08-25-2014, 11:33 AM #1
IN - Skyler Spore, 12, dies of CO poisoning, parents charged, 28 June 2014
Skylar Spore was found dead in his home by Syracuse Police on June 28, who reported that two gas-powered generators had been running after the house had lost power. The Kosciusko County Prosecutor's Office says forensic investigation revealed that Spore had died from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning, after firefighters responding to the scene reported the home was filled with carbon monoxide fumes.
Prosecutors have charged Skylar Spore's parents, Darrick Spore and Candy Chamness, alleging that they knowingly or intentionally placed their son in a situation that endangered his life. Both are charged with felony counts of Neglect of a Dependent and Reckless Homicide.
According to court documents released this morning by the Kosciusko County Prosecutor's Office, blood tests showed Darrick Spore and Candy Chamness were under the influence of methamphetamine and marijuana at the time of their child’s death.
Police were originally called to the home on reports that they were manufacturing meth and had two generators running inside the home, according to the documents. Officers and EMS personnel found the home filled with carbon monoxide and 12-year-old Skyler Spore lying dead on the floor of an upstairs bedroom. The documents indicate he had been lying there for several hours.
Last edited by OkieGranny; 08-13-2015 at 02:30 PM.
08-25-2014, 01:05 PM #2
Money for meth and pot, but none for the electric bill.
and he has an 11 yo brotherSay what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.
08-25-2014, 02:41 PM #3Registered User
- Join Date
- Oct 2013
Oh no, how tragic! With parents like that, he didn't really stand a chance. Poor little man...
08-28-2014, 12:10 AM #4
grrrrr...What pieces of crap!! RIP Skylar
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk~~~my opinion only~~~
08-13-2015, 02:29 PM #5
From January 2015:
“This is a day I have not been looking for,” stated Kosciusko Circuit Court Judge Michael Reed this morning when he handed down the sentence to Candy S. Chamness and Derrick W. Spore, both of Syracuse, on a charge of reckless homicide...
Both were sentenced pursuant to the plea agreements — no more than a four-year sentence... Both will serve two years in the Kosciusko County Jail, with the courts having no objections to work release, and two years on formal probation.
08-14-2015, 11:22 AM #6
I think the sentence should be longer and include rehab boot camp before they get any work release."If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
- John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany
Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.
By Lovejac in forum Recently Sentenced and BeyondReplies: 4Last Post: 03-25-2014, 12:12 PM
By MorenoI in forum Recently Sentenced and BeyondReplies: 1Last Post: 04-26-2011, 04:28 PM
By Angel4u2Whisper2 in forum Recently Sentenced and BeyondReplies: 84Last Post: 12-07-2010, 05:50 AM