1069 users online (223 members and 846 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

SC - 5 Month Old Infant, Lake Hartwell, 31 August 2014

Infant missing after boat capsizes on Lake Hartwell

Anderson County deputies say an infant is missing after a boat capsized on Lake Hartwell. According to deputies, the incident happened on the lake near Apple Island around a dock. Officers at the scene have not said how many people were in the boat, but said a 9-year-old was in cardiac arrest and receiving CPR and that a 5-month-old infant is missing. Deputies said dive teams were en route to the lake.
    Read more: http://www.wyff4.com/news/infant-mis...#ixzz3C1cxc0q5
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

oh my gosh, terrible! Aw, poor lil punkin.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

According to dispatch, the boat capsized near Hudgens Lake Road in the Townville area.
    FOX Carolina is working to get more information.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/264...townville-lake

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Was the baby wearing a life jacket?

The article was updated and the 9 yo has died... So sad.

Mom in handcuffs. I'm guessing no life jackets. I hope I'm wrong.

http://www.wyff4.com/news/infant-mis...#ixzz3C1cxc0q5

"WYFF News 4's crew at the scene said DNR officials had been questioning the adults involved, including the 9-year-old's mother and placed her in handcuffs"
    Unless I've provided a link, most of what I say is my own opinion. Sometimes, I'm thinking out loud and may explore avenues I don't necessarily think are true, but I'm always aware I could be wrong, so I check other stuff out.

And 11 people in a boat is a lot. Especially a boat that can capsize on a lake.
    Unless I've provided a link, most of what I say is my own opinion. Sometimes, I'm thinking out loud and may explore avenues I don't necessarily think are true, but I'm always aware I could be wrong, so I check other stuff out.

Quote Originally Posted by amymarie View Post
    Was the baby wearing a life jacket?
    Sounds doubtful. I cannot fathom a 5 month old near water without a lifejacket .

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

How sad.
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

Oh no. This is so sad to read. I'm wondering if alcohol was involved. Such a tragedy.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Jeez. The article says by a dock at Apple Island. Apple Island appears to have a ramp and a courtesy dock and no marina I can find.

WARNING THEORY AHEAD:
    I'm going to guess they were pulling up to the courtesy dock and too many people went to one side of an overcrowded boat (which is likely if they had 11 people on a boat they were trailering.) and capsized. Given that it was close to a dock, and one kid died and one is missing, I suspect alcohol was a factor. (Since someone was arrested)

The article above has been updated and now says the 5 month old is presumed drowned. And it no longer identifies who was in custody. Seeing as an infant would likely still have a shot in a proper infant life jacket after 3 hours (based on when the other child was evacuated and died) they wouldn't be saying presumed drowned unless the infant wasn't in a life jacket.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/264...townville-lake

Anderson County Sheriff John Skipper said the five-month-old was found after midnight in about twenty feet of water...

Department of Natural Resources officials said that a female on the scene was taken into custody to be given a breathalyzer test after the incident.

Oh no. How very sad.
    I'm always scared with my children around water. My father has a small boat, like a dingy thing with a motor and he goes out to a local lake. He has life jackets for all the grandchildren, but I am so nervous. My eldest is 17 and he goes out with his grandad a lot. He is a very strong swimmer, but I still can't relax!
    My girls are 5 and 7 and they haven't been out in the boat. Thankfully, they are not interested. X

My S.O is at Hartwell right now and is returning today. Not sure if she was in the area where this occurred but might hear more about it tonight. They usually go out on a pontoon boat but no boys in the family. It sounds like the boat had allot of people on it. Lake Hartwell is a large lake, not sure if she even knows. A story says a female was taken in for alcohol testing.

http://www.live5news.com/story/26416...townville-lake

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast