812 users online (131 members and 681 guests)  

Websleuths News

UK - Charlotte Hornby, 24, Ness Islands, Scotland, 17 Aug 2014

The body of missing 24-year-old Charlotte Hornby has been found in a burn (small river) in Ness Islands, Inverness, Scotland.

Charlotte went missing after a night out Saturday, and her body was found in the water late Sunday afternoon.

'Her death has been treated as "unexplained".

Police said it was possible it had been the result of a tragic accident but are appealing for witnesses:

'As part of the ongoing appeal to establish Charlotte's last known movements, acting Chief Inspector Mark Czerniakiewicz said: "Charlotte was last seen at approximately 3.25am, when she parted company with a friend and was seen heading towards Cavell Gardens, near the war memorial. She was wearing a black leather jacket, black dress, black tights and carrying a tan coloured handbag.'

' "We would appeal to members of the public who were in the Ness Bank area and the Islands Bank Road area of Inverness at the time to please contact us on 101 with any information, no matter how insignificant they may consider it to be." '

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-...lands-28853848
    Attached Images Attached Images
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

I was born and raised in Inverness. This is a popular area with tourists and dog walkers. It is in an area called "the islands", a series of very pretty and well manicured islands that are joined by ornate bridges. There is a small burn that goes between the main road (which is a reasonably busy road) and the first *island* and that's where she was found. Not that secluded, yet she wasn't found from very early am til the next day. I find it very hard to believe no-one noticed her body. My uncle was a policeman and he once found a body of a man who drowned himself there (in the 1950's), but its not deep or that fast moving (we used to so swimming there as kids. we'd jump of the bridges into the water). Sunday morning a lot of people walk their dogs there. The picture of the police line on the bbc news website is the wall that separates the burn from the road. this http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...tart=0&ndsp=24 is a picture of the burn and the wee bridge over it slightly further up from where the police line is. I find it very hard to believe noone noticed her.

the nightclubs in Inverness close at 3am. its not unusual for people to be around between 3am-4am, but the main road beside this burn is very dark and spooky (despite lighting). The islands themselves are not a dangerous place, there are a few muggings and assaults each year, but bodies there are rare (despite my uncles experience). I'd be nervous on that road late at night, but i'm paranoid about people following me.

Such a shame. She clearly had a lot to love for.

alreetlike is offline All human wisdom is summed up in these two words -- wait and hope
    Night out
    Water
    *Sigh*

yes, but shallow water, slow flowing, and its a place that's popular on weekend evenings for underage kids to get together and pass around a bottle of vodka or cider they got someone to buy or stole from their parents. I haven't heard of a single drink related drowning there. I myself got drunk there as a teen often, and the path is wide and it has barriers. Unless something happened like she dropped her phone in it and decided to go in after I doubt she fell in and drowned. Would her friend have allowed her to walk home is she was so inebriated that she couldn't stick to the path?

'It has emerged that a young woman found dead near Inverness city centre after going missing following a night out had drowned.'

A celebration of Charlotte's life was held on Friday August 29 at the funeral home of John Fraser & Son, Chapel Street, Inverness, at 1.30pm.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp...eral-tomorrow/

Rest in peace.
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22