior approval. And approvals will be tough to get.

2) Posts directed at other posters rather than the case will earn a TO without explanation. If you have a problem with another member, use the alert feature and scroll on by OR use the ignore feature and keep it to yourself

Please continue here... :websleuther:

Let's keep the unrelated political views off this thread. Thanks

present and accounted for

Won't be long before HLN has Frank Taffee on to give his views!

Too many people have been hurt or killed. STAY HOME! or you are just asking for trouble. :notgood: SMH

FOX2now ‏@FOX2now 5m
Gov. Nixon has another message for Missouri about the situation in Ferguson http://ift.tt/1pItFvc

Second, a vigorous prosecution must now be pursued.
The democratically elected St. Louis County prosecutor and the Attorney General of the United States, each have a job to do. Their obligation to achieve justice in the shooting death of Michael Brown must be carried out thoroughly, promptly, and correctly; and I call upon them to meet those expectations.

I am very disappointed with Governor Nixon's statement. I should clarify. I agree with some of it but the repeated references to helping Mr. Brown's family achieve and receive justice imply that the governor has himself already decided and is announcing that there was wrongdoing on teh part of officer Wilson.

If there was then I agree, justice must be sought. But his statement implies that has already been determined and if it has then the public deserves to how he or others in positions of authority have arrived at it.

To me it seems as if the deck has been steadily and deliberately stacked against Wilson in the name of restoring peace and I am not at all okay with that.

On an Off topic note... My beloved dog Isis died 2 years ago in September. I HATE seeing her name demonized in the media. My Isis was a sweet wonderful girl. I still miss her dearly. :sigh:

FOX2now ‏@FOX2now 5m
Gov. Nixon has another message for Missouri about the situation in Ferguson http://ift.tt/1pItFvc

http://fox2now.com/2014/08/19/gov-n...for-missouri-about-the-situation-in-ferguson/

But amid all the pain and distrust and anger, we’ve also seen tremendous acts of grace, courage, and kindness as the people of Ferguson try to maintain peace, while they call for justice for the family of Michael Brown. In Ferguson, people of all races and creeds are joining hands to pray for justice. Teenagers cooking meals for law enforcement officers. Community leaders demonstrating courage and heroism throughout the night in standing against armed and violent instigators. Volunteers coming out to pick up littered neighborhoods.

Softail you said:
Then stay home. Wtf do people who challenge the police expect? They are asking for trouble. They won't win.

Please have respect for those who disagree. Your statement suggests totalitarianism.
Please mods-don't kick me off lol.

HUH? I'm merely suggesting to stay the :censor: home, if you don't want trouble. Way to exaggerate the situation. :thumb:

I am very disappointed with Governor Nixon's statement. I should clarify. I agree with some of it but the repeated references to helping Mr. Brown's family achieve and receive justice imply that the governor has himself already decided and is announcing that there was wrongdoing on teh part of officer Wilson.

If there was then I agree, justice must be sought. But his statement implies that has already been determined and if it has then the public deserves to how he or others in positions of authority have arrived at it.

To me it seems as if the deck has been steadily and deliberately stacked against Wilson in the name of restoring peace and I am not at all okay with that.
Same here. I just read the entire statement.

SMH Officer Wilson has been abandoned. JMO

For them, for the family of Michael Brown, for all the parents who have had their sons taken from them much too soon, and for all the children dreaming of a brighter and better future, we now have a responsibility to come together and do everything we can to achieve justice for this family, peace for this community, and have the courage to address the problems that have divided us for too long. Real problems of poverty, education inequality, and race.

SNIP

The democratically elected St. Louis County prosecutor and the Attorney General of the United States, each have a job to do. Their obligation to achieve justice in the shooting death of Michael Brown must be carried out thoroughly, promptly, and correctly; and I call upon them to meet those expectations.

Finally, once we have achieved peace in Ferguson and justice for the family of Michael Brown, we must remain committed to rebuilding the trust that has been lost, mending what has been broken, and healing the wounds we have endured.

SNIP

So I ask that we continue to stand together as we work to achieve justice for Michael Brown, restore hope and peace to the streets of Ferguson, and march together toward a future of greater opportunity and understanding for all of us.”

http://fox2now.com/2014/08/19/gov-n...for-missouri-about-the-situation-in-ferguson/

Very disappointing

MOO

iow, I'm relieved these are agencies not in my direct control.

There will be no justice. There will be peace instead.

Heart breaking for officer Wilson as I type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk