GA - toddler found behind dumpster: police looking for parents

amymarie

Reaction score
http://m.wsbtv.com/news/news/homeless-man-finds-baby-behind-college-park-gas-st/nhBNY/

"Police said the child, believed to be between 1 and 2 years old, was found only with a bag of plastic diapers and a pair of shorts.

Police identified the child’s mother as 27-year-old Destiny Walker. They said her current location is unknown but that she is known to frequent the area where the boy was found.

They did not release the name of the father, saying they still did not know his name or whereabouts.

They said surveillance footage showed a male in the parking lot with the child at about 5:30 a.m. Thursday."

I am reserving judgement until I find out whether or not the parents are safe or not.

11Alive News ‏@11AliveNews 44s
RT @krowson11alive Mother would not answer why her son was found behind a dumpster by homeless man. Maybe she'll tell police #11Alive...
https://twitter.com/11AliveNews

Wow, if her story is true I hope she doesn't end up in trouble. In all fairness, it did take courage to turn herself in knowing she would face a lot of scrutiny and charges. I wonder if police have talked to dad?

http://m.wsbtv.com/news/news/police-seek-man-who-left-child-behind-dumpsters-co/nhCGb/

Mom left the child with her boyfriend (dad of child?), who then left the child with a babysitter. Not sure if this is confirmed, though, because they are searching for the boyfriend. But the video states they think the babysitter may have left the boy because he/she was unable or unwilling to keep caring for the boy. They say babysitter, but I think they may actually mean the boyfriend because they said the boy was left for around two hours - he was last seen with the boyfriend at that store around 4:30 am and was found at 6:30 am. So I think they just threw in the whole babysitter story to make the boyfriend think he's not in trouble. But when you read between the lines, it seems as though he was the one who left him. I think he's about to get dumped! He's lucky that little boy is okay!

And the poor mom - I can't imagine finding out at work that your kid was found abandoned.

They also stated they have not confirmed that a homeless man found him and that they can't get ahold of the teen girl who made the 911 call (the number she gave is not working). So it's possible the teen is the babysitter and she called 911 because she couldn't watch him any more? So confusing.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/l...d-found-dumpster-college-park-story/14832495/

"We have not found any evidence that leads us to believe that the child was actually left at a dumpster," said Master Sgt. Jeff Hightower. "Nor have we been able to confirm or find any further evidence that there actually was or is a homeless person that found him there."

Police interviewed the boy's mother, Destiny Walker, Thursday afternoon. She told police that she gave the boy to her boyfriend because she went out to look for a job. She also confirmed it was her boyfriend who was seen with the boy on surveillance video from an Exxon gas station on Old National Highway and Godby Road. The video showed the boy walking step-for-step with the boyfriend inside the store and then leaving the store. That was at 4:30 a.m.

Another surveillance video showed the boy following the boyfriend, leaving the gas station parking lot at about 5:30 a.m.

Sometime within the next half hour, the mother told police her boyfriend had to go to work and paid a teenage girl to babysit the child. At 6:00 a.m., that same girl called police.

What a weird story... Does the boyfriend not have any contact information for the teenager he hired to babysit? I don't understand her motivation for doing this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back