688 users online (135 members and 553 guests)  

Websleuths News

NY - Milagro Canjura, 31, pregnant, shot to death, Bay Shore, LI, 30 Aug 2014

Investigators said they responded to a call about gunshots around 8:30 p.m. Saturday and found the woman unresponsive inside a car in Bay Shore. They say she had been shot multiple times.

The woman, identified as Milagro Canjura, 31, was taken by ambulance to Southside Hospital in Bay Shore, where she and her unborn baby were pronounced dead, reports CBS New York.

Milagro Canjura, who was almost 7 months pregnant, was inside her car with a 31-year-old outside of a home on Stein Drive in Bay Shore. Canjura rents a basement apartment with her husband, who friends say is in jail.

Just after 8:30 Saturday evening, those living in the home wrapped up a yard sale. Family members say Canjura was heading to work at Sprint. The suspect parked right next to the home, then walked up to Canjura's car and started shooting.

Friends say last weekend Canjura was at her home throwing a baby shower for a relative, and was also looking forward to having her little girl. She had already picked out a name - Camilla. The baby's arrival was special, because last September Canjura was pregnant with twin boys, but the babies died at birth.
    Milagro's FB: https://www.facebook.com/Mila315

New England
    Oh, that poor woman. Rest in peace, and I hope they find the scum that shot her soon.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

on the prowl
    The comments by her friends are heartbreaking to read.

Praying whoever took the life of this beautiful woman and her unborn baby girl is apprehended soon...

Rest in peace, Milagro and Camilla
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

A very bold, and targeted murder. I wonder how long her husband has been in jail, and for what reason .. not that I'm sleuthing her husband, but that it might point to a retaliation motive.

To kill a pregnant woman entitles the murderer to a very special seat in hades. Any progress on this case?
    My posts are opinion and speculation only, and may not be used for any purpose outside of this forum.

Now, sources tell Eyewitness News that Canjura's killing is believed to be related to and possibly retaliation for the murder of a reputed member of the MS-13 gang.

That victim's body was found dumped on the beach in Miller Place in March.

Federal officials, who closely track MS-13, say the violent gang has a history of revenge killings involving family members.