GUILTY OK - Officer Daniel Holtzclaw for rapes, sexual assaults, Oklahoma City, 2014

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://kfor.com/2014/08/21/police-okc-officer-under-investigation-for-lewd-acts-rape/

Holtzclaw is facing several charges including first-degree rape, first-degree rape by instrumentation, three counts of forcible oral sodomy, two counts of sexual battery and two counts of indecent exposure. Those charges are expected to be filed next week.

Officials say several victims have been identified, but others may have not come forward yet.

He is being held on a $5 million bond.

http://www.koco.com/news/oklahoma-city-police-chief-to-announce-major-arrest/27667266#!bISRhs

Citty said the victims were forced to expose themselves, fondle themselves, and one of the women was raped. Citty said several of the women were forced to perform oral sex on Holtzclaw.

“Traffic stops, some of the individuals were actually just walking," Citty said. "Walking in their neighborhood and they were stopped, you know, searched, threatened in some way with arrest or something to that extent. And as a result of that, actually coerced them into providing sexual favors to him”...

Alitia Timmons is representing the 57-year-old grandmother who first came forward with allegations that Officer Daniel Holtzclaw forced her to perform oral sex during a traffic stop in June... “She was really, really fragile,” Timmons said. “She was scared to leave her house. When she was driving and she saw a police officer drive by, it would terrorize her and she has been piecing herself together.”

http://newsok.com/more-victims-are-possible-in-oklahoma-city-police-sex-crime-case/article/5334344

Holtzclaw, an Enid native, worked the 4 p.m. to 2 a.m. shift at the Springlake Division, which predominately patrols the northeast part of Oklahoma City. Police said most incidents happened at the location of the stops, but some victims were taken to remote locations...

Investigators have received statements from six women, and one woman is scheduled to provide a statement, Citty said. The chief said all the victims are black women between the ages of 34 and 58, and the incidents occurred from February to June in the area of Lincoln Boulevard to Interstate 35 and NE 14 to NE 50.

Detectives began investigating Holtzclaw after a woman complained to police June 18. He was placed on administrative leave the same day. “We started the investigation and we started looking at traffic stops he had made throughout the previous months to try to identify and initiate contact with females that we knew he had stopped during that period of time, just to see if they had been sexually assaulted,” Citty said.

Wow, Seven women raped or sodomized by a cop with a "clean record". The details are very very disturbing- he really made a lot of these women fear for their lives too. And one, he kept coming back to asault the same woman. In her own home. What a nightmare.

The have good evidence that these women are telling the truth. It will be disturbing if he manages to get off because they lack the DNA. There is no explaination for him taking these women to abandoned areas at all, and the GPS says he did and he was in contact with them xactly when they said he was.
What scum. I am shocked he is out on bail. This is deeply disturbing.
Horrible. May he rot in jail.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jtes/daniel-holtzclaw-alleged-sexual-assault-oklahoma-city

By allegedly focusing on poor black women with criminal records, Holtzclaw kept himself from being caught — until he met J.L., a black woman who was just passing through the neighborhood he patrolled. “Not only is this individual stopping women who fit a profile of members of our society who are confronted rightly or wrongly by police officers all the time,” said the prosecutor, Gieger. “He identifies a vulnerable society that without exception except one have an attitude for ‘What good is it gonna do? He’s a police officer. Who’s going to believe me?’”

This case is so disturbing...IMO he should have been held without bail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. It appears he preyed on his victims because he knew they would be too intimidated not to meet his demands. My heart breaks for the victims that have been identified and also others that may have been victimized.

http://newsok.com/preliminary-heari...-daniel-holtzclaw-is-underway/article/5367671

DNA found inside the uniform pants of an Oklahoma City police officer accused of a barrage of crimes matches a 17-year-old girl he reportedly raped on the front porch of her mother’s home. The evidence was introduced Monday at a preliminary hearing...

The 17-year-old victim testified she first met Holtzclaw in June when he arrived to investigate a verbal dispute involving two of her friends. She testified he picked her up while walking home later in the day, threatened to arrest her on outstanding warrants, questioned her identity and eventually took her to her mother’s house. Once they were inside an enclosed porch at the home, Holtzclaw reportedly pulled down her shorts and forced her to have sex with him.

She didn’t disclose the incident until she was contacted by police. “What am I going to do? Call the cops? He was a cop,” she testified.

http://www.news9.com/story/27415511/judge-okc-officer-accused-of-sexual-assaults-will-go-to-trial

A judge ruled Tuesday afternoon that there is enough evidence for an Oklahoma City police officer accused of sexual assaults to go to trial...

In all, Daniel Holtzclaw, 27, faces a total of 35 felony counts and one misdemeanor after 13 women testified about their forced sexual encounters with the officer while he was supposed to be on the job patrolling the streets, keeping the public safe.

http://newsok.com/accused-oklahoma-city-police-officer-is-fired/article/5382849

He was fired Thursday.

An officer delivered the letter from Oklahoma City Police Chief Bill Citty to Holtzclaw directly, Capt. Paco Balderrama said.

