Australia - Possible child abduction-child forced into boot of car at train station

LolaAngelina

Reaction score
Hope this is the right section.

This is sounds like a very strange case

A screaming child forced into a car boot during a possible abduction in Melbourne's inner south-east on Friday has still not been reported missing.

Police have been told screams were heard coming from the open boot of the car, which was parked in the Gardiner train station car park in Glen Iris about 5.40pm on Friday.

Two men stood next to the late-model silver sedan and tried to close the boot.

Police spokeswoman Creina O'Grady said there had been no reports of missing children

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/p...en-a-child-20140824-107r4g.html#ixzz3BN9sVg3v

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/p...en-a-child-20140824-107r4g.html#ixzz3BN9lDIiq

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/p...ved-to-have-been-a-child-20140824-107r4g.html

This is awful. I'm wondering if they put her in the boot for a joke, she screamed and then was placed in the car. Could be a dad, relative? Ugh. Idk. Just very worrying.

Very strange that no-one got a licence plate no. I mean these 2 guys who tried to help and then got told none of your business didnt think to get it? There must have been other people around at the time, it was 5.40pm, so hardly in the middle of the night.
Maybe it was a teenage girl who told her parents she was at a friends for a weekend, so they haven't realised she's even missing yet?

Any surveillance video? Better description of the men?

Nope and nope. No car model or number plates or descriptions of the men. At first it wasn't even clear it was a child.

Would there be passenger lists for the trains? It especially concerns me that this occurred at a train station because it could involve child trafficking -- someone flies or sails into Australia with a child snatched in another country and then takes the child by rail to another location. In that case, there would be no local report of a missing child. If there's a passenger list, the railway station would know how many children were on each train, so LE could contact the family of each child that rode that afternoon. If a family didn't cooperate, it would look very suspicious, especially if there is no record of the family having children.

Don't know if this makes sense. Just some thoughts.

Suburban trains don't have passenger lists as far as I know. I can't find any updates.

It is strange that there has not been a missing persons report. It is strange that no-one present at the abduction got the registration number plate of the car, you would think that would be the first thing anyone would do.

Well, I'm guessing this didn't actually happen. No updates.

Victoria has 2 train systems, metro and the country line. I rarely ever take either as I serious dislike public transport. As far as I know though, only services that require a booking on the country line would have a passenger list. So, basically, no chance of a passenger list.

If this child was indeed abducted by someone who is not a relative, the only reason I can think of for why they haven't been reported missing is that they are a dhs kid. Sometimes they aren't reported missing for a couple of weeks.

Victoria has 2 train systems, metro and the country line. I rarely ever take either as I serious dislike public transport. As far as I know though, only services that require a booking on the country line would have a passenger list. So, basically, no chance of a passenger list.

If this child was indeed abducted by someone who is not a relative, the only reason I can think of for why they haven't been reported missing is that they are a dhs kid. Sometimes they aren't reported missing for a couple of weeks.

I hope that's not the case, but you're right though, severely neglected kids parents aren't going to rush reporting them missing. :sigh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back