Teen writes about killing neighbor's pet dinosaur. Gets arrested

zwiebel

Reaction score
A 16 year-old boy who wrote about buying a gun and killing his neighbor's pet dinosour, has been arrested in Summerville, SC.

'Attorney David Aylor, who is representing 16-year-old Alex Stone, said his client's arrest over a creative writing assignment on Tuesday was "completely absurd." '

However, police say: ' "The information that is being reported is grossly incorrect in reference to what led to the juvenile being charged...The charges do not stem from anything involving a dinosaur or writing assignment, but the student's conduct." '

The boy says his class was asked to write an assignment in the form of a Facebook update, and he wrote: "I killed my neighbor's pet dinosaur, and, then, in the next status I said I bought the gun to take care of the business." His teacher informed police when she saw it, who then searched his locker at school. Police say the boy became very irate, which led to his arrest. No gun was found.

Alex Stone's mother is upset that no-one let her know there was any problem.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/26319685...ter-writing-threatening-message-on-assignment

The dinosaur was old and wouldn't have survived much longer, anyway. Maybe it was a mercy killing.

BTW, are the Stones related to the Flint-Stones?

This is the high school I graduated from.

I live less than 5 miles from it right now and my 3 boys have been enrolled in their wrestling program for 2 years. I have several friends that currently work there and will call them to get some scoop.

Why is the school requesting kids do assignments on facebook?

Why is the school requesting kids do assignments on facebook?
Apparently, the assignment was to be written in the form of a FB update. But, I don't think 16-year-olds are generally permitted to have FB accounts(?). I know that many 16-y-o's (and younger) do have FB accounts, but it begs the question: is the school encouraging it's students to use FB, or will they claim to only be preparing students for SM life beyond high school?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen
Back