1533 users online (260 members and 1273 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 73 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    Blue_Dolphin308 is offline We can't help everyone, But everyone can help someone!

MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #8

The fatal shooting of an unarmed black teenager Saturday by a police officer in a St. Louis suburb came after a struggle for the officer’s gun, police officials said Sunday, in an explanation that met with outrage and skepticism in the largely African-American community.The killing of the youth, Michael Brown, 18, ignited protests on Saturday and Sunday in Ferguson, Mo., a working-class suburb of about 20,000 residents. Hundreds of people gathered at the scene of the shooting to question the police and to light candles for Mr. Brown, who was planning to begin college classes on Monday.
    Mr. Brown’s stepfather, Louis Head, held a cardboard sign that said, “Ferguson police just executed my unarmed son.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/11/us...e-for-gun.html

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...1#post10861113

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post10867195

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

Thread #6

Thread #7
    Last edited by LambChop; 08-21-2014 at 08:15 AM.
    Be Kind to yourself, you are worth it!

A couple of things:

1) We are not going to allow links to blogs in this case without prior approval. And approvals will be tough to get.

2) Posts directed at other posters rather than the case will earn a TO without explanation. If you have a problem with another member, use the alert feature and scroll on by OR use the ignore feature and keep it to yourself

Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #8

Please continue here but do so respectfully.

In a community of mostly AA, one would think more would run or be on the city council. They need money to run. I heard one AA interviewed mention they don't get the money to run. The discussion just seems to be by everyone in the press about the number of AA officers on the force when the city government is a problem. Follow the money, imo, and who gives it.

Do we have any map sleuthers around? I have been looking at an arrest record for a Mike Brown that some say is his record. there is currently a FOIA request for his record, but in the meantime, I have a question. The record says his address is

<modsnip>

I mapped it looks like it is in the middle of nowhere. Am I missing something?
    Last edited by LambChop; 08-21-2014 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vjlaw View Post
    In a community of mostly AA, one would think more would run or be on the city council. They need money to run. I heard one AA interviewed mention they don't get the money to run. The discussion just seems to be by everyone in the press about the number of AA officers on the force when the city government is a problem. Follow the money, imo, and who gives it.
    How many actually go and vote even?

Since we've learned officer Wilson had an injury to his eye, it makes me wonder if it was his dominant eye.

While we're all speculating I'd like for people to try an exercise which affects shooting a gun and accuracy.

Hold one arm out with one finger upward. With both eyes open cover an object across the room with that one finger and both eyes open. (I/E a sugar bowl, bottle, smaller picture) Now keeping the object covered and in the same place, alternate both left and right eye open and close, one at a time.

Does one eye make the object move?

Is Daily Kos an acceptable source to link about the record of an officer in Ferguson?

Quote Originally Posted by SStarr33 View Post
    Do we have any map sleuthers around? I have been looking at an arrest record for a Mike Brown that some say is his record. there is currently a FOIA request for his record, but in the meantime, I have a question. The record says his address is

<modsnip>

I mapped it looks like it is in the middle of nowhere. Am I missing something?
    Troy MO is about an hour northwest of Ferguson - farm/livestock country

MB is not from Ferguson; it's been reported that he was visiting his gramma (that summer?) and NOTE he did graduate from Normandy HS which is where kids would go if they lived in that apt complex unless the student chooses to attend an accredited school within the StL metro area (well, schools that will accept them) - but that's a entire other discussion. I read where his mother's address is in East StL & I have not seen anything about where his father lives

I also am pointing out that MB attended multiple HS during his tenure based on the "victim profiles" I have read
    Last edited by LambChop; 08-21-2014 at 04:02 PM.
    ~ krimekat ~
    Live in Peace & Peace will live in you

++++++++++++
    Forum Information & Esoterica

That too. imo This in response to popsicle.

If it is not MSM it does not belong here. Please post responsibly.

CNN now.. hip hop star Kweli arguing with Don Lemmon.. omg

Quote Originally Posted by popsicle View Post
    How many actually go and vote even?
    In the last mayoral election, 12% of the total population of Ferguson, according to a show on 971talk.com. I don't know how that breaks down by race. It was on the Jamie Allman show, I think Monday morning's show. They may have replays on there. I recommend podcasts of Dave Glover's show and Jamie Allman's show on that station. I didn't hear much of Dana's show but it's usually reliable. They are all local and have a handle on the local culture.

I'm having trouble posting Chris Matthews interview of Charles Oglestreet on Andrea Mitchell Reports. It's priceless. If someone could help.

Retweeted by FOX2now
    Betsey Bruce@betseybruce 38m
    Police deny permission to MO Sen Nasheed to enter Justice Center to deliver petitions to McCulloch #ferguson
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bvk7bKQIgAAjmCj.jpg

Retweeted by FOX2now
    Betsey Bruce@betseybruce 36m
    Change of heart Sen Nasheed allowed in to deliver petitions at County Justice Center
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bvk78y0IEAEIP6a.jpg

Page 1 of 73 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast