1594 users online (337 members and 1257 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Kindergartener AvaLynn's Eyes Blackened at School, Mother Gets Runaround

I'm not sure what to make of this story, or where to put it. Wondering what you all think.
    My first reaction is horror and anger, on behalf of this little girl, and her mother.
    Most importantly, I want to make sure something is done.
    I also had a few questions, and it seems some of the outlets reporting the story do too.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1923430

Quote Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
    I'm not sure what to make of this story, or where to put it. Wondering what you all think.
    My first reaction is horror and anger, on behalf of this little girl, and her mother.
    Most importantly, I want to make sure something is done.
    I also had a few questions, and it seems some of the outlets reporting the story do too.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1923430
    OMG!
    Who does the little girl say did it??

How hard can it be to ask her and get to the bottom of it?
    I don't understand!!??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

As I understand it, at first the little girl couldn't talk, because her mouth was swollen so badly. But now they are saying a little boy at the top of the slide kicked her in the face, repeatedly, until she fell to the ground, crying. The school will only admit she fell off the slide.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
    As I understand it, at first the little girl couldn't talk, because her mouth was swollen so badly. But now they are saying a little boy at the top of the slide kicked her in the face, repeatedly, until she fell to the ground, crying. The school will only admit she fell off the slide.
    And the school admits these children weren't being supervised?

That poor child..I just want to scoop her up and hug her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

That poor girl! Do they not have supervisors on the playground? Have they asked the other children? In my experience kindergarteners are in the "tattle tale" prime. If she was indeed kicked that is a HARD kick.

I don't want this to sound bad...that poor little girls face looks horrible! But...am I the only one that thought the pics look like two different girls? Is it just the lighting?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.--Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by hambirg View Post
    I don't want this to sound bad...that poor little girls face looks horrible! But...am I the only one that thought the pics look like two different girls? Is it just the lighting?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Must be the lighting, the little girl looks the same, same shaped eyes, eyebrows and same hair colour.

This an absolute shocking incident, I can't understand why her parents weren't called when it happened for hospital treatment and for the incident to be investigated. This is not a little scratch, it looks like a shocking beating of some kind!

Over 20 yrs ago now, when my eldest daughter was 4, she bit her lip quite severely as she fell off a swing, it swelled terribly. The pre-school teacher called me at work immediately. It looked nothing compared to poor little Avalynn but I can't understand why it wasn't treated more seriously. Something is wrong here. JMO

Oh boy, I need to watch what I say....
    this precious little girl imhoo was not hit by another child,
    and she didn't fall off a swing.

She was assaulted and her mom needs to have those pictures shown to LE ...she needs to get a lawyer because her child was abused and neglected.

Uhm. HOLY HELL. I just saw this and her pics. OMG. If LE wont do anything, then the mom needs to be hiring a lawyer ASAFP.

Side note: I used to live in Mobile, AL. about 30 min from Pascagoula. we used to call the hospital there "slinging liver" (singing river) - bc it was such a bad hospital. <mod snip>
    Last edited by Tricia; 09-03-2014 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Please remember no name calling. Thank you
    “When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me,
    "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”― Mister Rogers

Last edited by PrimeSuspect; 09-02-2014 at 02:13 PM. Reason: added fb link

I don't understand why the mother or some other emergency contact wasn't called immediately. Isn't that negligence? Isn't that why parents fill out all that info at the start of the school year?
    "Books are the perfect entertainment:no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for each dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life."
    - Stephen King
    “We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones.”
    - Stephen King
    - "A person’s never too old for stories. Man and boy, girl and woman, we live for them.”
    — Roland Deschain

Was she blocking the slide or something?

She looks like she was kicked to me. Someone needs to answer. Like the child that did this. If he is capable of doing such a thing now, and getting away with it, what will he do when he is older?

However, I'm not sure why a go fund me is necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by killarney rose View Post
    She looks like she was kicked to me. Someone needs to answer. Like the child that did this. If he is capable of doing such a thing now, and getting away with it, what will he do when he is older?

However, I'm not sure why a go fund me is necessary?
    I'm wondering about that too. Is it for the medical bills or lawyer fees to file a lawsuit against the school?

I think the image was definitely edited. Check this out:
    http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.ph...3916&show=meta

Check out the device model/make. Those would have details if the color profile were attached to the original image. I am not explaining it well but here, read this:
    http://fotoforensics.com/tutorial-meta.php

This site, btw, is by far the most detailed and comprehensive photo verification tool I've seen. I love it. Anyway, let me know what you guys think. I hope to god this little girls injuries weren't really that bad. The first thing that set off flags is that her skin tone was so vastly different in the pictures on the news article. Combined with the fact that law enforcement is not investigating. I actually hope the mom is exaggerating the photo to make it look worse for the little girl's sake. Because if her injuries were really that bad, omg. How awful. Poor kid.
    “When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me,
    "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”― Mister Rogers

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast