Micro Soft Word Problem - Help

Gozgals

Reaction score
:razz: I have Mirco Soft Word which I have done documents previously in the past on. I had a post I wanted to add here on WS, but it appears no matter what I do, I can't get the COPY Function to work.

Does anybody have any suggestions. I use to be very familiar with this program but it appears I must have lost my computer savvy. I cannot figure out why I can't copy the documents or this post.

One thing I have noticed is the COPY feature is not lite up, if that is the proper way to explain it. I'm frustrated by now!

Any help would be appreciated. The "Cut" feature is also not working.

URG.....I need this function to do work too.

I'm sure many use this program. My computer was rebuilt over the last two months but I do not think this is the problem.

Thanks all you techies at WB

Gozgals:confused:

I would try running scandisk first. This should fix any errors in the program. I would also run defrag. If you don't know how to run scandisk or defrag, let me know and I will step you through it. You could also try reinstalling the program. Let me know if this does not help and I will help you troubleshoot further.

Regards,

Montana

:D :D

Thanks Montana. It is my pleasure to meet you too.;)

I am familiar with running both of these programs you suggested. You are probably correct since both Word/ and Excel were added again this time when my computer was rebuilt. It does have all the bells and whistles too.

I am at loss, (since it has been since College-- wow, years ago) since I used some of the functions as to how to do various things.

I will run the defrag./ scan as soon as I'm able and get back to you. What is funny, well it is not, I think I COPIED or printed a rather personal letter of medical bills onto a SITE I was reading on missing children. Hopefully, this did not go through! It included names, amounts, etc. This could prove rather serious.

I would also love to find out how to do a gif- (if that is what they are called) or add a picture. I will not overwhelm you or anyone else, but ask when I'm ready for this major move:eek: .

I will get back to you when I get a chance to run the scans and let you know if they have worked.

Thank you very much and have a beautiful evening. You have been the first person who has directly responded to me here and I do hold that dear. Anything I can ever do for you, let me know.

____"THE Fool Wonders, The Wise Man Asks"
*Benjamin Disraeli

Gozgals,

What a warm, wonderful response. It is indeed a pleasure to meet you. I am happy to help you with anything that I can.

Was the site that you think you copied your personal information on a forum? If so, just go back and delete your post. If it was just a regular view only type of site, no need to worry. You can not publish to a site by just cutting and pasting. Even if the text you pasted displayed for you, it is not really published to a site unless it is uploaded. Publishing to a site can only be done by the person who owns or has access privileges to the site (or by hacking).

Did you try a reboot of your computer? Sometimes a reboot (turn the PC off and leave it off for a few minutes as opposed to just restarting it) will correct program errors. When you are using Microsoft products a simple reboot can work wonders.

I look forward to hearing what progress you have made.

Warmest Regards,

Montana

It sounds like you're highlighting the text and going to the icon at the top on the menu bar? You can also highlight the text and do a right click with the mouse and a drop down menu appears for another way to copy and paste.

good luck

Does your copy or cut function work in any other program? I ask, because if you cannot copy off of anything, your have a windows problem, and quite possibly a virus (which I know from experience sometimes comes with a rebuild). You might try highlighting the text, use ctrl-C (for copy), and use ctrl-V (for paste), and see if that works. Also try, Edit>select all> copy, then paste and see if that works.

If you don't have a virus scanner, try Grisoft AVG free edition. It works really well.

:innocent: Hi Mlazy V. It appears the copy/paste option did not work either way for me, using the pull down menu nor the regular copy/paste way.

I too thank you for your words of advice. It is wonderful to meet such pleasant people.

What did seem to work, (at least somewhat-yet the whole program seems a tad bit screwed up right now) was to highlight...move it over on the page and then copy..:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I shall take Montana's advice and run the program and discs later. I did get to copy in what I did write before though. Some of the functions are off as I said, but it will do.

And A warm welcome and hello to you also. Thank you for making me feel welcome.

one for you:

"the world is a looking glass and gives back to every man
the reflection of his own face."

------William Thackeray

AGAIN THANK YOU BOTH, GOOD DAYS TO COME FOR YOU TWO...:) :)

Try using the shortcut keys:

Ctrl+X to Cut
Ctrl+C to Copy
Ctrl+V to Paste

I find these to be very helpful when you are in a program that won't let you use the right mouse click.

Give it a try. I hope it helps.

Sue

:dance: Ghostwheel: I do not have a virus at the present time, thanks for asking. I did run a virus scan. I'm very careful about that now. I have replaced the computer workings too many times that I have learned to be very safe and have programs of protection. Thank you too. They are tangled with as they come...;)

Oh yea GHOST- I can copy from wordpad, and notebook, and my mail. I just like to have a spellcheck function since I speedtype. Not anal but you know what I mean.

Sue, Thanks for the suggestions of the keys. I did use some before. They did not work but I will keep your guide, could have hit the wrong ones.

Thanks all of you, WS, is the best. Glad I found a new home. I think you all just want me to put in those goffy azz quotes....* Ah, if I told you where I got them from you would howl! Alright I will! It is a newsletter I call, "The Gilbert Gazette", it is from an office and they have a 20lb cat there. Each month they do quotes, other assorted information. Wow, what a writer I am. I knew they would come in handy one day, at least to make some smile

I will check back and let everyone know how this works out. I have a deposition Monday/Tuesday that won't go well- I may present some facts to webs. on this matter next week for advice.:razz:

Again it is my privilage to meet such great people, espically the ace sleuths of our time.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility,
there are so few of us left.......-----Oscar Levant:bang:

Hi there! And welcome!

I am reading back at all the advice and all great ideas. However, no one has asked you the 2 most important and the 1st questions that should be asked when trying to troubleshoot a computer problem :)

1st, what operating system(OS) are you running? XP, 98, 2000, etc? (if your not sure, right click on my computer, make sure the 'General' tab is selected and this will list info on your computer including your OS, list to me what it states under the 1st heading here 'System')

2nd, what version of Word are you running, to find this out please open your Word progam, click on help, then about Microsoft Word, it will tell you what release.

This could be just a clich in your OS or your MO (Microsoft Office).....it maybe as easy as downloading a 'fix' from microsoft.com, however I can't find out anymore info or give you directions on fix unless you give me the answers to the above 2 questions :D

I hope I can help you solve your problem...I LOVE THIS STUFF!

Aren't these posters great? :clap: Everyone tries so hard to help eachother and I think it's so wonderful. An awesome group of people here at WS!

Kindest regards,
Christine

Oh boy, Oh boy, I just typed a long answer to you and the computer shut off as I was signing off...(OH YEA....swear words here........many):behindbar

Anyway before I try again later, thank you for you help and all on WB. It is greatly appreciated. Some of these methods I have tried but a few I have not had a chance too. Yours included. I will let you know what happens

Have a happy 4th of July. Myself -I received bad news...Not pretty. AH..Ah.

Thanks for all here, keep sleuthing
Great to be a part of this great group and thanks for responding back.:clap:

DO NOT QUENCH YOUR INSPIRATION AND OUR IMAGINATION;
DO NOT BECOME THE SLAVE OF YOUR MODEL.
-----Vincent van Gogh

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics