754 users online (113 members and 641 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Canada - Girl 8-10 yrs Summer 1992-1995, BC Located & Deceased Blond

Around the same time that Mindy Tran went missing there was a little girl whose father had been helping a man fix his car (at the father's residence). They had been working on the vehicle most of the day, the man who owned the vehicle took his vehicle for a 'test run' and was to return in time for dinner.
    The owner of the vehicle took the little girl with him and failed to return.
    Her body was found about a week later.

She was very pretty blond girl aged 8 - 10 IIRC and the news items of her being found coincided with Labor Day which is how this memory was triggered for me.

Cannot find it CBC News archives etc.

this event did not occur on Vancouver Island or the Lower Mainland -- but it was in BC

I cannot recall for the life of me if the perp just vanished or if he committed suicide or if justice ever prevailed.
    I have been unsuccessful in my attempts to find the name of the victim etc.

TIA
    Any help would really be appreciated.
    I want to follow up on this one to put my mind at rest that the perp was caught and served some time.
    Last edited by newone; 08-26-2014 at 03:49 PM. Reason: clairfying location
    Just My Opinion

Newone, I moved your thread to Cold Cases because you said the body was found, but it appears the death is unsolved. Any input from members who are familiar with this case will be greatly appreciated. A name, precise location, details of the circumstances -- any of those details will all help us to gather the proper information.

Thanks.

Bessie

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Thanks Bessie!

When her body was found, it was front page news (Vancouver Sun & Province and all tv media). I never did hear what happened to the ''alleged'' abductor.

If we could get her name it would be so much easier.
    Last edited by newone; 08-27-2014 at 12:31 AM.
    Just My Opinion

Am Bumping this because it was exactly this time of year 20 yrs ago that a lovely young girl was taken by a friend of her father's for a ride in his vehicle and never returned. That's the part that is etched in my mind. Her body was found at the start of the school year - positively identified.

I never heard anything further on the case that I can recall.

The story was big news on the west coast -- so am hoping that Western WS'rs - PNW US and Canada will recall this and see if it jogs the memory.

Looking for a victims name -- not sure if this is a classic case of protection of perp by publication ban once again or not.

TIA
    Just My Opinion

Hi newone. You sparked my interest in this and now i want an answer aswell!! Ive searched high and low online but cant find a thing!!!

What will be, will be.
    Fence Sitter

Quote Originally Posted by newone View Post
    Am Bumping this because it was exactly this time of year 20 yrs ago that a lovely young girl was taken by a friend of her father's for a ride in his vehicle and never returned. That's the part that is etched in my mind. Her body was found at the start of the school year - positively identified.

I never heard anything further on the case that I can recall.

The story was big news on the west coast -- so am hoping that Western WS'rs - PNW US and Canada will recall this and see if it jogs the memory.

Looking for a victims name -- not sure if this is a classic case of protection of perp by publication ban once again or not.

TIA
    You could maybe find some answers here:
    http://transfixed.net/
    or
    http://www.mindytran.com/
    or check this guy out
    http://injusticebusters.org/04/Murrin_Shannon.shtml

I am fascinated with the Mindy Tran case and any similar crimes that happened when Shannon Muir was in the vicinity.