CA CA - Amanda Campbell, 4, Fairfield, 27 Dec 1991

2sisters

Reaction score
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/campbell_amanda.html

I am curious what everyone thinks of this case, seems that they have good reason to suspect the man listed in the details section. Does anyone know anymore about this case or any of the others listed in her case file. It's heartbreaking to see a link in cases and nothing can be done about it.

Oh my gosh. Four years old and riding to someone's house by herself? This little girl looks so much like a girl I went to grade school with years ago. I wish there was more information about this man they suspect.

This does sound like a good case for WS.

Bindner is a STRANGE character. I remember seeing an interview with Kim Swartz, mother of Amber Swartz (As in the Amber Foundation and the "Amber Alert", I believe). Bindner would show up at her house while her child was missing with missing posters of the girl posted ALL OVER the exterior of the van. As I remember the interview, when the search dogs arrived at the Bugay grave, Bindner was THERE, "paying his respects". He would visit her grave up to 90 times a year. It has also been reported that Bindner has been found SLEEPING at the graves of some of the girls....Here is a link to the Unsolved Mysteries story on Amber, and Tim Bindner...http://www.unsolved.com/0239-Swartz.html

shadowangel said:
Bindner is a STRANGE character. I remember seeing an interview with Kim Swartz, mother of Amber Swartz (As in the Amber Foundation and the "Amber Alert", I believe). Bindner would show up at her house while her child was missing with missing posters of the girl posted ALL OVER the exterior of the van. As I remember the interview, when the search dogs arrived at the Bugay grave, Bindner was THERE, "paying his respects". He would visit her grave up to 90 times a year. It has also been reported that Bindner has been found SLEEPING at the graves of some of the girls....Here is a link to the Unsolved Mysteries story on Amber, and Tim Bindner...http://www.unsolved.com/0239-Swartz.html

There's an interesting book on Bindner called Stalemate by John Philpin. Bindner is really a creepy guy. Something is going on there. Whether he's the murderer or not (and I tend to think he is), he definitely has...uh..."boundary issues."

Here are the others that he was suspected in

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/misheloff_ilene.html
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/garecht_michaela.html
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/swartzgarcia_amber.html
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cossey_tara.html

Binder def. seems to have some issues, he truly seems to enjoy the fact that these girls are missing, like it's fun for him or something. I'm trying to figure out how Amanda Campbell and Amber Garcia's scent was trace to the grave of the little girl that he liked to visit and why was he visiting her grave all the time? Did he really have nothing to do with the crimes and it was just some sick fantasy to think about the girls?

http://www.newsmakingnews.com/doyouknowwhereyourchildrenare.htm
On May 2, 1997, the City of Fairfield, (located in Solano County) paid Timothy Bindner $90,000 to settle his lawsuit against the Fairfield police for having executed a search warrant at his Oakland home looking for evidence pertaining to Nikki Campbell and Amber Swartz Garcia. Bindner's status was classified as a suspect in these and several other cases at the time of the payment. Attorneys for Binder were Gary Lepper and Matthew Harrington, his partner, who also defended the Emeryville child molesters at the Emery Unified School District. None of these molesters were prosecuted either and they are walking around free and some of them are teaching school children, and others are government officials and owners of corporations in Alameda County.

http://www.newsmakingnews.com/xianadd2,4,00.htm
Some kind of dissociation has to happen. But that's just the way I would respond to it. I mean, to even do something like that, dissociation perhaps comes first. And then the whole act and what comes after it may be on a different level of reality or whatever. I just don't know. It baffles me. There's got to be some separation between that reality--what you actually did--and your daily life, and dealing with people and laughing, drinking coffee, and going about your duties on your job, dealing with your family at home. It's--I couldn't do it without dissociating somehow." Timothy Bindner musing about putting himself in the mind and body of a predator of children. Binder was and is a suspect in the kidnap of Amber Jean Swartz Garcia, June 1988, Pinole, and kidnap of Amanda (Nikki) Campbell, December 1991, Fairfield.

He is def. a strange one.

shadowangel said:
. I remember seeing an interview with Kim Swartz, mother of Amber Swartz (As in the Amber Foundation and the "Amber Alert", I believe).
Shadowangel, just for clarification, The Amber Foundation is Kim Schwartz's foundation,in honor of her daughter, Amber Schwartz-Garcia. The "Amber Alert" was named after Amber Hagerman, 9 of Arlington TX who was abducted while riding her bike and later found murdered.

Aw Nikki was such a little cutie wasnt she?

This Timothy Bindner is either the killer or has a serious screw loose. Even if he was innocent to begin with the fact that so many people have openly questioned his motives for trying to get in touch with families of missing girls should have made him think twice. If he truly wanted to help he would back off - its like he's trying to prove 'he can'.

Does he contact missing boys families too or has it just been the main few mentioned alongside his name in search engines?

Weirdo!

tennessee said:
Oh my gosh. Four years old and riding to someone's house by herself? This little girl looks so much like a girl I went to grade school with years ago. I wish there was more information about this man they suspect.

