1130 users online (231 members and 899 guests)  

Websleuths News

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

Unhappy Farmer's Almanac predicts another nasty winter

Farmers' Almanac Predicts Another Nasty Winter

The folks at the Farmers' Almanac can be forgiven for feeling smug: The 198-year-old publication correctly predicted the past nasty winter while federal forecasters blew it. Memories of the polar vortex and relentless snowstorms won't soon be forgotten. And the editors of the publication are predicting more of the same for the coming season.

"Shivery and shovelry are back. We're calling for some frigid conditions, bitter conditions," said managing editor Sandi Duncan...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/weather/...winter-n188101

I love a nasty winter! Sunshine is so overrated. It snows here in Georgia where I live (Savannah area) about once every 20 years or so. Needless to say, it shuts down our city and is a treat for us, at least in my opinion.

Cold. Rain. Snow. Wind. BRING IT!

I hope this means California will get some much needed rain. It's so dry and terrible out here.

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Quote Originally Posted by Crayola View Post
    I love a nasty winter! Sunshine is so overrated. It snows here in Georgia where I live (Savannah area) about once every 20 years or so. Needless to say, it shuts down our city and is a treat for us, at least in my opinion.

Cold. Rain. Snow. Wind. BRING IT!
    I've lived in Michigan my entire life and would never consider living elsewhere, but as much as I love our seasons, you can have some of the nasty weather that's predicted for my neck of the woods. Had enough of it last winter, so you are more than welcome to take as much of the cold, snow, sleet, ice, wind, poetc. as you'd like!