1004 users online (202 members and 802 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

TX - Katherina Gonzalez, 5, Dallas, 31 August 2014 *Arrest*

Dallas police investigating report of missing 5-year-old

Dallas police and crime scene detectives are at an apartment complex in Lake Highlands where a 5-year-old girl was reported missing shortly after noon Sunday. Police have blocked off part of the Sontera Palms apartments in the 9500 block of Royal Lane. Tiffiany Sauls, who lives at the complex, said after residents saw officers looking for the girl many joined in. Neighbors said after police searched the complex they went back into an apartment they believed to be vacant. “We’re standing here to wait and see if they caught the person and didn’t catch the person because we are still are willing to do anything we can,” Sauls said.
    http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2014...year-old.html/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Missing girl found dead in Northeast Dallas

DALLAS —
    A five-year-old girl was found dead at a Northeast Dallas apartment complex Sunday afternoon after she had been reported missing.
    http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local...llas/14908079/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    oh no

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

Goodness you'd hope they were looking for a possible suspect!

She was found dead in a vacant apartment in a complex she didn't live in!

Seems like an awfully big coincidence if a 5 year old managed to go missing, end up in a complex she didn't live in, end up in a vacant unit, AND end up dead all in under 3 hours and something fishy not be involved!

If she'd been found in a pool or river or something that'd possibly be different...

A police spokesperson declined to say if they were investigating a possible suspect or whether anyone was in custody.

The child's name has not been released. Police said she did not live at the Sontera Palms complex.

Police went to the Sontera Palms apartments in the 9500 block of Royal Lane about 11:30 a.m. after reports of a critically missing girl.

Maintenance told police there are a lot of empty apartments at the complex

About 2:30 p.m., police found the girl’s body in a vacant apartment, Sherwin said.

The girl may have been at the apartment regularly because her babysitter lived there, but she is not thought to have been a resident of the complex, Sherwin said.

Police are interviewing several people, but did not say whether they have anyone in custody.

Betting this is going to be key:
    The girl may have been at the apartment regularly because her babysitter lived there, but she is not thought to have been a resident of the complex, Sherwin said.
    Someone watching her when they've seen her with the sitter? Maybe a Jenisa (in WA) type ending?

It doesn't sound good, but I can see the possibility of it being an accident. Girl wanders off, heads to a place she's familiar with, gets into the wrong apartment, pulls something down on top of her, or gets stuck in or under something.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local...llas/14908079/

The child's parents said she had been playing with a dog and an older cousin when she disappeared around noon Sunday. Residents helped police search for the child until her body was discovered in a vacant apartment around 2:30 p.m...

A police spokesperson declined to say if they were investigating a possible suspect or whether anyone was in custody.

The maintenance staff gave officers access to search empty apartments, said police Maj. Rob Sherwin.

That last article makes it sound like they knew she had been taken to an empty apartment.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    It doesn't sound good, but I can see the possibility of it being an accident. Girl wanders off, heads to a place she's familiar with, gets into the wrong apartment, pulls something down on top of her, or gets stuck in or under something.
    I only wish that was my number one theory.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

An older cousin, how much older? Was the cousin also the babysitter?

Quote Originally Posted by Honey_West View Post
    An older cousin, how much older? Was the cousin also the babysitter?
    Where is there mention of 'an older cousin'? I guess I missed it. tia
    My prayers are for the innocent.

Dallas Cowboys!!!!
    Texas Rangers!!!!

It seems every single building and house and post needs a camera installed now.

Mck16, scroll up to okiegranny's post #8.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast