1063 users online (214 members and 849 guests)  

Websleuths News

88 year old woman attacked by racoon she mistook for her cat

'An 88-year-old Hamden (CT) woman who opened her sliding door to let in her cat was attacked when the animal she was petting turned out to be a raccoon.'

The lady hadn't realized the raccoon had followed her cat inside and as she bent down to stroke it, the creature attacked and bit her several times.

"She's a tough old bird," said the victim's son, Malcolm McKernan. "She fought it off and was able to call on the phone. That's pretty remarkable."

When police arrived, the raccoon attacked the officers too, and had to be killed. The lady is home from hospital and doing okay now.

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/l...#ixzz3BUECwYTe
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

I am glad she is OK. I love that eyeglass commercial where the lady opens the sliding door and calls her kitty and the raccoon comes in. lol
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

I am glad she is alright too, I have to feel sorry for the poor raccoon, it is a wild animal...I mean it was a wild animal....and wild animals do not understand our way of life.
    The elderly lady was obviously a very kind lady who loved animals, and luckily she was not badly injured....

If it attacked the officers too, I'd be wondering about rabies.
    I hope they test it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xara View Post
    If it attacked the officers too, I'd be wondering about rabies.
    I hope they test it.
    Yes! I hope they tested it for Rabies!! I did not think about rabies! The raccoon bit the elderly lady a several times before attacking the Police officers.

Yes, I have always related to that commercial where the woman thinks it is her cat coming in. Without my glasses I am fairly blind. One dark evening I opened the sliding door and let my cat in. Next thing I knew, my cat was "playing with" a live mouse on my living room floor. Yikes! It must have been in her mouth when she came in.

The mouse ran and hid under the recliner. The cat crouched and maintained her watch. I went upstairs to bed, firmly shutting the bedroom door. The next morning I came down and there was the mouse, dead, laying at the middle of the living room floor. I guess kitty was proud of herself and wanted to show it off.

My mom was attacked by a house cat, one day while hanging out clothes. This was in the 60's. The cat had Rabies, and Mom had to take those painful shots. It's uncommon for a raccoon to come inside, especially following a cat? I hope they checked also.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!