1196 users online (253 members and 943 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

9 year old girl accidentally shoots, kills instructor with Uzi in Arizona

A nine-year-old has accidentally shot her shooting instructor in the head with an Uzi in Dolan Springs, Arizona. 39-year-old Charles Vacca died Monday.

'According to investigators, Vacca was standing next to the girl while he was instructing her how to use an automatic Uzi when the accident happened. Authorities say the girl pulled the trigger and the recoil sent the gun over her head and the victim was shot.'

'Mohave County Sheriff's officials released a video clip of Vacca moments before he was accidentally shot by the 9-year-old girl he was teaching'

The girl's parents were with her at the shooting range.

http://www.myfoxla.com/story/2636846...tor-in-arizona
    Attached Images Attached Images
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

The video released by LE shows the moments before the shooting, not the actual shooting, by the way.

We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

Because a nine year old handling an Uzi makes perfect sense. Smh. Dang sad all around

^ I know Hejlena, my thoughts exactly. WTH?

Why in God's name would her parents allow her to shoot an Uzi.....and why the hell were they filming it? For what purpose? Idiot parents have severely damaged this child for life. WTF.

I am a hunter and use guns, I in no way would let my 9 year old grandsone use an Uzi. I just approved a pump bb gun for christmas. I also feel sorry for this child. She has to live with a bad decision her parents made for the rest of her life. Sad story all the way around.

I believe there was another child a boy about 11 that shot himself in the head with an uzi of some type.This happened in front of his parents and the instructor may have been 16.I think I read it on Websleuths a couple years ago.
    This poor child will have to live with this.I have been considering going to a gun range but am nervous.There has been cases of people commiting suicide at gun ranges also.

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebel View Post
    A nine-year-old has accidentally shot her shooting instructor in the head with an Uzi in Dolan Springs, Arizona. 39-year-old Charles Vacca died Monday.

'According to investigators, Vacca was standing next to the girl while he was instructing her how to use an automatic Uzi when the accident happened. Authorities say the girl pulled the trigger and the recoil sent the gun over her head and the victim was shot.'

'Mohave County Sheriff's officials released a video clip of Vacca moments before he was accidentally shot by the 9-year-old girl he was teaching'

The girl's parents were with her at the shooting range.

Poor girl and poor man. Horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by cuffem View Post
    I believe there was another child a boy about 11 that shot himself in the head with an uzi of some type.This happened in front of his parents and the instructor may have been 16.I think I read it on Websleuths a couple years ago.
    This poor child will have to live with this.I have been considering going to a gun range but am nervous.There has been cases of people commiting suicide at gun ranges also.
    Yup. He was an 8 year old. Also an Uzi. This firm the child wasn't shot. The teen instructor stated he urged the father twice to pick a different weapon for his son but the dad refused.

It it seems people would know by now that the recoil is too much for a child to handle.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/father-chri...ry?id=12565132
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

Quote Originally Posted by cuffem View Post
    My dad had the pleasure of going in to check on one who had disappeared from sight of the surveillance camera. I won't go on.
    Thank goodness for crime scene clean up crews!!!
    They were closed for 3 days.

All posts are MOO
    ~ my opinion only

What an idiotic decision those parents made. I hate to bash parents that are in pain, but seriously? That little girl is going to go through so much heartache over this. Not to mention the instructors family.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

I am furious!!! That poor child Why on EARTH did she have one one those weapons in her hands. The RAGE!!!!!!!!!

*deep breaths*

I make no apologies for 'bashing' the parents! WTFF?!?! Arghhhhhh!!!

I understand teaching children about guns... and that's a parental choice.
    I made a different parental choice, much to my father's dismay... but don't judge others for theirs.

However, can someone explain to me why there is any need for a 9 year old to learn how to use an Uzi?

There are zero good reasons for a child to have their hands on that weapon.

This doesn't make sense.

That girl should have been shooting a water gun at a clowns mouth to blow up the balloon on his head.
    ~ shine on you crAzy diamond ~ Pink Floyd, Wish You Were Here

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast