1231 users online (273 members and 958 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 80 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1199
  1. #1
    Blue_Dolphin308's Avatar
    Blue_Dolphin308 is offline We can't help everyone, But everyone can help someone!
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Allentown PA
    Posts
    3,397

    MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #13

    The fatal shooting of an unarmed black teenager Saturday by a police officer in a St. Louis suburb came after a struggle for the officer’s gun, police officials said Sunday, in an explanation that met with outrage and skepticism in the largely African-American community.The killing of the youth, Michael Brown, 18, ignited protests on Saturday and Sunday in Ferguson, Mo., a working-class suburb of about 20,000 residents. Hundreds of people gathered at the scene of the shooting to question the police and to light candles for Mr. Brown, who was planning to begin college classes on Monday.
    Mr. Brown’s stepfather, Louis Head, held a cardboard sign that said, “Ferguson police just executed my unarmed son.”

    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/11/us...e-for-gun.html


    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...1#post10861113

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post10867195

    Media Thread


    Thread #1

    Thread #2

    Thread #3

    Thread #4

    Thread #5

    Thread #6

    Thread #7

    Thread #8

    Thread #9

    Thread #10

    Thread #11

    Thread #12
    Last edited by LambChop; 08-28-2014 at 08:17 PM.
    Be Kind to yourself, you are worth it!

  2. #2


    A couple of things:

    1) We are not going to allow links to blogs in this case without prior approval. And approvals will be tough to get.

    2) Posts directed at other posters rather than the case will earn a TO without explanation. If you have a problem with another member, use the alert feature and scroll on by OR use the ignore feature and keep it to yourself

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    CT/NC
    Posts
    21,160

    Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #13

    Please continue posting here...



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    State of Disbelief. SC
    Posts
    12,075
    So, wonder how long until the FBI authenticates the "you are pretty, you're so fine" recording
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,394
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovejac View Post
    So, wonder how long until the FBI authenticates the "you are pretty, you're so fine" recording
    Don't know about FBI but the chat company has authenticated it and the shots were at 12:02:14

    Which we know is at the approximate exact time of the shooting.

    I say "approximate exact" time because clocks can vary slightly within any system. I think police reports say it happened at 12:01???

    Anyway, that came out today if you weren't aware. I tried to read every post, but eventually just jumped ahead. If you have seen this information, I apologize.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    46,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovejac View Post
    So, wonder how long until the FBI authenticates the "you are pretty, you're so fine" recording
    I think it is pretty well authenticated now because of the GLIDING people saying it was originally stamped at the exact time of the shooting.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,906
    Geesh...I had a hard time finding my way here! There no link or closed sign on the old thread...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    867
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    Geesh...I had a hard time finding my way here! There no link or closed sign on the old thread...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I thought there was a link on the second to last page, I could be wrong. A lot of us kept blabbing after that on the old thread, though.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    House of Perpetual Commotion
    Posts
    1,096
    Copied from Last Thread: From Dana

    Just makes me wonder if this is a normal day for MB and thinks nothing of walking into a store, taking what he wants and shoving people around since it clearly shows he's not bothered by it from the vid cam at the store. I can't even imagine not running away and layin low.

    Good one, Dana.

    Not that it matters here, but, where I'm from, we see this same scenario played out all the time on the nightly local news. Same size clerk. Same size perp. Same attitude from the perp. I think it's a "thing". No guns, you know?

    JMO. Yes I can provide links - but it would derail this thread and I won't do that.
    Last edited by zoomom; 08-29-2014 at 12:52 AM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,394
    Y'all have brought up something else I want to address.

    DJ and the guy with the black tshirt and dreads both stated in their recounting of their version of events...

    That no cops were called on them for stealing the cigars. They were pretty adamant about that...and we do know that the store in fact DID NOT CALL! It was a female customer that called.

    People have then stated that MB walking in the street with the stolen cigars makes him arrogant, and shows a lack of common sense, etc. That is shows a blatant disregard for authority when he came face to face with a police officer.

    My gut feeling here (and that is all it is, IMO and nothing else) is that this store was known to be a place where they didn't call the cops on petty thefts like this...even if pushed.

    So in MB and DJ's mind...the cop was in fact just yelling at them to get off the street...and did not in fact know anything about the theft, if he in fact did (which of course is debatable based on reports). MB wasn't being blatantly disrespectful with stolen items in his hands because in his mind, the cop couldn't have known they were stolen!

    I hope that makes sense...I feel like I have to put so many caveats and explanations into things...LOL!


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,906
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcgladr View Post
    I thought there was a link on the second to last page, I could be wrong. A lot of us kept blabbing after that on the old thread, though.
    Oh could be...my tapatalk is being exceptionally wonky!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,906
    What I find infuriating is there seems to be zero empathy for the hard working people trying to make a living.

    How dare people with the mentality that it's to be expected or excused!

    I HATE the attitude that excuses a strong armed robbery as a teenage indiscretion. WHAT????

    That's straight up bullcrap!!!!

    Maybe if more people took more time working and taking some pride in what's theirs they wouldn't so easily excuse it. ...
    I HATE a thief!



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Heart of Acadiana
    Posts
    2,015
    Ferguson protestors file $40M lawsuit against police - I assume the number has dwindled down from $200 M. Maybe it's because they could only find five plaintiffs. (Now known as the Ferguson Five)

    http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/local...ents/14756807/
    http://fox2now.com/2014/08/28/fergus...gainst-police/

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,906

    Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #13

    Quote Originally Posted by BayouBelle_LA View Post
    Ferguson protestors file $40M lawsuit against police - I assume the number has dwindled down from $200 M. Maybe it's because they could only find five plaintiffs. (Now known as the Ferguson Five)

    http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/local...ents/14756807/
    http://fox2now.com/2014/08/28/fergus...gainst-police/
    Pffffft...

    Hopping on the gravy train...move over Rev Al!!!!

    Snicker..."justice"
    Yeah okay....what a freakin joke!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    DofC
    Posts
    22,012
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouBelle_LA View Post
    Ferguson protestors file $40M lawsuit against police - I assume the number has dwindled down from $200 M. Maybe it's because they could only find five plaintiffs. (Now known as the Ferguson Five)

    http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/local...ents/14756807/
    http://fox2now.com/2014/08/28/fergus...gainst-police/
    That what I was wondering...I believe it states in there that he expects others to join the lawsuit.
    __________
    “Hate, it has caused a lot of problems in the world, but has not solved one yet.” - Maya Angelou

Page 1 of 80 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #18
    By Blue_Dolphin308 in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 936
    Last Post: 09-14-2014, 11:10 PM
  2. MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #17
    By Blue_Dolphin308 in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 1203
    Last Post: 09-11-2014, 06:59 PM
  3. MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #16
    By Blue_Dolphin308 in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 1277
    Last Post: 09-09-2014, 11:03 PM
  4. MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #15
    By Blue_Dolphin308 in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 1040
    Last Post: 09-06-2014, 06:28 PM
  5. MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #4
    By Blue_Dolphin308 in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 1172
    Last Post: 08-18-2014, 10:12 PM