707 users online (100 members and 607 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

WA - Kirsten Proffit, 44, Vashon Island, 25 Aug 2014

http://www.vashonbeachcomber.com/news/272794741.html

Kirsten Proffit was last seen Monday on Vashon, according to DB Gates, a sheriff's office spokeswoman.

Proffit is approximately 5 feet, 6 inches, and 200 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. She may have her dog with her, a Shiba Inu that is reddish-fawn in color.
    Kristen's FB: https://www.facebook.com/kirsten.proffit

FB missing page: https://www.facebook.com/helpfindkirsten

Per the FB page, Kristen was last seen around noon yesterday, and her white 1997 Toyota minivan with tinted windows and blue interior is also missing. One window has yellow duct tape on it.

From her FB, she seems to have a busy and happy life. I think two sons. I don't think we have any info yet for clues. I think that pic of her is an older one. IMO
    Last edited by sophiebelle; 08-26-2014 at 09:30 PM. Reason: adding

$900 bank withdrawal shopping trip to Lowes and what is QFC?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonia View Post
    "Quality Food Centers is a supermarket chain based in Bellevue, Washington, with 64 stores in the Puget Sound region of Washington state and in the Portland, Oregon metropolitan area."

according to wikipedia

I know I can't link to it, but someone on FB happened to mention that Kirsten and her husband are in the process of divorcing. You can see the court record by searching her name here: http://dw.courts.wa.gov/?fa=home.namesearchTerms

I believe they've been married over 20 years, based on Kirsten's own comment on Facebook about celebrating their 18th anniversary in 2011.

missing Facebook page mentions that a few people received texts from Kirsten about the last known time she was seen... I would hope that at least one of these folks would give a hint as to it's content.

And someone also said she was going camping.

There is only one way on and off Vashon. By boat. It is a short ferry ride to Port Orchard, Tacoma, or south Seattle. There are cameras at the terminals, to some extent. But cars are allowed on and there is no searching of vehicles.
    Just as a reference.

Wha?! Someone disappeared on Vashon?

Yes, the only way off the island is via ferry or private boat. If she left the island on her own accord with her car, it should be on tape. There is no Lowes on Vashon, so I wonder which one she was at. Her missing page is all over the place. There isn't even a picture of her or the car.

I hope she really did head off camping, as is being specualted. . . but $900 at Lowes for camping supplies seems a bit much! I wish we knew if it was actually her using her debit card.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.--Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by hambirg View Post
    Wha?! Someone disappeared on Vashon?

Yes, the only way off the island is via ferry or private boat. If she left the island on her own accord with her car, it should be on tape. There is no Lowes on Vashon, so I wonder which one she was at. Her missing page is all over the place. There isn't even a picture of her or the car.

I hope she really did head off camping, as is being specualted. . . but $900 at Lowes for camping supplies seems a bit much! I wish we knew if it was actually her using her debit card.
    bbm: I know Lowe's like the back of my hand. They sell flashlights, tarps, generators, shovels, and saws, but not tents, sleeping bags, backpacks, camp stoves etc. So who bought what at Lowe's I wonder? CCTV should provide clarity.

I found a live web cam of Vashon island ferry. I dont know about recorded images .

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/vess...eraDetail.aspx

WA - Kristen Proffit, 44, Vashon Island, 25 August 2014

Quote Originally Posted by momrids6 View Post
    bbm: I know Lowe's like the back of my hand. They sell flashlights, tarps, generators, shovels, and saws, but not tents, sleeping bags, backpacks, camp stoves etc. So who bought what at Lowe's I wonder? CCTV should provide clarity.

Maybe a pop up 10x10 portable shade like they use at crime scenes? With a couple of tarps on the side it would make a nice size shelter. But why would she want to do that? I wonder if anyone else she knows has time unaccounted for or is "out of town".
    Last edited by TGIRecovered; 08-27-2014 at 08:00 AM.

Lowes also has plants and trees, cleaning supplies, mowers, and any other thing you may want. They have snacks around the register, but not groceries. My Lowes doesn't have sleeping bags, but they have tents like for a party.

The fact that she dropped her dog off with a friend and told the friend she was taking some alone time, and told another she was going camping, I think it's very likely she's in a cabin somewhere having some "me" time. It might have been nicer had she been more specific with her plans so at least one best friend knew how to contact her, but since she's an adult she does have the right to come and go.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonia View Post
    Is that a $900 cash withdrawal, PLUS a shopping trip to Lowes and QFC? Or did she spend $900 at Lowes and the food store?
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast