1411 users online (317 members and 1094 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

GA - Seminole Co., HispMale UP5666, 17-25, felt charm bracelet, Apr'09

NamUs UP 5666 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/5666

DSC_0074.jpg

Unidentified Hispanic Male

The victim was discovered on April 24, 2009 in Donalsonville, Seminole County, Georgia

Body Condition
    One or both hands not recovered -- Not recognizable - Partial remains with soft tissues
    Probable Year of Death 2009
    Estimated Postmortem IntervalWeeks

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: Adult - Pre-30
    Approximate Height: 5'10" (70 inches).
    Approximate Weight: 126 pounds.
    Hair Color: Hair listed as black/brown, short.
    Eye Color: Unknown

Clothing & Accessories

Clothing On Body: Short sleeve orange polo shirt with thin dark blue horizontal stripes
    Blue Jeans (Ralph Lauren)
    Nautica brand belt with flags along the band
    Jewelry: Braided rope bracelet with felt charm
    Footwear: Red open toed sandals with single silver buckle on side

Identifiers
    Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is available and entered
    Dentals: Dental information / charting is available and entered
    DNA: Sample submitted - Tests complete

Case History
    Found prone in the woods approximately 200ft off the roadway and 17 miles south of Donalsonville, GA.

This guy had some really unique accessories that should make identification easier. The belt, sandals, and bracelet are all pretty uncommon. They make me think of some of the things my Spanish coworkers might wear. Could he be from Spain or another European country? This style seems to be more common there than here in the states, and not necessarily something that screams Mexican or South American to me. He also looks more European than Mexican/South American to me.

Found this guy missing from Algeria. Doesn't say where he was when he went missing as most Interpol records do, but maybe he was headed for the US? The height listed for him (1.65 meters or just under 5'5") is too short, but maybe his or the UID's height are incorrect. I've learned to not always trust the height estimates on these. His age and the timeframe match, and he has some resemblance to the recon. There is very little information on him otherwise.

Houcine Arabiche
    http://www.interpol.int/notice/search/missing/2009-3581

I was thinking maybe European when I read the description, too. Looking at the pictures of his effects, however, I got the feeling that this guy was from Mexico or Central/South America.

He had one of those scapular felt charms (I found one on the beach last year in Mexico - had never seen one before) and the shoes look like women's sandals borrowed from a relative or acquired at a thrift store.

Poor guy - so young.

Quote Originally Posted by jjohnston0827 View Post
    This guy had some really unique accessories that should make identification easier. The belt, sandals, and bracelet are all pretty uncommon. They make me think of some of the things my Spanish coworkers might wear. Could he be from Spain or another European country? This style seems to be more common there than here in the states, and not necessarily something that screams Mexican or South American to me. He also looks more European than Mexican/South American to me.
    this actually does scream Mexican immigrant to me. the sandals can be purchased from street vendors on the streets of tj for 10-15 bucks. the charm is a "novela" they are home made Catholic religious artifacts that many Mexican people have. relatives make them for each other.

were his hands cut off? this may be a cartel hit.

I'm thinking cartel hit too.

He seems to have young-looking, unworn teeth- nicer than many working class/migrant worker Latin American immigrants.

Could he have been a drug runner headed to Atlanta, GA, or headed back to New Orleans, LA? Where he was found is very remote but he might have been deliberately dumped far away from where he was supposed to be (the killers possibly wanted it to look like HE ran off with money or a load of drugs, not them- a possible scenario.) That is if he was doing that. Some of his accessories are not typical of people in that subculture.