CA - John Brooks for sex abuse of 14yo girl, Fresno, 2004

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
John Vincent Brooks, 40, told Judge Gary Orozco in Fresno County Superior Court that he was "very sorry for what happened."

Orozco sentenced Brooks to a year in jail, ordered him to pay a $2,000 fine and put him on four years of probation. If Brooks violates his probation, he could receive five years in prison, Orozco said.

Brooks was charged in January 2004 with 20 felony counts, including statutory rape, oral copulation and lewd and lascivious acts with a minor.

In May this year, Brooks pleaded no contest to three felony counts of statutory rape after prosecutor Jeff Bird hammered out a plea agreement with Brooks' lawyer, Ernest Kinney. The remaining 17 felony charges were dismissed, court records show.

The agreement said Brooks would not register as a sex offender or go to prison, unless he violated terms of his probation, Kinney said.

http://www.fresnobee.com/local/story/10776388p-11554383c.html

:furious:
This guy got of way to easily!!!!!!!!!

The agreement said Brooks would not register as a sex offender or go to prison, unless he violated terms of his probation, Kinney said.

Fresno police reports say part of Brooks' job at CPS was to drive the victim from the group home to a prison in Chowchilla, so she could visit her incarcerated mother.

Brooks first met the girl when she was 10 years old. He started having sex with her when she was 14 years old, the reports said.

Court records alleged that Brooks gave the girl an incurable sexually transmitted disease. "This man is a sexual predator," said Dee Dee Kayajanian, who spoke on behalf of the victim.

Brooks also threatened the girl, saying he had connections in the prison system and her mother would get hurt if the victim didn't have sex with him, Kayajanian said.

SO who's looking after the vulnerable kids??????????????????

http://www.fresnobee.com/local/stor...-11554383c.html

mysteriew said:
Obiviously not the CPS or the courts!

and now we can add DCFS as well (from another you posted mysteriew)....

A judge found the state Department of Children & Families in contempt of court for failing to diagnose and treat an 8-year-old boy who appears to be autistic

"Undoubtedly, had a parent acted in such a lackadaisical fashion in procuring testing and treatment, the department would have, and should have, moved for the removal of the child from the parents, citing medical neglect," Venzer said.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/4659173/detail.html

~aussieblue

mysteriew said:
Obiviously not the CPS or the courts!
This should not have happened. This worker should have been screened out in the hiring process. This child should have been protected by CPS and the courts.

I am so sad about this child's suffering.

This is in no way representative of the people I work with who are dedicated, diligent and kind.

Unfortunately, sexual perverts can be members of any profession. A job with CPS would ensure that the predator would be in daily contact with the most vulnerable children in our society. What I absolutely do not understand is the court imposing such a light sentence.:furious: That is totally unacceptable!

Justiceseeker said:
Unfortunately, sexual perverts can be members of any profession. A job with CPS would ensure that the predator would be in daily contact with the most vulnerable children in our society. What I absolutely do not understand is the court imposing such a light sentence.:furious: That is totally unacceptable!
One of my co-workers just wrote a letter to the editor of our local paper. He outlined the massive amount of time a few burglars got in prison for STEALING THINGS with a child abuser who got off on a light sentence having "STOLEN THE INNOCENCE OF A CHILD.

dakini said:
One of my co-workers just wrote a letter to the editor of our local paper. He outlined the massive amount of time a few burglars got in prison for STEALING THINGS with a child abuser who got off on a light sentence having "STOLEN THE INNOCENCE OF A CHILD.

dakini, I don't want to get too personal, but did this happen in your city?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back