“Your offenses committed against women in our community constitute the greatest abuse of police authority I have witnessed in my 37 years as a member of this agency,” Citty wrote. “These violations more than warrant your termination from the Oklahoma City Police Department.”

Excellent news. Now to make sure he does prison time, is registered as a dangerously high risk sex offender, and is kept a close eye on when released back into the community which unfortunately will happen at some point. Hopefully they are also investigating him for any disappearances in the area.

Really ! This is super disturbing.

This case is horrifying. He needs to go away for a very long time.

The defense raised a valid point, I am afraid. The letter from OKCPD had already determined his guilt and since he has not gone to trial yet...it could be a serious problem in his prosecution. I only caught part of it on the news, but it certainly made me think about how a technicality could derail this overwhelming evidence laden case.

http://www.news9.com/story/28038311/daniel-holtzclaw-files-grievance-with-fraternal-order-of-police

It was just last month that Daniel Holtzclaw was given this termination letter by Oklahoma City Police Chief Bill Citty, saying he failed to respond or even appear at any of the hearings to plead his case.

Instead he filed a grievance with the FOP, who after looking at his case, chose not to represent him.

“He filed a grievance because he was terminated,” said Mark Nelson, the Vice President of the Oklahoma City Fraternal Order of Police. “And we heard what evidence was available and decided not to pursue that grievance.”

http://www.news9.com/story/28261644/october-26-trial-set-for-ex-oklahoma-city-officer-on-sex-counts

An October 26 trial date is set for a former Oklahoma City police officer on dozens of charges he sexually assaulted 13 women while on duty.

Oklahoma County District Judge Timothy Henderson set the trial date Wednesday for Daniel Holtzclaw, who faces a total of 36 charges that include six counts of first-degree rape. The rape charges carry a sentence of up to life in prison.

3202d77f.gif

King: DNA shows Oklahoma City cop Daniel Holtzclaw sexually assaulted teen as he continues to deny 13 accusers' claims

Thirteen African-American women in Oklahoma City have publicly accused Officer Daniel Holtzclaw of sexual assault while he was on duty.

Holtzclaw is facing 36 charges, including six counts of first-degree rape. On Tuesday, the lead detective in the case testified that DNA from the 13th accuser, a 17-year-old runaway, was actually found inside and outside of the pants of Officer Holtzclaw.

Detective Kim Davis, meanwhile, testified that the DNA was from vaginal fluid.

The teen girl testified that Officer Holtzclaw found her out walking in the night, picked her up in her car and took her home, where he raped her right outside of the house. Her mother testified that Holtzclaw actually called the house later that night looking for the girl. The mother was so furious that she took a screenshot of the call, which she displayed in open court.

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

NY Daily News

3202d77f.gif

Oklahoma City Councilman worries race could play role in Holtzclaw verdict, sentence

A city councilman said he worries about how an all-white jury will rule in the case of a former Oklahoma City police officer charged with sexually assaulting 13 black women while on duty.

Ward 7 Councilman John Pettis said he attended the trial for Daniel Holtzclaw for a day this week.

"I do pray that justice will be blind, that the jury will be blind and they will look at all the evidence in the case," said Pettis, who is black.

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

News OK

3202d77f.gif

How Police Caught The Cop Who Allegedly Sexually Abused Black Women

Daniel Holtzclaw “vehemently denies each and every” charge brought against him, his lawyer said in a statement Saturday. Holtzclaw didn’t speak at Wednesday’s hearing. He would occasionally whisper to his attorneys, but his expression remained unreadable as he intently watched the witnesses — among them his father, a childhood friend who lived with Holtzclaw while he was at the police academy, and a sports reporter. Many more family members and friends sat in the front rows of the courtroom, including Holtzclaw’s girlfriend of six months, his defense attorney Scott Adams said.

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

BuzzFeed

When considering the case of this alleged serial rapist, I cannot help but to wonder... if he is acquitted (seems impossible in light of the evidence but stranger things have happened), imho, he has all the makings of a potential serial killer.

Why?

In no particular order:

• His alleged victim count is 13.
  • Victim's ages range from 17 to 58. ← this is extremely important
  • He's 28. His frontal cortex is fully developed. That is, this is not about impulse control (or lack thereof).
  • He was brazen enough to think he could get away with it bc he targeted women of color.
  • He used his position of authority to take what he wanted.
  • He is allegedly in a relationship.
If he is acquitted, imho, he will still be driven to rape. Importantly, he'll be bolder bc he convinced an (all white) jury that he wasn't guilty. However, to avoid getting caught, I would proffer that to feed his addiction, he will start killing his victims.

In other words, if he is acquitted, imho, it would be not unlike another LEO who was accused of similar behavior, reprimanded with a wrist slap, rose to a very high rank, to the point of leading an investigation of dumped bodies of prostitutes that "mysteriously" began showing up in his area.

Coincidence? Perhaps. Then again, as Harlan Ellison so eloquently states:

"There is no such thing as chance, only patterns we cannot understand."​

If, otoh, he is convicted, and regardless of sentencing, imho, he should be classified as an SVO on the sex offender list. Bc I still think he will fall into the above scenario, only moreso, in being more driven to avoid prison.

The above is, of course, just my opinion based upon what is known at this time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back