Joan Rivers 'stopped breathing' in surgery

Prayers for Joans full recovery!

Oh, it sounds really serious from that article. Her daughter's on the way to NY, and it's not known if doctors were able to restart her breathing.....

Thoughts and prayers to her and her family. Seems like she and her daughter Melissa are incredibly close. I know I would be a wreck without my mom.

Heal quickly, Joan!

Joan Rivers rushed to hospital

By Lisa Respers France, CNN

updated 1:07 PM EDT, Thu August 28, 2014

(CNN) -- Joan Rivers was rushed to the hospital Thursday morning after she stopped breathing, a source confirmed to CNN.

A law enforcement official told CNN the comedienne stopped breathing during throat surgery. Rivers, 81, was then rushed in critical condition to Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/28/showb...joan-rivers-hospitalized/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Prayers for Joan. I hope she recovers and does well.

This is one of the risks of surgery in a "clinic". If you stop breathing or have cardiac arrest and need to be transported to the hospital, you risk brain damage along the way. I hope Joan is OK

This is one of the risks of surgery in a "clinic". If you stop breathing or have cardiac arrest and need to be transported to the hospital, you risk brain damage along the way. I hope Joan is OK

This is what I have been worrying about all day, but was afraid to put into words.
I thought the quote that she was stable but not conscious sounded rather dubious.
Like maybe they were just waiting for Melissa for instructions.

Please, please let her be okay.

Joan Rivers in Hospital Following Throat Surgery Complications, Condition Remains Critical

Corinne Heller, eonline
35 minutes ago

UPDATE: The hospital that has admitted Joan Rivers following her health scare has released the following statement:

"This morning, Joan Rivers was taken to The Mount Sinai Hospital in New York, where she is being attended to," said hospital rep Sid Dinsay. "Her family wants to thank everybody for their outpouring of love and support. We will provide an update on her condition as it becomes available." ...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment-eonline/20140828/b574134/

Especially in her age. That surgery should have been done in a hospital to begin with, because of her age.

Joan Rivers Hospitalized: Daughter Melissa Rivers Says Iconic Comedian Is "Resting Comfortably," Surrounded by Family

Natalie Finn, eonline
6 hours ago

The legendary comedian and host of E!'s Fashion Police was hospitalized this morning in critical condition, having suffered complications while undergoing what was characterized as a minor non-surgical procedure.

"I want to thank everyone for the overwhelming love and support for my mother," daughter Melissa Rivers said in a statement upon arriving in New York to be with her mother. "She is resting comfortably and is with our family. We ask that you continue to keep her in your thoughts and prayers." ...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment-eonline/20140829/b574383/

Brilliant comedienne, warm hearted woman, and a fireball of energy and wit. My prayers are with Joan, Melissa and family as they travel together down this unknown road.

Best-
Herding Cats

Brilliant comedienne, warm hearted woman, and a fireball of energy and wit. My prayers are with Joan, Melissa and family as they travel together down this unknown road.

Best-
Herding Cats

I know there are people who do not like Joan Rivers and I understand that. I met her one time at one of her shows. She had K. C. & The Sunshine Band as her warm up band. It was a dinner show and I simply had to get up and go to the Ladies Room. Of course she said, "Hey! Hey! Where are you going? The show is not over! What is your name anyway?" It went on for several minutes and I was mortified but went along with it.

After the show, one of the backstage people came over to me with an absolutely gorgeous live flower arrangement and told me Ms. Rivers wanted me to have it. It was nicer than the centerpieces on the tables.

Joan Rivers can be crude and even seemingly rude, but she has been a very hardworking as well as nice person, IMO. Maybe I'm a little twisted (LOL), but I think she's really funny.

I'm so afraid she has suffered brain damage and afraid she is on a ventilator that the family will have to decide whether or not to turn off.

MOO

Joan Rivers performed stand up less than 12 hours before being placed in medically induced coma after 81-year-old stopped breathing during routine surgery

The 81-year-old was having surgery on her vocal cords at a clinic in Manhattan when she suddenly stopped breathing during the procedure

She was rushed to Mount Sinai hospital, where she is now in stable condition after doctors fought to save her life

Someone called 911 at 9:39 a.m. New York time, telling the dispatcher, 'We have somebody in either cardiac or respiratory arrest'

The star's daughter Melissa is now at her mother's side in New York

Performed stand up routine in Manhattan the evening before surgery...

By MailOnline Reporter and James Nye for MailOnline

Published: 10:03 EST, 28 August 2014 | Updated: 02:43 EST, 29 August 2014

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-breathing-throat-surgery.html#ixzz3Bni0I0A0

In June I had my chemo port out at a free standing clinic and, even though it was 2 blocks from the hospital, it was a bit nerve wracking. When I was doing pre-op, I thought it was weird that the janitor was coming in the room; turns out it was the anesthetist. Especially at her age, Joan should have been in a hospital. I think The Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Institute is the best; I was there back in the 80s and loved the place, as well as the doctor, and it is connected to Lenox Hill Hospital.

I love Joan and hope she will be ok. I was afraid to read this morning that she had passed but I am glad she is still with us on this side.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back