IL - Chicago man beats woman, 7 year old boy, then throws baby girl out of car

zwiebel

Reaction score
'A 46-year-old man is in custody after beating a woman, hitting her young son when he tried to intervene and throwing an 18-month-old girl out a vehicle window early this morning, according to police.'

It happened around the intersection of East 75th Street and South Cottage Grove Avenue in the early hours this morning. He hit the baby with the vehicle as he drove off too.

The baby girl and her seven-year-old brother were both taken to hospital, where they are stable. Suspect's been arrested but his name's not been released yet.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...e-during-domestic-dispute-20140901-story.html

OMG! This is absolutely sickening, those poor children, the poor woman. Luckily the little ones have survived, how they will ever trust anyone again I'll never know. It never gets any easier reading these horrific stories of abuse and murder. :(

Do you expect protesters and widespread looting???

I don't know if it's just me, but there seems to have been a LOT of shooting, stabbings and violence happening in Chicago recently. I don't know if there really is more or just that more is being reported, but maybe it is time for the community and authorities to come together?

Not in protests, but in an effort to make the City safer? Especially for children.

Bless that little 7 year old boy, trying to help defend his momma :(

The article you linked says that the assault was 'domestic'. So the 23 year old mom was 15 years old when she had her son who is 7 years old. Could the 46 year old man who hit her be her father? or her boyfriend? Definitely need more info.

About 2:40 a.m., the man began hitting a 23-year-old woman inside a vehicle near the intersection of East 75th Street and South Cottage Grove Avenue, Police News Affairs Officer Ron Gaines said. Police described the assault as domestic in nature.

ETA: Wow, just noticed that this happened at 2:40 in the morning.

I don't know if it's just me, but there seems to have been a LOT of shooting, stabbings and violence happening in Chicago recently. I don't know if there really is more or just that more is being reported, but maybe it is time for the community and authorities to come together?

Not in protests, but in an effort to make the City safer? Especially for children.

If it bleeds it leads. Clearly there is some good happening, the JRW team from Chicago won the US world series title. There are good news stories. Chicago news just doesn't broadcast them.

Now, if this guy wasn't the childrens father, I'd like to know why they were out in the wee hours of the morning and why she was with this abusive blob of flesh.

I hope they are ok and get the help and support they need to get out of the abusive relationship.

If it bleeds it leads. Clearly there is some good happening, the JRW team from Chicago won the US world series title. There are good news stories. Chicago news just doesn't broadcast them.

Now, if this guy wasn't the childrens father, I'd like to know why they were out in the wee hours of the morning and why she was with this abusive blob of flesh.

I hope they are ok and get the help and support they need to get out of the abusive relationship.

Yes the JRW story is great, hopefully it will inspire kids to join a team instead of a gang. Sorry to say in certain parts of the city it is not unusual to see young children out at midnight or later. Just hope this guy gets what is coming to him, although I haven't seen if charges have been filed yet.

A little OT.

Fewest murders in Chicago since 1963.
http://abc7chicago.com/news/january-to-august-murders-lowest-in-50-yrs-cpd-says/289216/

Six cities in the US who carried the title murder capital of the country since 1985. Chicago did not make the list.
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/07/24/six-cities-with-worst-murder-rates-in-united-states/

Yes fewer murders, thank goodness. Didn't it also report a rise in gun violence? While I am very happy to know deaths are decreasing it is discouraging to wake up almost every morning to hear about another drive by shooting, especially when it involves innocent bystanders and/or children.

Now on topic, I can't find anywhere if charges have been filed against this man? If not, what is the hold up?

Found something. He's not the children's father and I'm surprised he's just charged with misdemeanors.

'Joseph Fults, 46, was charged with one misdemeanor count each of battery and domestic battery, police said early Tuesday.'

'Fults, of the 7400 block of South Phillips, is expected to appear in bond court Tuesday, according to police'

http://www.my50chicago.com/story/26...from-vehicle-after-hitting-girlfriend-her-son

Wait! What?

He throws an 8 month old baby out of the car and runs over her?! How is that NOT attempted murder?

SMH

I hope the little girl is okay after all this, and I further hope both children are removed.

This is now America, folks, view it and weep.

My opinion only

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back