1173 users online (167 members and 1006 guests)  

Websleuths News

AK - Wasilla, 'Horseshoe Harriet' WhtFem UP12846, 19-20, SK victim, Apr'84

http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/09/...lers.html?rh=1

The remains of an unidentified victim of recently deceased Alaska serial killer Robert Hansen were being exhumed from an Anchorage gravesite, 30 years after her killer led authorities to her body near a lake north of the city...

The exhumation at Anchorage Memorial Park Wednesday afternoon was for the remains of an unidentified woman believed to be in her late teens whose body was found April 25, 1984, near Horseshoe Lake.

"We know what happened to her," said Stephen Hoage, operations administrator for the state medical examiner's office, among those participating in the exhumation. "We're not trying to solve the crime. We just want her to be identified." The woman became known as "Horseshoe Harriet" to some, according to Jason Grenn with the state health department.
    NamUs: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/12846

No rule-outs currently listed. She is estimated to be 5'4" tall with brown hair. Late teens/young adult. Clothing found at the scene includes a wool scarf, knit coat and sweater, blue jeans, wool socks, leg warmers, a nylon bra, and tennis shoes.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 09-04-2014 at 02:15 PM.

I read something about a sketch/reconstruction would be released in march 2015 if she wasnt identified. I hope this is still going ahead!

Im guessing not coz March is over :/

A new update....

http://www.ktva.com/hansen-victim-on...dentified-854/

Hansen victim one step closer to being identified
    By Shannon Kemp 10:53 PM April 17, 2015

ANCHORAGE –

The DNA of an unidentified victim of deceased serial killer Robert Hansen is now available for comparison with potential family members.

Hansen led authorities to the body of a young woman at Horseshoe Lake in Palmer on April 25, 1984. Known as Jane Doe #3, or “Horseshoe Harriet”, she was buried at Anchorage Memorial Cemetery until September of 2014, when her body was exhumed.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NAMUS) coordinated the exhumation with the Alaska State Medical Examiner’s Office. The goal: to identify her by providing the public with an image from facial reconstruction and a DNA profile, according to NAMUS spokeswoman Janet Franson....
    The rest of the article is at the link above along with a video of the news report. They say it may take 6 months to get the facial reconstruction.

Anyone suppose this new NamUs MP might be Horseshoe Harriet, or Eklutna Annie?

Roxane Easland
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/28953/0

She was LKA only a month before Eklutna Annie was found, and about 4 years before Horseshoe Harriet was found.

Unless the postmortem interval for EA (about 1 year) is inaccurate, she was probably not missing long enough to be EA.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 06-13-2015 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    Anyone suppose this new NamUs MP might be Horseshoe Harriet, or Eklutna Annie?

Roxane Easland
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/28953/0

She was LKA only a month before Eklutna Annie was found, and about 4 years before Horseshoe Harriet was found.

Unless the postmortem interval for EA (about 1 year) is inaccurate, she was probably not missing long enough to be EA.
    Here's another new addition. LKA is too late to be EA, but not too late to be Horseshoe Harriet.

Andrea Altiery
    Andrea M Altiery.jpeg
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/28954/0

If Andrea isn't Horseshoe Harriet, she's apparently still another victim of Robert Hansen. From her Namus:

Further investigation has revealed several pieces of Ms. Altiery’s jewelry was recovered l. Hansen’s home during a search warrant executed in 1983. It is believed that Ms. Altiery could be a victim of Robert C. Hansen.
    If her jewelry was found in 1983 and HH's estimated date of death is early 1984, does that rule her out?

The pictures of Roxane Easland look almost exactly like the latest recon of Eklutna Annie. I had to take a deep breath when I saw them. The missing date is somewhat inconsistent with Annie's PM interval, but it's definitely worth a shot for both Annie and Harriet.

Cali Doe was Tammy Jo

1-25-2015

NamUs has added pictures of Harriet's jewelry. I'm still hoping for the NCMEC recon that was supposed to be finished months ago.

FullSizeRender__1_.jpgFullSizeRender__4_.jpgFullSizeRender__6_.jpgFullSizeRender__15_.jpg

Cali Doe was Tammy Jo

1-25-2015

I would like to see a new recon too! Has anyone submitted any potential matches that were suggested in this thread?

Andrea's jewellery descriptions do not match any of those found on Horseshoe Harriet. But if they found Andrea's jewellery in Hansen's home then maybe he would collect them and even possibly put them on different girls?

I recall something about how one girl was found stabbed but she didn't have any holes in her clothing.

Were the identified women found in their original clothing or did he possibly mix and match clothing and accessories between his victims?

Was either MP a Sagittarius? I wish they gave birthdates, considering how many UIDs are found with zodiac items.

I don't see a recon or anything for Horseshoe Harriet, however, I do see that Andrea Altiery has been ruled out.

While led googling for the recon, I came across this Reddit thread, asking about the birthstone ring. https://www.reddit.com/r/astrology/c...us_ring_would/

Checking in on this case, no updates?