This does sound like a good case for WS.
I recently relocated from Fairfield after living there for 37 yrs. Fairfield was a small, quiet town. There is nothing remarkable about the town that would draw out 0f towners and we felt safe in our own little community. I remember the massive search efforts the afternoon Nikki was abducted. The parents and brother of Nikki each thought the other knew where she was. It wasn't determined for a couple hrs that she was abducted. It wouldn't have been uncommon for Nikki to be outside alone. The community had some crime of course but the only other child abduction in our area that was broadcast in the media was Clark Toshiro Handa, years before Nikki's disappearance. It was rumored that Clark's father had him abducted and sent to live with relatives overseas, so again, nobody feared a predator. Every factor leads to Bindner as the abductor/murderer of several Bay Area girls.

Bindner was a freakin' weirdo. He just happened to be in the areas of several missing girls, felt compelled to help search for them and gave the authorities his theory as to what happened to the girls. He was also observed simulating sexual acts at one of the girls graves. Unfortunately he was also very smart and outsmarted LE. Then had the audacity to sue the city for defamation AND WON!!! It was an 'in your face' to the FFPD. I always thought his weird wife would give him up but she stood by her man.

There is something really off about this Bindner guy.. He needs to be watched.

Bindner once commented that the best way to hide a body was to bury them below an open grave prior to the intended person was buried. Once the proper person was buried, no one would ever think to look for a victim buried underneath a legitimate casket.

The scary thing about this is: Bindner worked as a gravedigger for cemetaries!

just bumping this thread. lal the John Mark Karr talk got me thinking that him and timothy Bidner remind me alot of each other.

Dr. Doogie said:
Bindner once commented that the best way to hide a body was to bury them below an open grave prior to the intended person was buried. Once the proper person was buried, no one would ever think to look for a victim buried underneath a legitimate casket.

OMG what? And the fact that they traced the scent of the missing girls to the other girls grave? I think that should tell them something. And sending letters and cards to little girls, wriiten backwards? I'm sorry but this guy is out of his tree. He sounds like the stereo typical "strange man" complete with the old van and everything. And he was actually married:waitasec: ....

Dr. Doogie said:

Good God! I had never heard Bindners sick idea of the best place to bury a body before but thought ' oh well he wouldnt have had the opportunity to get to a freshly dug grave and do that so...', then I read on and find out he was a grave digger!!!! And I thought I had read up well on this weirdo - obviously not! Also had no idea the scent of the 2 girls was traced to the grave like that. Why on earth has nothing been done about this?

I think he is probably an intelligent man that even if he was guilty would have got enjoyment out of the fact that he sued and won the poive as if to prove to himself how intelligent he was. Has he ever been interviewed on TV about the cases? We dont get anything like that in the UK that I know of.

read the book "Stalemate" by John Philpin. It is about Bindner and the cases he was/is suspected of.

There was plenty of news coverage about him here in Northern Ca. and although he acted like the media was invading his privacy, he loved it. He was one step ahead of the police and loved that especially. That tells me he was skilled at what he was doing so I have no doubt there are victims that haven't even been linked to him.

Here's a link to an article in a newspaper about him:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/1997/08/30/MN10685.DTL

Read the book "Stalemate" by John Philpin. It is about Bindner and the cases he was/is suspected of.

There was plenty of news coverage about him here in Northern Ca. and although he acted like the media was invading his privacy, he loved it. He was one step ahead of the police and loved that especially. He's one of those killers that likes to tell the police what he thinks "the killer" would've done.
He was skilled at what he was doing so I have no doubt he's had plenty practice. I bet there are victims that haven't even been linked to him.

Here's a link to an article in a newspaper about him:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/1997/08/30/MN10685.DTL

This is a link to the missing person page for one of his suspected victims. It links to the other girls' pages and gives a detailed summary of why he is the #1 suspect in the cases. A couple that was arrested for another abduction/murder is mentioned too:

http://www.angelfire.com/mi3/mpccn/misheloff.html

He will slip up one day but unfortunatley, another childs life will probably end b/c of him before that time comes.

Where is Bindner now?

This is just an aside...I was living in the Antioch, CA area when Angela Bugay disappeared and I remember it very well. She lived in an apartment complex with I believe her mother and a younger brother. The complex was very close to a mall and the expressway. I went to that mall quite a bit since it was the closest shopping center to my home. I remember thinking at the time that whoever took her could be very far away by the time the police were even called. I recall that the the newspapers reported that Angela, her mother, and little brother were visiting a neighbor within the apt. complex...just a few doors down, and Angela was instructed to take her brother back to their apt., retrieve something and then return to the neighbor's apt. She never returned and the little boy was found in the hallway...I believe he was too young to be able to give any information. All of this happened within a very short period of time I believe. Angela's body was found (not sure when but not immediately) in a field near her home. My son was a baby at the time and from that moment on I realized how easily and quickly something like this could happen...in the blink of an eye!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back