GA GA - Seminole Co., HispMale UP5666, 17-25, felt charm bracelet, Apr'09

jjohnston0827

Reaction score
NamUs UP 5666 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/5666

DSC_0074.jpg

Unidentified Hispanic Male

The victim was discovered on April 24, 2009 in Donalsonville, Seminole County, Georgia​

Body Condition
One or both hands not recovered -- Not recognizable - Partial remains with soft tissues
Probable Year of Death 2009
Estimated Postmortem IntervalWeeks​

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: Adult - Pre-30
Approximate Height: 5'10" (70 inches).
Approximate Weight: 126 pounds.
Hair Color: Hair listed as black/brown, short.
Eye Color: Unknown

Clothing & Accessories

Clothing On Body: Short sleeve orange polo shirt with thin dark blue horizontal stripes
Blue Jeans (Ralph Lauren)
Nautica brand belt with flags along the band
Jewelry: Braided rope bracelet with felt charm
Footwear: Red open toed sandals with single silver buckle on side​

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is available and entered
Dentals: Dental information / charting is available and entered
DNA: Sample submitted - Tests complete

Case History
Found prone in the woods approximately 200ft off the roadway and 17 miles south of Donalsonville, GA.​

This guy had some really unique accessories that should make identification easier. The belt, sandals, and bracelet are all pretty uncommon. They make me think of some of the things my Spanish coworkers might wear. Could he be from Spain or another European country? This style seems to be more common there than here in the states, and not necessarily something that screams Mexican or South American to me. He also looks more European than Mexican/South American to me.

Found this guy missing from Algeria. Doesn't say where he was when he went missing as most Interpol records do, but maybe he was headed for the US? The height listed for him (1.65 meters or just under 5'5") is too short, but maybe his or the UID's height are incorrect. I've learned to not always trust the height estimates on these. His age and the timeframe match, and he has some resemblance to the recon. There is very little information on him otherwise.

Houcine Arabiche
http://www.interpol.int/notice/search/missing/2009-3581

I was thinking maybe European when I read the description, too. Looking at the pictures of his effects, however, I got the feeling that this guy was from Mexico or Central/South America.

He had one of those scapular felt charms (I found one on the beach last year in Mexico - had never seen one before) and the shoes look like women's sandals borrowed from a relative or acquired at a thrift store.

Poor guy - so young.

This guy had some really unique accessories that should make identification easier. The belt, sandals, and bracelet are all pretty uncommon. They make me think of some of the things my Spanish coworkers might wear. Could he be from Spain or another European country? This style seems to be more common there than here in the states, and not necessarily something that screams Mexican or South American to me. He also looks more European than Mexican/South American to me.

this actually does scream Mexican immigrant to me. the sandals can be purchased from street vendors on the streets of tj for 10-15 bucks. the charm is a "novela" they are home made Catholic religious artifacts that many Mexican people have. relatives make them for each other.

were his hands cut off? this may be a cartel hit.

I'm thinking cartel hit too.

He seems to have young-looking, unworn teeth- nicer than many working class/migrant worker Latin American immigrants.

Could he have been a drug runner headed to Atlanta, GA, or headed back to New Orleans, LA? Where he was found is very remote but he might have been deliberately dumped far away from where he was supposed to be (the killers possibly wanted it to look like HE ran off with money or a load of drugs, not them- a possible scenario.) That is if he was doing that. Some of his accessories are not typical of people in that subculture.

New official appeal by Help ID Me (Help id me is branch of NCMEC, specializing in unidentified children)
===

UNIDENTIFIED IN #GEORGIA

upload_2020-2-22_1-21-35.png
(click on image to enlarge)

On April 24, 2009 an unidentified male was found in a wooded, area along Highway 253 in Seminole County, #Georgia.

He was Hispanic, 17-25 years old. He stood approximately 5’09” tall and weighed between 130-150 pounds. He had short, black, straight hair.

He was found wearing an orange short-sleeve polo shirt with thin dark blue horizontal stripes, blue Ralph Lauren jeans with a Nautica belt, and red open-toed sandals with a silver buckle on the side. He wore a fabric bracelet with a felt charm around his right wrist.

Additional images and information can be found at his #NCMEC poster: www.missingkids.org/poster/NCMU/1122478

Please call the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children at 1-800-THE-LOST with any information that could help identify him.

Link - Help ID Me

I posted photos of this John Doe and his belongings in a Spanish-language missing persons Facebook group and it appears the shoes are huaraches, most likely from
Michoacán based on the style.

The "necklace" is actually an escapulario (scapular necklace) of the Virgen del Carmen, also common in Mexico and other predominately-Catholic Central American counties.

this actually does scream Mexican immigrant to me. the sandals can be purchased from street vendors on the streets of tj for 10-15 bucks. the charm is a "novela" they are home made Catholic religious artifacts that many Mexican people have. relatives make them for each other.

were his hands cut off? this may be a cartel hit.
They were able to get a partial fingerprint but no hits.

Case Info​

Date found: Fri, 04/24/2009 - 12:00
Race: Hispanic
Location: Ned Alday-River Rd near Feather Field Farms in Seminole County
Weight: 128 - 150 lbs
Height: 5' 11'
Eyes: Unknown
Hair Color: Unknown
Sex: Male
Birth Range: 1979 - 1989
Contact Info: GBI Thomasville - 229-225-4090
Deceased was wearing a striped polo style shirt, Ralph Lauren blue jeans, a Nautica belt, Tommy Hilfiger underwear

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back