NC NC - Sarah Long, 41, Davidson, 19 Jul 2014

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
SarahLong_zpsd2097439.jpg

http://www.wfmynews2.com/story/news...h-davidson-nc-mysterious-sarah-long/14432007/

Davidson police are investigating the mysterious death of 41-year-old Sarah Catherine Long. Her body was found in the bedroom of her townhouse located on Old Meeting Way last month. The Medical Examiner says she had been shot once on the left side of her head, initially it was believed the death was a suicide. Now investigators say they have found all kinds things that don't add up and are classifying the case as a suspicious death investigation.

They were called out to the home by her boyfriend of 7 months who we have chosen not to identify. He told them he was worried because he had not see her in days. A few days later the boyfriend produced documents that said that Long had left him 100% of her assets worth potentially more than a million dollars.

Police went to talk to the wife of the boyfriend and she told them an interesting story. She claimed her husband might have tried to poison her on May 8th.

http://www.wcnc.com/story/news/crime/2014/08/20/davidson-sarah-long/14362549/

Court documents say that the boyfriend told police that Long suffered from terminal cancer and was suicidal. He claimed she was lethargic and unable to do anything for herself.

Neighbors strongly disagree.

"I done seen people die of cancer. They just wither away. They don't have no get up and go about them, but this girl was up walking, jogging," said Bruce Collins, who lived a few doors down.

Wow! Does not make sense in light of:
"I done seen people die of cancer. They just wither away. They don't have no get up and go about them, but this girl was up walking, jogging," said Bruce Collins, who lived a few doors down.

Would like to see a formal will....
How bad was the cancer?
Did she own the gun?
Suicide by shooting is rare for women, and rare too in head/face.
Since he's married, going to police and not got going to her townhouse?
Since bf said he hadn't seen her in days - that's perfect for checking phone, social media, and surveillance to disprove.
Hope they get whomever did this. She is so beautiful, what a shame!

Very interesting.

First of all, the ME may regret his initial "rush to judgment" in ruling her death a suicide. Defense attorneys love to jump all over those "mistakes" at trial and this ME will be in for a lengthy cross-examination.

Secondly, it appears obvious who the primary suspect should be. A married boyfriend whose wife claims he may have tried to kill her shortly before Sarah's death, with documents stating he stands to inherit Sarah's assets worth nearly a million dollars, and making claims Sarah was dying of cancer?? He appears to have wrapped this up perfectly for himself, or so he thinks. If this is a recent photo of Sarah, she looks perfectly healthy, and I am in agreement with the neighbor, that a person who is in the last stages of that illness would be barely functioning, let alone active and jogging. The so-called "suicide" appears staged, and am also curious if Sarah owned a gun.

:waitasec:

MOO

Wow! Does not make sense in light of:

Would like to see a formal will....
How bad was the cancer?
Did she own the gun?
Suicide by shooting is rare for women, and rare too in head/face.
Since he's married, going to police and not got going to her townhouse?
Since bf said he hadn't seen her in days - that's perfect for checking phone, social media, and surveillance to disprove.
Hope they get whomever did this. She is so beautiful, what a shame!

Most curious if any trace of cancer was present at her autopsy, and at what point in the initial investigation the married boyfriend gave this information to LE. Would also like to hear more from the wife as to this attempted poisoning.

MOO

Also, was Sarah right-handed or left-handed?
Good point! It would seem, though, the staging was at least somewhat consistent with suicide which contributed to the initial ruling.

MOO

The boyfriend tried to give his own wife a "poisoned milkshake " in May. I think he was testing how much drug to give someone in advance. In July the last time he visited his girlfriend the victim, he bought he toilet paper and a chocolate shake. People that knew Sarah said she was right handed, but she was shot in the left temple and the gun was in her left hand between her breast. LE took the milkshake container as evidence.

(From OkieGanny's link)
http://www.wfmynews2.com/story/news...h-davidson-nc-mysterious-sarah-long/14432007/

The boyfriend tried to give his own wife a "poisoned milkshake " in May. I think he was testing how much drug to give someone in advance. In July the last time he visited his girlfriend the victim, he bought he toilet paper and a chocolate shake. People that knew Sarah said she was right handed, but she was shot in the left temple and the gun was in her left hand between her breast. LE took the milkshake container as evidence.

(From OkieGanny's link)
When I first read the article, I mistook the chocolate shake container for the one he had given his wife. Now more questions arise, such as his contention he hadn't seen Sarah for several days, takes her a chocolate shake and toilet paper, and she had allegedly killed herself before he arrived and he discovered the body? Totally confused.

When I first read the article, I mistook the chocolate shake container for the one he had given his wife. Now more questions arise, such as his contention he hadn't seen Sarah for several days, takes her a chocolate shake and toilet paper, and she had allegedly killed herself before he arrived and he discovered the body? Totally confused.
If you watch the video, it says the last time the boyfriend "saw her" was when he took the TP and shake. The boyfriend then called LE a few days later saying he had not heard from her in days. I guess a welfare check was done and she was found dead. He told LE that she had been very weak/sick , ect but all the neighbors said she was up and active.

Thanks OG :seeya:

Article stated he said she suffered from cervical cancer. That should be pretty easy to tell if it's true.

I would love to know if she's right or left handed.

I wish I could find out more about the boyfriend. Very hinky

If you watch the video, it says the last time the boyfriend "saw her" was when he took the TP and shake. The boyfriend then called LE a few days later saying he had not heard from her in days. I guess a welfare check was done and she was found dead. He told LE that she had been very weak/sick , ect but all the neighbors said she was up and active.
Thanks - I have no speakers on the monitor at the moment. The print article was what confused me as I initially thought he hadn't seen her for a few days, then the milkshake container was found with her, so she either died immediately afterward or hadn't emptied the trash for days. Whatever, it appears he is the last known person to see her, and obviously the prime suspect, in my opinion. I trust the neighbors statements a lot more than him.

MOO

Thanks OG :seeya:

I would love to know if she's right or left handed.

On the video the neighbor said he remembers her always holding the dog leash in her right hand when she walked her dog. He thought she was right handed. We need to hear what her family says. LE most likely already knows.

(I think that there are many cases out there that are ruled as suicides, when they actually are not. jmo)
Agree, some ruled suicides, others accidental (such as drownings) and later ruled homicide. Thankfully this one was reclassified before many years passed as is sometimes the case.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back