CA - 6.0 earthquake American Canyon

Thanks Yoda! I just started a thread on it after I checked the USGS site. Are you in the Bay Area? Woke me up.

Just now reporting it on CNN with Christi Paul.

Sounds like 911 system is down or? They can communicate by computer

Thanks Yoda! I just started a thread on it after I checked the USGS site. Are you in the Bay Area? Woke me up.
Nope. Over here in carolina. Just woke up and whenever I get online check the usgs. How is it there?

Nope. Over here in carolina. Just woke up and whenever I get online check the usgs. How is it there?

It only lasted 2-3 sec, but I can't go back to sleep. Afraid of aftershocks. Earthquakes terrify me because I've been in a couple of large ones in my life. I was 45 min. away from the epicenter of this one, but it was large enough to wake me up after only going to sleep about 20 min. before. I'm a light sleeper anyway. No damage here that I can tell. Dog slept through it. DD woke up, I woke hubby up, but they all went back to sleep.
American Canyon is very close to Napa, CA- wine country- 6mi. South. Best way to describe location. Above S.F. Hit around 3:20a.m. PST
A few friends near me also reporting it on Facebook.

Keep safe!

Thanks! We already take earthquake precautions- they used to have dedicated stores- strapping down large furniture, water heater, no glass on shelves, or cemented down, bottled water on hand...

Sounds like 911 system is down or? They can communicate by computer

Don't know, I didn't call. Only checked USGS and CNN.
They've reported power is out in Solano County- where American Canyon is located. It was felt as far south in the Bay Area as Mountain View. My niece contacted me on Facebook and they felt it.

It was a side-side shaking and it was loud, sounded like the ceiling fan was shaking. No aftershocks so far, almost one hour after.

Upped to 6.1. 42,000 homes without electricity.

Glad you are safe Linask! Earthquakes scare me more than hurricanes or tornadoes. At least you have warning with hurricanes and tornadoes and can take action to protect yourself and family...earthquakes are just BOOM!

Dang! Pity the big news networks are so lame. They just ran a blip across as if not much happened. Maybe as the sun comes up in CA and there is visible damage, they'll be covering it more.
You guys stay safe out there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back