638 users online (75 members and 563 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Court On Camera‏ @courtcam17
    Sabrina Limon found GUILTY of 1st Degree Murder and conspiracy to commit murder. Not guilty for attempted murder #SabrinaLimon
    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end .... there it is.
    Winston Churchill

Watching live here .... http://www.turnto23.com/news/local-n...d-robert-limon

She was found guilty on all charges except the 'attempted murder/poisoning charge.
    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end .... there it is.
    Winston Churchill

She was found guilty of:
    murder
    conspiracy to commit murder
    soliciting murder
    being an accessory after the fact

She was found not guilty of:
    attempted murder
    poisoning
    Winston Churchill

I think that's a fair verdict.

Verdict now uploaded to youtube

Winston Churchill

I wonder why not guilty. she gave him the pudding.

but YAY on the guilty!

Quote Originally Posted by Martha Morris View Post
    Court On Camera‏ @courtcam17
    Sabrina Limon found GUILTY of 1st Degree Murder and conspiracy to commit murder. Not guilty for attempted murder #SabrinaLimon

http://www.turnto23.com/news/local-n...erdict-reached

her sister believes she's innocent. right.

I feel sadness for their children, but they have no parents because of her actions.

and I hope his family is able to see those kids.

Quote Originally Posted by cvaldez1975 View Post
    http://www.turnto23.com/news/local-n...erdict-reached

her sister believes she's innocent. right.

I feel sadness for their children, but they have no parents because of her actions.
    Yes I just watched the sister being interviewed. In complete and utter denial. In the face of all that evidence, she still insists her sister is innocent. "She was a good mom, she would never have done this." Unbelievable.
    Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Martha Morris View Post
    Yes I just watched the sister being interviewed. In complete and utter denial. In the face of all that evidence, she still insists her sister is innocent. "She was a good mom, she would never have done this." Unbelievable.
    Ugh. I believe it. I mean, I believe the sister is in denial and won't ever believe her sister did this. There has been some interesting research done in situations like this - I wish i could find it, I probably read it linked here on WS somewhere. I was astounded that in the face of so much physical evidence, loved ones still believed their family member could not possibly do whatever the crime was.

As an aside... OJ believes he didn't do it, too.

Justice for Robert. Finally.
    "A word after a word after a word is power."
    ~Margaret Atwood~

Sabrina Limon's friend and family aren't taking the verdict too well.

"They sent an innocent woman to prison for life" claims friend Karen Hudgins. The police are 'liars', the jury's 'minds were made up before they ever reached the courtroom' and the 'county, its police and system of justice are 'scandalous'.

http://www.bakersfield.com/news/she-...444770d92.html
    Winston Churchill

More denial

"She would never bring a cold-blooded murderer around her kids".

Um - that's EXACTLY what she did!!

http://www.kerngoldenempire.com/news...dict/827713274
    Winston Churchill

The family is convinced that the jury pool was tainted before the jurors were selected. The trial could never have been fair when it was held in Kern County, where so much news coverage of the murder has centered, Hudgins said.

“She was convicted before she got up there. Her story was created before she got on the stand. It should never have been here,” Hudgins said.
    http://www.bakersfield.com/news/she-...444770d92.html

I find the claim that she couldn't get a fair trial in Kern County ridiculous. This case came to my attention years ago, the majority of news stories I read were from the Victorville Daily Press. Other news outlets which followed the case were in San Bernardino County. Very little was coming out of Kern County, matter of fact I emailed a reporter from Bakersfield to see if he would provide better updates on the case after she was arrested. He said there was little to report, but would provide coverage at trial.

IMVHO, Sabrina's sister has provided some good insight into family dynamics. Karen Hudgins, not much needs to be said. She is obviously not a very stable person, but is Sabrina's "best friend".

Thank you Jury, justice was served.
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

Quote Originally Posted by Knox View Post
    I find the claim that she couldn't get a fair trial in Kern County ridiculous. This case came to my attention years ago, the majority of news stories I read were from the Victorville Daily Press. Other news outlets which followed the case were in San Bernardino County. Very little was coming out of Kern County, matter of fact I emailed a reporter from Bakersfield to see if he would provide better updates on the case after she was arrested. He said there was little to report, but would provide coverage at trial.

IMVHO, Sabrina's sister has provided some good insight into family dynamics. Karen Hudgins, not much needs to be said. She is obviously not a very stable person, but is Sabrina's "best friend".

Thank you Jury, justice was served.
    I couldn't agree more.

What is telling to me is that of all the friendship group that knew Rob and Sabrina and I'm not just referring to their 'intimate' friends, but rather colleagues, neighbours and wider circle have all 'sided' (for want of a. better word) with Rob and Rob's family. On the live feed I watched on youtube - there were also live comments and several of the contributors were from the immediate locality. They said that locally, the overwhelming balance of opinion was that she was not only capable of doing what she was accused of, but in their opinion guilty of it.

Her family talk about the fact that the jury didn't know 'the real Sabrina' - the wonderfully sweet natured, genuine, naive, innocent loving mom, who could never, ever have done this. If they knew her, they would realise that.

However, she elected to take the stand in her own defence, and had hours of very gentle and supportive questioning from her own lawyer, which did absolutely nothing to help herself or her case. Far from coming across as genuine, she came across as coquettish and fake. The little girl lost act on a 37 year old woman who had clearly been around the block several times in terms of her sexual behaviour as illustrated by all the evidence (and whose appearance - and I have to careful what I say here as no-one should be judged on how they look - but frankly she is not an attractive woman facially so the cutesy smiles, covert glances, sighs and shrugs to the jury fell flat) and who had been heard, lying repeatedly on camera, in interviews and so on, her attempt to endear herself to the jury failed spectacularly. However, it may be that belief in her own powers of seduction and persuasion was what made her choose to take the stand and it was that, coupled with the testimony of her older sister, her children (unforgivable to involve them in my view) and an ex (possibly current) boyfriend - which was all the defence case had. There was nothing else offered up, apart from a tangential and emotional closing from Mr Terry.

So I am aghast that Mr Terry, Sabrina herself and her 'friend' and family are apparently shocked at the outcome. Did they really think she was going to walk after that painstakingly compiled prosecution case delivered by a hugely competent and eloquent prosecutor in Eric Smith, and the paucity of the defence case that went up against it.

Apparently they plan to appeal, but on what grounds I'm not sure.
    Winston Churchill

I think the jury got it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast