LA LA - Caddo Parish, BlkFem 10-14, UP2784, skull found @ Coroner's office, Sep'07

SilentSleuth

Despite the name, I like to talk!
Reaction score
NCMU1184275c1.jpg

Date Found: Sep 11, 2007
Location Found: Caddo, LA
Estimated Age: 10-14
Sex: Female
Race:Black
Hair Color:Unknown
Eye Color:Unknown
The skull of an unidentified black female was found at a Coroner’s Office in Louisiana during 2007. It is undetermined where and when the remains were initially discovered by authorities. The female is estimated to be 10-14 years old. Her hair color, height, and weight cannot be determined. The image above is a facial reconstruction completed by a Forensic Artist with LSU FACES Lab and depicts what this female possibly looked like in life.

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMU/1184275/1#poster

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/2784

I'm finding nothing on this girl besides her Namus and her NCMEC. :gaah:

The rule out right now are:
Constance Anderson 1986 Louisiana
Willie Conyers 1910 North Carolina
Cleashindra Hall 1976 Arkansas

I was looking through the LSU FACES lab and I discovered this case, which I believe has not been listed on Websleuths before.

The Doe Network: 1213UFLA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unidentified Female
  • Date of Discovery: September 11, 2007
  • Location of Discovery: Caddo Parish, Louisiana
  • Estimated Date of Death: 5 years prior
  • State of Remains: Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton
  • Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
** Listed information is approximate

• Estimated Age: 10-14 years old
  • Race: Black
  • Height: Unknown
  • Weight: Unknown
  • Hair Color: Unknown
  • Eye Color: Unknown

• Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

• Dentals: Available.
  • Fingerprints: Not available.
  • DNA: Available.
Clothing & Personal Items
  • Clothing: Unknown

• Jewelry: Unknown

• Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Case History
Unknown circumstances with no case information available. This case may not be from Caddo Parish, Louisiana.

http://identifyla.lsu.edu/profile.php?id=424

Date found: 2007-09-11
PMI: 5 years to 15 or more years
Est. age at death: 10 to 14
Sex: female
Race: Black
Dental Records: Available
DNA Records: Available
FACES Case #: 07-42

Additional details
Unknown

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The case details are so incredibly vague. My main question is how are they not even sure the case was from Caddo Parish? Poor record keeping? I'm surprised by the vagueness because I didn't expect a case from 2007 to have so few details. Also, the PMI is 5-15+ years according to LSU FACES, which is probably one of the largest PMIs I've ever seen. At least there's something to go off of: a good-quality reconstruction.

I sure hope DNA is available for this case. As for the little bit of information it could be a lost paper file or software failure with no way to recover the info.

Fortunately, DNA is available, as well as dentals. That explanation would make sense, a lost file or something along those lines is definitely not unheard of and would explain the little info available on such aspects as the location discovered.

With how long the postmortem interval is, it makes me wonder where the body was discovered. A home, thick forest/brush? If only we had more info...

Looking for potential matches from S Arkansas, E Texas, and North/North-central Louisiana, I found 2 potential matches, although the angle of the photos makes it a bit hard for me to determine just how much the jawline resembles that of the UID.

Lakeisha Buckner -

Renata Whitehead -

If they reconstructed the chin perfectly, I would lean more towards Lakiesha.
IMO Renata has a more defined angle that I'm seeing. I will attempt side by's:

1213UFLA_LARGE.jpg Lakiesha Trenail Buckner 16Y Blk Fem.jpg
1213UFLA_LARGE.jpg Renata Shariss 14Y Blk Fem.jpg

If they reconstructed the chin perfectly, I would lean more towards Lakiesha.
IMO Renata has a more defined angle that I'm seeing. I will attempt side by's:

View attachment 173249 View attachment 173251
View attachment 173252 View attachment 173253

Yeah, Renata's jawline does seem more defined when you look at a side view. For lack of better words, it looks like the lowest part of the jawline has a smaller "plateau." I was curious about it, though, because the age progression shown on Charley Project, NamUS, etc. shows a similar jawline to the Jane Doe, although I am not sure if this would be representative of her jawline at the age she went missing.

