541 users online (76 members and 465 guests)  

Websleuths News

'Cops' crew member killed in Omaha police shooting

Police officers who opened fire while disrupting a robbery at a fast-food restaurant in Omaha killed a crew member with the TV show "Cops" as well as the suspect, who was armed with a pellet gun that they thought was a real handgun, authorities said Wednesday...

The suspect was struck by the officers' gunfire, but fled outside of the restaurant before collapsing. Officers continued firing on the suspect as he exited the restaurant, and that was when the "Cops" crew member, 38-year-old Bryce Dion, was also struck, said Schamaderer. Dion was wearing a bullet-proof vest, but a single bullet that hit his arm "slipped into a gap in the vest" and entered his chest, Schmaderer said.

"My concern with my officers is that they are taking this very hard," Schmaderer said. "Bryce was their friend."

I didn't realize Cops was still on the air.
    I am also amazed this hasn't happened sooner.
    After the incidents with the other shows (The First 48) it amazing Cops made it so long with no deaths.

What happened on The First 48?

Here you go Lizzybeth.....

"Watch: 'First 48' video shows police raid that led to Aiyana Stanley-Jones' death"

"Cop Charged in Death During 'The First 48' Filming"