Funerals

Camper

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
duffy's post on the 911 call, spurred me to do this thread.

About PR's clothing that she wore to JonBenets funeral.

I read duffy's post about Aunt Pam going to the Ramsey house to 'pick up' clothes for the funeral, and taking a lot more things. My first impulse when I read that was where and 'when' did PR get that HUGE black hat. Then I thought, hmmm, did she buy it especially to wear to JR's daughter Beth's funeral in GA?

I do not remember that that was the reason Aunt Pam went, to 'just' pick up clothes for everyone to wear to the funeral, help me out here, anyone? I seem to remember that Jonbenets young brother, did not fare so well the day of the funeral in the 'clothing' department.

Does someone have pictures of the funeral for JonBenet that they would repost? I suppose there might be pics of Beth's funeral and what everyone wore to that one, but I doubt that the sleuthers here could dredge up any of them, huh, er?

BUT me being the suspicious person that I was born to be, wonder just exactly when PR might have 'bought' that BIG black hat. I also wonder IF IF PR might have worn 'that' hat to any of JonBenets contests, or to church before, either for regular service or to a church funeral for someone?

The date of purchase is my interest!

My recollection is Patsy's funeral outfit was chosen from a selection sent over by a store. If I get a chance I'l look it up.

Added: It's in DOI p.35. P. 36 explains she realized why Jackie Kennedy wore a veil. It gives a sense of protection and privacy and that was why she chose it. It's not clear whether the hat belonged to someone else or was included in the clothes sent from Denver.

Camper said:
I do not remember that that was the reason Aunt Pam went, to 'just' pick up clothes for everyone to wear to the funeral, help me out here, anyone? I seem to remember that Jonbenets young brother, did not fare so well the day of the funeral in the 'clothing' department.

Does someone have pictures of the funeral for JonBenet that they would repost? I suppose there might be pics of Beth's funeral and what everyone wore to that one, but I doubt that the sleuthers here could dredge up any of them, huh, er?.

I have not found pictures of Patsy wearing this particular hat before the funeral (although, lord knows, there are several other pictures of Patsy indulging in her love of big hats), but for the record, here is the one to look for if you are interested:

hat.jpg

And yes, Burke "did not fare so well the day of the funeral in the 'clothing' department":

burkefuneral.jpg

To Tipper:

Patsy may have claimed that she wore her veil in understanding of why Jackie Kennedy did, but as the pictures themselves show, Patsy in fact had no understanding of Jackie at all. Jackie wore her veil as a sign of grief, but her face was visible to all, contrary to Patsy's claim that privacy of tears was the point:

walk-jackie-25.jpg

"I could see why people wore veils at such times: the filmy material surrounds you like a cocoon, overshadowing your face and closing out the world. With the covering and protection, I could cry, be private in my grief. [...] I asked a friend to help. She found a sheer black scarf and attached it to a black felt hat, then packed it for the trip to Atlanta."

If you had a friend who, for the same reasons, decided they wanted to wear a veil to a difficult funeral, would you take them to task because their veil wasn't as sheer as Jackie's? It appears Patsy wasn't even the one who selected the scarf/veil.

Added: Why didn't the White's or the Fernie's take Burke in hand and tell him to tuck in his shirt etc? Patsy and John (Patsy in particular) were basket cases. If I'd been there as a friend I would have stepped in and made sure Burke looked pulled together. I certainly wouldn't have expected the parents to be in any condition to do so.

Why Nutt, thank you so much, I guess PR could not find any larger earrings to hide under the veil ?, er huh. I did not remember those enormous earrings!

I could not figure out what the red stuff was near Burkes feet?

I read that Patsy was very obsessed with looking like Jackie Kennedy and she wore the same outfit and hat/veil which Jackie Kennedy wore at J.F.K.’s funeral and that Patsy knelt down to kiss JonBenet's coffin the same way Jackie did at her husband's funeral.

Also who was the one that dressed Burke for the funeral?
Because in the begginig the Media and News were talking about how bad Burke dressed for the funeral, in "The Death of Innocence" Patsy said
"Later on I seen how Burke was dresses at the funeral and I deeply
regret having him go out looking like that."

Shanny said:
I read that Patsy was very obsessed with looking like Jackie Kennedy and she wore the same outfit and hat/veil which Jackie Kennedy wore at J.F.K.’s funeral [...]
You read wrong.

All you needed to do is look at pictures of what Patsy wore and what JBK wore.

Jackie Kennedy wore the black veil because....SHE IS CATHOLIC!

Catholic women wear dark veils to mass...and funerals. Tradition.

And Patsy was a Jackie Kennedy wannabe. She wanted to name JonBenet Caroline...John-John was already taken by JAR...so Burke was named, er...Burke. It's in DOI

Some do, some don't as you can see here.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/rfk/gallery/images/g_08.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/rfk/gallery/g_08.html&h=284&w=378&sz=40&tbnid=9L3Z3bX6UGsJ:&tbnh=89&tbnw=119&hl=en&start=1&prev=/images%3Fq%3Drobert%2Bkennedy%2Bfuneral%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DG

And remember she did not wear a veil that covered her face at Robert Kennedy's funeral. She wore a black lace mantilla on her head.

Added: the Kennedys didn't have a daughter named Sarah and that was the third name under consideration. Hardly indicative of an obsession.

>>"Later on I seen how Burke was dresses at the funeral and I deeply
[/QUOTE]<<

Poor Burke, seems noone cared about him during that time. Bad enough, he was allowed to go out of his parents sight on that dreaded day....with a killer on the loose who had just murdered his little sister. (ha)

When all is said and done ... does it really matter who wore what to the funeral?

I think if Patsy felt better trying to look like Jackie Kennedy at JonBenet's funeral to help her get through the day ... so be it.

As far as Burke,he had on a dress shirt with tie, dress pants and jacket.Not so shabby. Okay his shirt wasn't tucked in properly ... that's a 9 yr old for ya!

Whether your for or against the Ramsey's doesn't matter,all I'm saying ... is what they wore to the funeral doesn't have any thing to do with JB's murder. It's just not important.

Wow. Those are huge earrings. Clip ons, I take it. And her make-up looks great. Not a smudge anywhere. I could never wear make-up to a funeral. It would have made my face a mess. But not Patsy. Somehow her tears complimented her make-up. I wear Bobbi Brown and MAC. Must find out what Patsy wears...

narlacat said:
>>"Later on I seen how Burke was dresses at the funeral and I deeply
<<

Poor Burke, seems noone cared about him during that time. Bad enough, he was allowed to go out of his parents sight on that dreaded day....with a killer on the loose who had just murdered his little sister. (ha)[/QUOTE]

Yeah I agree with you, if there was 'a killer on the loose' then why did the Ramseys send Burke to the Whites house ?
How do they know if he was safe there ?
Fleet White could have been the killer .....if that were my child I would not let him out of my site for a minute.

Shanny said:
<<

Poor Burke, seems noone cared about him during that time. Bad enough, he was allowed to go out of his parents sight on that dreaded day....with a killer on the loose who had just murdered his little sister. (ha)

Yeah I agree with you, if there was 'a killer on the loose' then why did the Ramseys send Burke to the Whites house ?
How do they know if he was safe there ?
Fleet White could have been the killer .....if that were my child I would not let him out of my site for a minute. [/QUOTE]

Shanny,

When Burke left with Fleet,there were police and a whole house full of people. I'm sure if they did not trust Fleet, or thought it was not safe,someone,especially the police would have stepped up,and stopped Burke from leaving the house. Apparently the police thought it was safe enough.

I don't have the source available right now, but the cops did try to prevent Burke from leaving the house at 7:00 AM. I think it was Officer French who tried to stop John from taking Burke, but John hustled on by with Burke saying something like "He was asleep and doesn't know anything."

Fleet White and John Fernie then drove Burke to the White's house, and soon after the cops found out where he was taken a detective, I think it was Patterson, went over and interviewed him. During the interview, Burke reportedly told Patterson that he slept through the entire night and doesn't know anything.

Well, that sure sounded like an echo. Like father, like son. And we know now that it was a bunch of bull by both John and Burke because the enhanced final four seconds of the 911 call proves Burke was up and about at 5:52 AM. It appears Burke had already been coached by John on what to say to the cops.

BlueCrab

BlueCrab said:
I don't have the source available right now, but the cops did try to prevent Burke from leaving the house at 7:00 AM. I think it was Officer French who tried to stop John from taking Burke, but John hustled on by with Burke saying something like "He was asleep and doesn't know anything."

Well, that sure sounded like an echo. Like father, like son. And we know now that it was a bunch of bull by both John and Burke because the enhanced final four seconds of the 911 call proves Burke was up and about at 5:52 AM. It appears Burke had already been coached by John on what to say to the cops.

BlueCrab
I often wonder how the R's got away with murder with OF on the job. Must of been an off day for the A-1 crime fighter.

"We" know no such thing because there is no such tape.

BlueCrab said:

Fleet White and John Fernie then drove Burke to the White's house, and soon after the cops found out where he was taken a detective, I think it was Patterson, went over and interviewed him. During the interview, Burke reportedly told Patterson that he slept through the entire night and doesn't know anything.

BlueCrab

You're absolutely correct BlueCrab...Police wanted to keep Burke in the home to interview him but John told LE "he knows nothing"...then he removed Burke from the home and into Fleet's car.

Wellll, very interesting information being batted around on my thread.

You all missed the point of my thread, so let me splain.

Beth died tragically before JonBenet did, time frame I have forgotten and inahurry this morning.

Here somes the point:--->WHAT did Patsy wear to that funeral?
More to the point WHEN did she buy the hat she wore to JonBenets funeral, had any of her friends or church folks EVER seen her wear THAT hat before.

IF IF we are talking pre med as a possibility.

OR IF IF PR bought THAT hat just before Christmas 1996, WHO would need a black hat at Christmas time.

BlueCrab did they attend midnight mass on Christmas eve, I donut remember?

Camper

It was a new hat for JonBenet's funeral. Patsy said a friend helped her. The friend found a sheer black scarf and attached it to a black felt hat.
I do not know what she wore to Beth's funeral.

BlueCrab said:

BlueCrab

Now wait one minute here.
The cops come to the Ramsey's house on 12/23 because they got a hang up 911 call,they stand at the door,never stepping inside to make sure all is well,and takes the word of one of the guest,that nothing is wrong,and he turns around and leaves.

Then,three days later,they get a 911 call again from the Ramsey's house,(two calls in three days would already have me suspicious), about a kidnapping,there's already a house full of people,they want to talk to Burke because he is a key witness,but Burke breezes right past them,because John says so .... and the cops don't stop them!!

If all of the above is correct ... then the Boulder police dept, are bungling idiots!

Good thing the Ramsey's didn't live in New York,police in NY don't take too kindly to people who are not cooperating!

Geeez .....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back