GUILTY KY - Couple & 8yo girl found murdered in their Inez home, 16 Aug 2014

bflocket

Reaction score
I'm starting this thread almost a week after this fire because as more info is released, it's just getting sicker and sicker...

The link to the original article I saw related to the fire is already dead (after less than a full week?!?). First link is that same story from a different source. I first learned of this from a Lexington (KY) news source. The other links are from some smaller local news sources and from Charleston (WV). Charleston is in another state, but is actually closer to the crime.

http://www.wowktv.com/story/26296348/three-dead-in-house-fire-in-martin-county-ky

According to WKYT, CBS Affiliate in Lexington, KY...

A couple and their 8-year-old granddaughter died in the house fire Saturday morning.
The fire happened in the area of Upper James Lane in Inez.

A neighbor who tried to save them said "I tried to go in, I couldn't. So I took a cinder block and knocked the air conditioner out of the little girls room to try and pull her out but she wasn't in there. And it was too late to try and do anything else."

Three people are dead after a fire occurred in a house in Martin County, Kentucky.According to a news release issued by the Kentucky State Police, it was reported at 4:20 a.m. Saturday, August 16, in the community of Inez.

The news release says three bodies were found in the house. Their identities are not yet known.

As it turns out, the couple and the child (grandchild) were dead before the blaze started.

This is a link from Charleston that has a few videos.

http://www.wsaz.com/home/headlines/Three-Dead-in-Early-Morning-Martin-Co-Fire-271515061.html

The two people already in jail for the murder of three people in Martin County, Ky. now face additional charges following a grand jury indictment Thursday morning.

Troopers arrested Jack D. Smith, 41, of Inez, hours after the bodies of Tina Goble, 42, her granddaughter, Trinity, 8, and Tina's boyfriend, Cannie Johnson, 47, were found in Goble’s burned out home in Inez early Saturday morning .

Amanda Bowen, 26, also of Inez, was arrested later that day on an unrelated drug charge.

The warrant also says the pair stole various items from the home, including medications and jewelry.

Troopers say in the warrant that Smith and Bowen “concealed physical evidence by placing her bloody clothing, knives and items stolen from the residence of Tina Goble in a bag and removing it from their residence in an attempt to conceal the evidence from being used in an official proceeding.”

Martin County Coroner, Joe Mullins, tells WSAZ.com that preliminary autopsy results show that all three people were shot twice and stabbed multiple times.

This is a story from a small town paper in eastern KY. It talks more about the killer(s). The woman (Amanda Bowen) was taken to the hospital for clearance and a Super Glue bottle "fell out" of her while there. The bottle had Xanax and Methadone tabs in it. I'm really, really glad I wasn't there. I didn't realize you could put pills inside a Super Glue bottle and didn't WANT to realize that someone would hide a Super Glue bottle there.

I don't know if these were the meds stolen from the house or not. They could have been.
Methadone is not just used for heroin withdrawal. Opiates are all basically based on the same thing, but the variations affect people in different ways. I know people can react badly to Hydrocodone, yet can take Codeine or Oxycodone without trouble. Sometimes people can take Methadone and not react when the other opiates will make them sick, so that is all they can use for bad pain.

http://www.floydcountytimes.com/news/news/50369020/Murder-supect-charged-in-Floyd#.U_dh1edJOYY

Following her arrest Tuesday on murder and robbery charges, Amanda K. Bowen, 26, of Inez, was taken to Highlands Regional Medical Center for medical clearance. While at the hospital, however, her behavior clued the staff there that something else was going on.

“While at the hospital, a nurse on staff witnessed a Super Glue container fall out of the subject’s genital area, onto the floor,” the arrest report noted. “Subject picked up the container, opened it, and poured several pills into her mouth, before the nurse staff could stop her.”

This isn't a very big development, but the two killers have put in their "not guilty" plea.
They'll be back in court on 12/4/2014.

Pair pleads not guilty in Martin Co. triple murder (WKYT-CBS Lexington, KY)

Jack Smith and Amanda Bowen both pleaded not guilty in a Martin County courtroom.

State Police say the pair shot and stabbed the victims, then set their home near Inez on fire last month. The victims were Cainie Johnson, Jr., his wife Tina Goble and her eight-year-old granddaughter Trinity Maynard.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/home/headl...in-Martin-Co-fire-271516731.html?device=phone

Meanwhile, more information is coming out about Smith, known as Dave, and his activity the night before the triple murder.

In a 911 call from August 15, 2014: "Someone just tried to shoot us through the door here, me and my brother...i know who it was." The caller, Christopher Maynard, then identified the shooter as Dave Smith.

Officials can't comment on the shots fired call but can confirm they believe it is the same man involved in the triple murder investigation. 911 logs indicate a bullet was recovered at 92 Lafferty Lane... just down the road from the murder scene. The calls from that night before also reveal some more information. "Had his hands taped and said he even had his boots taped... I don't know if he planned on killing one of them or what," said the deputy about Smith...

Then, nearly 24 hours later, dispatch received a call about a house fire on Upper James Lane.

Christopher Maynard must be related to Trinity somehow. Father? Grandfather? Uncle?

PAINTSVILLE, Ky. (WYMT) - Prosecutors introduced several new pieces of evidence on day three of Amanda Bowen's trial.

Three witnesses were called to the stand Wednesday morning. KSP Detective Tony Tackett brought several pieces of evidence to the stand, including knives allegedly found in a trash bag behind Bowen’s home.

Prosecutors played several audio recordings of statements police took after Bowen’s arrest.

In one recording, Bowen acts like she did not know anything. In another recording, Bowen appears to admit her role in the murder saying she stabbed Tina Goble.

http://www.wymt.com/content/news/Da...sion-tape-played-during-trial--419861063.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back