I can't believe I forgot to look at the rule-outs list on NamUs! I guess I forgot to sign-in, that happens a lot. Lakeisha Buckner has been ruled out, but Renata Whitehead has not.

Original

1 image; 7 exclusions.

With absolutely nothing to go in terms of descriptors except approximations of age, race, and timeframe, here are a few potential matches.

Original

Missing Person / NamUs #MP6768
Elyssa Marie Vasquez, Female, Other

Date of Last Contact. January 28, 2003
Missing From. Doraville, Georgia
Missing Age. 12 Years

Circumstances of Disappearance
Elyssa was last seen, when she was 12 years old, at school on January 28, 2003. Elyssa has pierced ears and a round scar near her right shoulder. She is Biracial. Elyssa is Black and Hispanic. Her nicknames are Lisa and Lee Lee.
#

Original

Missing Person / NamUs #MP4230
Renata Shariss... Whitehead, Female, Black / African American

Date of Last Contact June 8, 1996
Missing From. Jonesville, Louisiana
Missing Age. 14 years

Last seen getting into father's vehicle in Jonesville, LA
#

Original

Missing Person / NamUs #MP6370
Celina Janette Mays, Female, Black / African American

Date of Last Contact. December 16, 1996
Missing From. Willingboro, New Jersey
Missing Age. 12 Years

Celina's photo is shown age-progressed to 19 years. She was 9 months pregnant at the time of her disappearance. It is believed she has given birth and may be in need of medical assistance. Celina's eyebrows grow together.
#

Original

Missing Person / NamUs #MP6239
Lakisha Danielle Jones, Female, Black / African American

Date of Last Contact. December 15, 1999
Missing From. Nashville, Tennessee
Missing Age. 15 Years

Lakisha may be in the Nashville or Memphis, Tennessee areas. She has a scar under her left eye and a tattoo of "C47" on her right thigh. Lakisha was last seen wearing a black shirt, green pants, a black jacket, and black shoes.

More potential matches.

No photo or exclusions.

Missing Person / NamUs #MP42021
Magdalena Riquious, Female, Other

Date of Last Contact. September 13, 2003
Missing From Pooler, Georgia
Missing Age 15 Years
Circumstances of Disappearance-
-

Other distinctive physical characteristic

subject does not speak any English and is Hispanic
#

Original

Missing Person / NamUs #MP6406
Stefanie C. Mills, Female, Black / African American
Date of Last Contact. March 7, 2002
Missing From. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Missing Age. 16 Years

Stefanie may travel to the Colorado Springs, Colorado area. She has pierced ears and a scar on her right forearm. Her nickname is Stef.
#

Original

Missing Person / NamUs #MP4238
Bethany Leanne Markowski, Female, White / Caucasian

Date of Last Contact. March 4, 2001
Missing From. Jackson, Tennessee
Missing Age. 11 Years

Bethany was last seen on March 4, 2001. She may have been traveling from Little Rock, Arkansas with a destination of Waverly, Tennessee.
#

Original

Missing Person / NamUs #MP5811
Laura Ayala, Female, Multiple

Date of Last Contact. March 10, 2002
Missing From. Houston, Texas
Missing Age 13 Years

Laura left her apartment building to walk to the local gas station to purchase a newspaper. She was observed by the clerk. She never arrived back home.

#

Original

Missing Person / NamUs #MP5793
Reyna Gabriella Alvarado-Carrera, Female, Hispanic / Latino

Date of Last Contact. May 6, 2005
Missing From. Norcross, Georgia
Missing Age. 13 Years

Reyna was last seen on May 6, 2005 at her home in Norcross, Georgia. She may be in the company of an adult male. They may still be in the local area, or they may have traveled to Phoenix, Arizona, Los Angeles, California or Mexico. Reyna's nickname is Gaby.

#

Original

Missing Person / NamUs #MP6250
Yansis Massiel Juarez, Female, Hispanic / Latino
Date of Last Contact. May 5, 2002
Missing From. Miami, Florida
Missing Age. 15 Years

Yansis' profile photo is shown age-progressed to 31 years. Her ears and right eyebrow are pierced. Yansis may use the last name Juarez Rodriguez. She was last seen in Miami on May 5, 2002
#

It looks like there aren't too many noses that look similar to the reconstructions. I find it interesting that much of the route from Norcross, GA, where Reyna was last seen, to Phoenix, AZ, is covered by I-20, which goes through Caddo Parish. The jaw looks a bit weak, though, from the picture supplied. As well as this, the LKA date is 2 years before, which wouldn't match the estimated PMI; I could see the PMI being off though, I'm not sure how they could have determined that the lower end of the PMI was 5 years.

Yansis's jaw looks different from the UID to me, and she's Hispanic. Personally, I doubt it, but who knows. Same with Bethany Markowski (who seemed to be traveling in the opposite direction? Unless she didn't or something happened along the way and she got to LA).

Laura Ayala's jaw and nose look different from the UID to me, the circumstances remind me of someone who likely would have been found in or around Houston. Unless she somehow ran away.

Stefanie Mills's nose has a resemblance to me, but the jaw doesn't look the same to me. Same for Celina Mays.

Not sure about Magdalena Riquious, since there's no pic and it's quite hard to get any other info about the UID so without a pic there's not too much to go off of.

I do think Lakisha Jones has a vague resemblance in the jaw area, but the nose looks a bit different. I wonder if some of LSU FACE's nose estimations are off, though, because some of the reconstructions on their website have very large noses, I've also seen one or two with very small noses so I can't really accurately say. If they are off to an extent, it would make me question the jaw estimation as well.

Elyssa Vazquez's nose and jaw look different to me, but, as before, am starting to wonder about LSU FACE's reconstruction.

All JMO, thank you for suggesting potential matches! It's hard to find potential matches with so little to go off of, it seems.

Could Tara Raymond be a possibility here? She's the right age and fits a PMI of 5-15+ years. Not sure how much she looks like the reconstruction and she went missing from 5+ hours away, but they acknowledge that this unidentified girl could be from outside of where her remains were stored.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Doe Network:
Case File 1348DFLA

TNRaymond.jpg
1213UFLA.jpg

Tara on left, CPJD on right

Taranika Nichelle Raymond
Missing since November 13, 1995 from New Orleans, Orleans Parish, Louisiana
Classification: Endangered Runaway

Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: July 6, 1982
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3" (160 cm); 165 lbs (75 kg)
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Black female. Black hair, brown eyes.
    • Marks, Scars: Both ears pierced. Dimple mark on left side of face.
    • Jewelry: Gold Apple earings with "Tara" written on it. Gold Apple ring with "Tara" written on it. Green medalion ring with "Tara" and "Betty" written on it.
    • DNA: Available

Taranika Raymond was last seen November 13, 1995 at her North Derbigny Street home in New Orleans. According to police, the girl's mother saw her at 22.00, but was unable to find her two hours later.
Although there were no signs of foul play, the possibility has not been ruled out. She may still be in the local area.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

New Orleans Police Department
504-826-1265

Agency Case Number: A3569697

Source Information:
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
Times-Picayune

There doesn't seem to have been much movement on this one on the surface but I see the case was last modified on 9 December, so perhaps they are adding ruleouts (I'm overseas and don't have an account).

There doesn't seem to have been much movement on this one on the surface but I see the case was last modified on 9 December, so perhaps they are adding ruleouts (I'm overseas and don't have an account).

Exclusions:
MP496 Constance Anderson 01/24/2006 De Soto LA
MP2415 Lakiesha Buckner 08/13/1999 Harrison TX
MP3086 Willie Conyers 10/16/1995 Wake NC
MP4024 Thwana Darrough 01/11/1989 Union AR
MP2316 Asha Degree 02/14/2000 Cleveland NC
MP1142 Cleashindra Hall 05/09/1994 Jefferson AR
MP4187 Taranika Raymond 11/10/1995 Orleans cLA
MP4187 Taranika Raymond 11/10/1995 Orleans LA

There was a comment back a bit earlier in the threads
It looks like there aren't too many noses that look similar to the reconstructions.
I know it was an old comment but we also should remember this was a skull; no hair or identifying features so flesh/sinew attachments like noses, ears, fullness of cheeks, placement/length/thickness of eyebrows etc are all guesstimates.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back