ND - Dru Sjodin, 22, Grand Forks, 22 Nov 2003 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yakwoman

25 cents a look!
Reaction score
Website
www.yakwoman.com
I just listened to Sgt. Mike Hedlund on the radio. He was asking all farmers in NW Minnesota and NE North Dakota to check their land, empty buildings, fence lines and shelter belts for evidence. He also said that the community support has been tremendous. Apparently, many local businesses have provided meals for Dru's family and for the investigators. Arctic Cat even donated the use of 18 4-wheelers for the search effort. He said the Salvation Army has been very supportive by providing meals for the searchers.

The interviewer asked how there were able to rule out any connection between Dru's disappearance and the attempted abduction of a young girl from Fertile, MN. He stated that he could not give any details, but there were "circumstances" associated with the Fertile case that led them to believe they were not connected.

Let's keep praying that there will be a break in the case soon and Dru will be brought home safe.

Yakwoman

Ok, I have not read this entire thread. But what the heck is wrong with the boyfriend NOT CALLING POLICE when she yelled "oh my god" and the cell phone went dead? Does not anyone else find this funny>? That was at 5:00p but police were only notified at 9:00pish by the roommate?

She was getting harrassing phone calls and noone was concerned when this happened?

The Father was on tv the other night and even he knew of the harrassing phone calls but thought nothing of it? I would be all over the police if that happened to my daughter. AND, the father never offered much info when he was live on TV soon after his daughter is missing? Don't these parents realize THIS IS WHEN YOU SHOULD TELL EVERYTHING AND ALL THINGS soon after one is missing..don't putz around and hmm haugh when you have national tv giving you an interview? He never offered any info on the circumstances of the harrassing calls, when, surrounding what event(s)....relationship this person was to his daughter..only that he didn't advise her to go to police.

And how does anyone know the cell call was not the same person. They can disguise the voice. Weird.

Any news on the 'fluid' in the car? or any word on security video or local business video near the parking lot?

Surely those calls to the store can be traced?

Cass...

Bailey1: I think you should read the entire thread and all the associated news stories before you comment further. It might answer a lot of the questions you have posed.

Actually, I believe Dru's family have shared everything they know with law enforcement and I think there are a lot details that have not been released to public in order to not conpromise the investigation.

Yakwoman

Originally posted by Casshew
Any news on the 'fluid' in the car? or any word on security video or local business video near the parking lot?

Cass...

Hi Casshew!

There has been absolutely nothing in the media about the results from the crime lab. Whatever they have found out, they are not releasing the info to the public. I haven't heard anything new about the security tapes, either.

Yakwoman

Does anyone know if when Dru said Oh my God if she screamed it or just said it. I have read alot of the articles on her disappearance and I don't think from what I have read that it has been clarified. I was discussing her case with my boyfriend and he said it would depend on if I screamed oh my god or just said oh my god if he would become concerned. I happen to say that statement alot. He said if I just said oh my god then he wouldn't immediately become concerned, but after some time passed and he didn't hear from me again he would become concerned. He said if I yelled Oh my God he would become concerned right away.

Sasha that is a very good point. I got the impression she didn't scream "oh my god" I got the feeling it was more like she dropped her shopping bag or saw someone whom she was somewhat familiar with, someone she wasn't afraid of.

I've read reports about certain items that she bought being around the car???? so maybe that is why I thought of her dropping her shopping bag.........then someone may have offered to help her and that was that. I dunno.

My heart is really breaking for Dru and her family. Where could she be? It is so hard to imagine that no one saw her in the mall parking lot or saw anything suspicious since then. I hope that she was taken by someone who is obsessed with her and holding her somewhere, and that she finds the opportunity to escape. I don't think that is beyond reason in this situation.

CNN is reported breaking news that a suspect has been arrested...more to come

Newsflash on Fox news! Someone is in custody for her kidnapping! More to come!
Misty

I have a very, very bad feeling about this...:boohoo:
Misty

Alfonso Rodriguez Jr. is the man arrested. That's really all they're saying.
Misty

A man from Crookston (sp), MN. 50 years old, no more info until tuesday morning press breifing, he was arested just after 7pm.

my heart sinks for her family, i think the chances of her being alive are very slim now. i just pray that she is ok though.

i know, i got goosebumps when they said his age, i really thought he would have been late 20's or early 30's.

Gawd.. nothing more until tomorrow?

I know this looks bad for Dru :(

At the very, very least though it is a good thing to have some progress... if she has been killed the family needs to know... can you imagine years of wondering and not knowing?

Kudos to LE working on this case.

Cass....

Originally posted by mushyb
i know, i got goosebumps when they said his age, i really thought he would have been late 20's or early 30's.

Mushyb,
So did I! When I first heard about the person who wanted more of a relationship with her, I pictured someone somewhat close to her age although I'm not sure why. This is not good. :(
Misty

Seems we're not dealing with the same kind of yahoo LE we've seen in some of the recent missing person cases. In this case it seems like LE acted very quickly and is exceedingly competent.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member