700 users online (81 members and 619 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Panama - Lisanne Froon, 22, & Kris Kremers, 21, Boquete, 1 April 2014 - #5

Police in Panama are hunting two young Dutch women who disappeared after making plans to go on a country walk near the mountain town of Boquete.
    http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archive...n_disappea.php

The women still have not been found.
    A Facebook page has been created for them: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lisan...88075314805262

Here my updated map with the latest findings (click on it for a larger version), with the help of local guides Baru and Feliciano:

Panama - Dutch women Lisanne Froon, 22, & Kris Kremers, 21, Boquete, 1 Apr 2014 , #5

Dutch women missing in Panama are confirmed dead

In a statement, Ms Kremers' family said they "had to confront the tough news that, just like Lisanne, Kris also died during her trip to Panama".

Local prosecutor Betzaida Pitty said so far no-one was being investigated in connection with their deaths.

Ms Kremers and Ms Froon were last seen on 2 April near Boquete, where they had travelled to do social work with children after completing a two-week Spanish course.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-28018749

Please continue here for Lisanne and Kris

Please be mindful of the rules. You can find them here:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/for...?159-The-Rules

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 09-04-2014 at 10:58 AM.

Took a while for me to find the new thread, i was directed to page 1 of #4.

But we can continue

Quote Originally Posted by Baru View Post
    This is the second zarso bridge, the person who is over the bridge, go direction Alto Romero, who take the photo will cross after him.
    This dark picture seem very similar to the stone at the bridge, and the erosion could be caused by the cable.
    Thanks Baru,

But . . . there is no cable. Was it changed to another position perhaps?

So the photorgapher did not (yet) cross the bridge and was at the 'Boquete' side of the river. If it were (one of) the girls taking the picture , that would mean that they/she came to the crossing within the 7 days between 1st and 8th of april. That took a long time. At the 1st of april they were not lost, they knew what they did, until an unknown incident occurred. From hat moment no documentation exists except the 90 pictures and the emergency calls, and it is to me doubtful whether te 90 'black' pictures are a form of documentation. If they/she still knew where she was, why not go back to Boquete. They - if they were thephotographer - must somehow have lost their orintation in that week.

It is also possible that thy escaped that night from someone/thing and were in fact on the run.
    I hope that later pictures provide any clues about what they /the photographer did until 4.00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldpizza View Post
    Dutch women missing in Panama are confirmed dead

In a statement, Ms Kremers' family said they "had to confront the tough news that, just like Lisanne, Kris also died during her trip to Panama".

Local prosecutor Betzaida Pitty said so far no-one was being investigated in connection with their deaths.

Ms Kremers and Ms Froon were last seen on 2 April near Boquete, where they had travelled to do social work with children after completing a two-week Spanish course.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-28018749
    Hi Coldpizza,

The link from #4 to this thread #5 is wrong and leads back to #4

Could you change it please?

Quote Originally Posted by Het Lichtpuntje View Post
    Took a while for me to find the new thread, i was directed to page 1 of #4.

But we can continue
    You lost the thread

I feel threadened.

To me it looks like the person on the brigde is coming towards me (photographer), so I don't understand 'who take the photo will cross after him'

I lost the quote by the way. This is about Baru's comment.

All fixed, sorry about that

A new article says the girls made two phone call attempts: 112 on April 1st, and 911 on April 2nd 10:53.
    Maybe they are referring to Kris' cellphone only (?)
    http://laestrella.com.pa/panama/naci...garon/23801882

Quote Originally Posted by Domnivoor View Post
    A new article says the girls made two phone call attempts: 112 on April 1st, and 911 on April 2nd 10:53.
    Maybe they are referring to Kris' cellphone only (?)
    http://laestrella.com.pa/panama/naci...garon/23801882
    Article says something very interesting as well:

El abogado, no obstante, ya hizo este camino y tiene una idea precisa en relación al tiempo que transcurrió entre las llamadas y los sitios donde se retrataron las jóvenes: ‘recuerde que la última foto es en la cima de El Pianista, después hubo un recorrido entre dos y tres horas, nosotros lo hicimos de día y de noche y no nos permite traspasar al área del refugio de la Autoridad Nacional de Ambiente, donde están apareciendo los restos. Ahí no ocurrieron los hechos, sino en alguna quebrada del río Culubre’, aseguró el jurista.
    Translation:

The lawyer, however, already hiked ​​this track and has a specific opinion regarding the time between calls and places where young the women made pictures of each other: 'remember that the last picture is at the peak of El Pianista, then there was a journey between two and three hours, we did it by day and by night and that did not allow us to pass the area of the shelter of the National Authority of the Environment, where the remains are appearing. Overthere no incidents occurred, but in some quebrada of the River Culebre, 'said the lawyer.

BBM

IMHO as happens often, Culebre is written when Culebra is meant.

According to the lawyer, whatever happened, happened in or near one of the smaller tributaries of the Culebra River and not at the dangerous crossings of the river itself.

I have been watching the video on the website of AnswersForKris that the parents made of their trip.
    According to them, the girls never made it to the paddock, nor did they get lost. Also, the track of El Pianista is being hiked frequently, and no one saw them there. (IMHOand following the line of thinkoing of the parents, in case the girls were abducted there, chances were high that the perpetrators would run into someone else while dragging them through the narrow path. No one saw that either.)

That vision leaves the family with one possible exit from the track, and that is through the small quebradas, the first one where the picture of Kris was taken, or the second one where no picture was made - and the father wonders why not.
    Last edited by ZaZara; 09-04-2014 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZaZara View Post
    Article says something very interesting as well:

Translation:

The lawyer, however, already hiked ​​this track and has a specific opinion regarding the time between calls and places where young the women made pictures of each other: 'remember that the last picture is at the peak of El Pianista, then there was a journey between two and three hours, we did it by day and by night and that did not allow us to pass the area of the shelter of the National Authority of the Environment, where the remains are appearing. Overthere no incidents occurred, but in some quebrada of the River Culebre, 'said the lawyer.

BBM

IMHO as happens often, Culubre is written when Culebra is meant.

According to the lawyer, whatever happened, happened in or near one of the smaller tributaries of the Culebra River and not at the dangerous crossings of the river itself.

I have been watching the video on the website of AnswersForKris that the parents made of their trip.
    According to them, the girls never made it to the paddock, nor did they get lost. Also, the track of El Pianista is being hiked frequently, and no one saw them there. (IMHOand following the line of thinkoing of the parents, in case the girls were abducted there, chances were high that the perpetrators would run into someone else while dragging them through the narrow path. No one saw that either.)

That vision leaves the family with one possible exit from the track, and that is through the small quebradas, the first one where the picture of Kris was taken, or the second one where no picture was made - and the father wonders why not.
    Culebre is written. Not Culubre. There's no confusion about which river.

Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast