695 users online (104 members and 591 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

OH - Hillary Sharma, 30, Cuyahoga Valley National Park, 19 August 2014

Hillary Sharma

Search is on for woman missing in Cuyahoga Valley National Park

In the Cuyahoga Valley National Park, officials are searching for a missing 30-year-old woman. Hillary Sharma was last seen on Tuesday. Police were notified because friends were concerned for her welfare. Her car was found near the Boston Store Visitor Center on Thursday evening.
    http://www.19actionnews.com/story/26...-national-park
    Last edited by los2188; 08-22-2014 at 01:11 PM.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Here is her FB page. She is an artist and photographer and it looks like she is willing to take risks to create the perfect photograph. https://www.facebook.com/hillary.sharma

Some more details here: http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index...ns_car_fo.html

It sounds like her car was found last night, but she was last seen on Tuesday. It is an active search at this time with park rangers, county search & rescue, police and the county emergency response team joining the search. They are searching the water.

Edit to add another article: http://www.hudsonhubtimes.com/news%2...eastlake-woman

The news is just breaking and being picked up by several media stations.
    Last edited by ClaireNC; 08-22-2014 at 01:15 PM.
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

http://www.newsnet5.com/web/newsnet5...-national-park

Eastlake Police Chief Larry Reik said there has been a lack of communication between the woman and her family since her disappearance. There has been no activity from Sharma's cell phone in the last few days.
    This does not sound good.

Oh no

Thanks for posting this. I was just coming here to do so.
    I called down to park services and offered to help search but they said only the law enforcement right now but they will call later on to arrange searches if they do not find her.
    I was told her car was found early this morning...for what its worth.

I really hope this young lady is found safe.
    Has it been reported if she had her camera with her .
    Don't mind the misspellings.

She looks like a fun person from her pictures. I agree about the risk part taking the pictures. I saw one picture where she commented she jumped the fence to get in. Hope she didn't fall or anything. I don't know what the area looks like. Hope she is found soon

Quote Originally Posted by Tonia View Post
    She looks like a fun person from her pictures. I agree about the risk part taking the pictures. I saw one picture where she commented she jumped the fence to get in. Hope she didn't fall or anything. I don't know what the area looks like. Hope she is found soon
    I agree, she does look like a fun person. My daughter is about the same age and also a photographer. I know some of the things she does to get a picture. ABC News is on the scene and starting to release some images. Might give you a better feel for the area. http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-n...-national-park

Davia18, If she is anything like my daughter, she probably always has her camera with her.

Update from a half hour ago:

PENINSULA, Ohio - UPDATE 2:40 p.m.: Police believe they found some of Sharma's belongings in a remote section of the woods within two miles of where her vehicle was found. Sharma's camera case was found inside her car, but the camera was not found.

Friends of Sharma's have joined the search. They explained to NewsChannel5 Reporter Bob Jones that Sharma worked at a t-shirt shop in Bedford. She liked to take hikes and pictures.

The Bureau of Criminal Investigation is currently towing Sharma's vehicle.

Tweet from @bobjonesTV - 3h

Large search going on for Hillary Sharma. Last seen on Tuesday. Car found last night in CV National Park.

http://t.co/uiolNjSz5x

http://twitter.com/bobjonesTV/status/502875791768977408

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    findsierralamar.com
    #JusticeForSierraLaMar #JusticeForLittleChris #JusticeForSierah #JusticeForMalik #JusticeForAnGelica #JusticeForErin #JusticeForGabbi #JusticeForBecky #JusticeForKarina #JusticeForCharli #JusticeForJoshua #JusticeForCooper #JusticeForBella #JusticeForHeatherElvis #JusticeForJenise #JusticeForOmaree #JusticeForTristan #JusticeForJordyn
    #FindSierraLaMar #FindKatelin #FindRelishaRudd #FindBabyDelano #FindBabyDaphne #FindMyraLewis #FindDeOrr

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

from the @bobjonestv Twitter "Missing woman's car a, blue Toyota Camry. Police are searching trails and the Cuyahoga River. "

Bvp4b0eIQAA3DOx.jpg

He will be doing updates on Live 5 (or has, not sure about time differences) and says Hillary's belongings were found a couple of miles from the car.
    Justice for Jennifer

Rest in peace Danielle and Tammy

I sure hope she is safe.

Would she have had cell service out there?
    Just my opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by spiritseeker31 View Post
    Update from a half hour ago:

PENINSULA, Ohio - UPDATE 2:40 p.m.: Police believe they found some of Sharma's belongings in a remote section of the woods within two miles of where her vehicle was found. Sharma's camera case was found inside her car, but the camera was not found.

Friends of Sharma's have joined the search. They explained to NewsChannel5 Reporter Bob Jones that Sharma worked at a t-shirt shop in Bedford. She liked to take hikes and pictures.

The Bureau of Criminal Investigation is currently towing Sharma's vehicle.

Hi. I'm in NE Ohio as well. Akron area. Thanks for the update on this. I didn't even know she was missing until this morning, when I heard the news that her vehicle was found. Sure hoping for a good outcome on this one.

I came here to see if it had been posted yet and of course "Los" was right on it!! Great work as usual. .
    My posts are JMO of course!

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Would she have had cell service out there?
    Yes, there is pretty good cell service around - not sure why there hasn't been any pinging info. One of the rangers on the news said that the case is being treated as a welfare check. I'm thinking its probably past just a welfare check when her car has been abandoned, personal articles found and no response via phone. Even though we have thousands of acres of forest and trails getting lost for 1-2 days is not possible in my opinion. Homes and roads are scattered about. Getting hurt is a possibility but in my mind.....this doesn't look good. Another person may be involved with this disappearance.

Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast