855 users online (116 members and 739 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 75 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1121
  1. #1
    Blue_Dolphin308's Avatar
    Blue_Dolphin308 is offline We can't help everyone, But everyone can help someone!
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Allentown PA
    Posts
    3,396

    MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #14

    The fatal shooting of an unarmed black teenager Saturday by a police officer in a St. Louis suburb came after a struggle for the officer’s gun, police officials said Sunday, in an explanation that met with outrage and skepticism in the largely African-American community.The killing of the youth, Michael Brown, 18, ignited protests on Saturday and Sunday in Ferguson, Mo., a working-class suburb of about 20,000 residents. Hundreds of people gathered at the scene of the shooting to question the police and to light candles for Mr. Brown, who was planning to begin college classes on Monday.
    Mr. Brown’s stepfather, Louis Head, held a cardboard sign that said, “Ferguson police just executed my unarmed son.”

    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/11/us...e-for-gun.html


    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...1#post10861113

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post10867195

    Media Thread


    Thread #1

    Thread #2

    Thread #3

    Thread #4

    Thread #5

    Thread #6

    Thread #7

    Thread #8

    Thread #9

    Thread #10

    Thread #11

    Thread #12


    Thread #13
    Last edited by Salem; 08-30-2014 at 09:37 PM.
    Be Kind to yourself, you are worth it!

  2. #2


    A couple of things:

    1) We are not going to allow links to blogs in this case without prior approval. And approvals will be tough to get.

    2) Posts directed at other posters rather than the case will earn a TO without explanation. If you have a problem with another member, use the alert feature and scroll on by OR use the ignore feature and keep it to yourself

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,182

    Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #14

    Please continue here.

    Salem

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,910

    Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #14

    From the end if the last thread

    Where is the proof/evidence that the car didn't move forward after hitting the SUV?

    I have no idea what the truth is.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    852
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    From the end if the last thread

    Where is the proof/evidence that the car didn't move forward after hitting the SUV?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From another MSM news source: "A subsequent federal investigation showed that the men were unarmed and that their car had not moved forward when the officers fired 21 shots and killed the suspects, Earl Murray and Ronald Beasley."

    (source: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/m...57a31fee5.html)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,910
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcgladr View Post
    From another MSM news source: "A subsequent federal investigation showed that the men were unarmed and that their car had not moved forward when the officers fired 21 shots and killed the suspects, Earl Murray and Ronald Beasley."

    (source: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/m...57a31fee5.html)
    The federal probe, according to your link also deemed the shooting JUSTIFIED!




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    852
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    The federal probe, according to your link also deemed the shooting JUSTIFIED!




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That does nothing to quell my fears that the prosecutor can just LIE TO the grand jury, by telling them a version of the story that's not remotely true.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,910
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcgladr View Post
    That does nothing to quell my fears that the prosecutor can just LIE TO the grand jury, by telling them a version of the story that's not remotely true.
    IMO there is zero evidence in your two links that shows me the prosecutor acted in bad faith.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    4,386
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcgladr View Post
    From another MSM news source: "A subsequent federal investigation showed that the men were unarmed and that their car had not moved forward when the officers fired 21 shots and killed the suspects, Earl Murray and Ronald Beasley."

    (source: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/m...57a31fee5.html)
    It would be nice to include the rest of that paragraph......."The probe, however, also concluded that because the officers feared for their safety, the shootings were justified."

    MOO

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    State of Disbelief. SC
    Posts
    12,078
    bringing over this post of tlcya

    So Michael Brown's actions mere minutes before encountering Officer Wilson are minimized or not relevant to what happened during that encounter but McCullough's decision to uphold a grand jury's decision about a completely different police shooting 14 years prior speaks to his bias?

    Seriously? I have really hard time with that premise. It feels like a big ole honkin double standard to me. Anything that might suggest MB was looking for trouble and didn't care where he found it that day is just smear tactics but a completely different case from 14 years ago is plenty to suggest people should not trust the prosecutor or a grand jury's decision in either case?

    Just sayin
    This ^ ^ ^ is what I don't understand at all
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,910
    Quote Originally Posted by TorisMom003 View Post
    It would be nice to include the rest of that paragraph......."The probe, however, also concluded that because the officers feared for their safety, the shootings were justified."

    MOO
    IKR??




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    852
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    IMO there is zero evidence in your two links that shows me the prosecutor acted in bad faith.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What? Why do YOU think he told the jurors that the car was coming toward the officers, when it had actually reversed and was stopped when the shooting occurred? Was it GOOD FAITH? I have a feeling arguing against law enforcement in any way, shape or form is just useless with you. <modsnip>
    Last edited by Kimster; 08-30-2014 at 10:33 PM. Reason: leave out the personalizing

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,261
    OK-I just read the Newsweek hit piece on McCullough. I just threw up in my mouth a little.
    Everything I post without a supporting link is always JMO.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    33,776
    My head hurts. My heart hurts. and I fear for a country where complacency rules and it is acceptable that you can choose not to participate in your legal right to vote for your elected officials and then later attempt to overthrow that system and process by bullying tactics when some folks decide they don't like an outcome or a decision.

    I fully support the right to peacefully protest social injustice. I absolutely do not support violence, looting, rioting, intimidation or adult temper tantrums when things do not go the way they wish they would. Nor do I support elected officials who crumble in the face of same.

    I am seriously ashamed of America's general reaction to this incident, citizen, press and elected officials alike.
    Last edited by tlcya; 08-30-2014 at 10:04 PM. Reason: remove you statements and replace with less inflammatory genral they

    Websleuths now on Facebook


    Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

    mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,380
    I'm afraid a lot of what we are seeing is what happens to a democracy when it lacks an educated citizenry.

    Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.--Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 75 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #18
    By Blue_Dolphin308 in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 936
    Last Post: 09-14-2014, 11:10 PM
  2. MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #17
    By Blue_Dolphin308 in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 1203
    Last Post: 09-11-2014, 06:59 PM
  3. MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #16
    By Blue_Dolphin308 in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 1277
    Last Post: 09-09-2014, 11:03 PM
  4. MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #15
    By Blue_Dolphin308 in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 1040
    Last Post: 09-06-2014, 06:28 PM
  5. MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #4
    By Blue_Dolphin308 in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 1172
    Last Post: 08-18-2014, 10:12 PM