OR - 4 yr old found dead in lake, LE search for missing family

zwiebel

Reaction score
In Gaston, Oregon, an unidentified 4 year old boy has been found floating in the water at Henry Hagg lake and Washington County LE are searching for his missing family members.

'Searchers who fear there are more victims are looking for family members of a child who apparently drowned during a day at the beach along a reservoir west of Portland.'

'Fire officials said they found a beach towel, a cooler, shoes and other personal items Monday after they tried to resuscitate the child, who was about 4 years old.'

They also found a dog on a leash, which is now being cared for, and a vehicle in the parking lot. They say there were obvious signs that a picnic had been taking place on the beach.

http://www.heraldandnews.com/news/o...62c-5361-52ab-9715-e625c2ae8785.html?mode=jqm

They are looking for 2 adults and another child. I wonder how they know that.

They are looking for 2 adults and another child. I wonder how they know that.

They did find an abandoned car and earlier were searching for the owner. Perhaps that is the 2 adults and another child?

'Less than a day after a young boy apparently drowned, divers pulled three more bodies from Henry Hagg Lake.'

The bodies were found not far from shore where the boy was found around 6:30 p.m. Monday....The four family members were identified as Jova Ixtacua-Castano, 42; Gabriela Garcia-Ixtacua, 25; Michael Garcia-Ixtacua, 13; and 3-year-old Jeremy Scholl.'

What an absolute tragedy. :(

http://koin.com/2014/08/25/henry-hagg-lake-drowning-08252014/

very sad, My heart goes out to their family.

How does a family survive this tragedy? RIP all..... :(

I am asking how on earth it can happen also, my only opinion is one got in trouble and another tried to help but winded up in trouble also, then it snowballed. Can't really figure it out.

wow, this is so terribly sad... I can't imagine how it happened and am not sure I want to. one of those that leaves you speechless....

I'm guessing the 4-year-old was in the water drowning, and the others all jumped in to save him, but apparently none of them could swim well enough. The article said the boy didn't have a life vest one, although there was one nearby. Tragedy for all involved...

This breaks my heart, but doesn't surprise me. Before I was born my family lost three siblings(along with two military servicemen unrelated to us) to a strong current in our small town river in shallow water during a family picnic.

Wanted to add: in our case the family members were 10, 16 and 23.

Not buying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

why Linda?

IMO people that can't swim, are typically petrified of water or at a minimum hyper vigilant for the safety of others...like their non-swimming children.
I can't imagine not using water safety devices...why even go there to swim in the first place?
I simply don't believe all of them accidentally drowned in some snowball like tragedy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back