MN MN - St Paul, GRAPHIC, WhtMale 20-40, UP12123, frozen in vacant bldg, layers of clothing, Feb'85

Houston Mom

Reaction score
This gentleman was found frozen in an empty apartment on Feb 7, 1985 in Minnesota. He is described as a white male, 71" tall, 180 lbs, and has uniquely brown curly hair. He has a recognizable face.

SIDE.jpg12123NAMUS.jpg

<MOD NOTE: Several original links throughout the thread were broken and have been edited to include the current link (when available) and images as of November 8, 2023>

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark Clarke was last seen in Dec 1, 1983. He is a white male, 69" tall, 155 lbs, and resembles the UID. At the time of his disappearance he was a transient. He has DNA available.

FROZENNCMARK.jpg

He definitely has a strong resemblance to the UID with the only exception I see being the lack of "uniquely brown curly hair". I don't know if the freezing temperature could cause his hair to curl like that? I know my normally straight-as-a-board hair tends to become wavy in humidity and moisture, but I don't know how much moisture there was where the UID was found.

I would mark this post with a *graphic* warning, JIC. :)

I had submitted Mark Weisman before I saw Mark Clark. Mark Weisman went missing from my territory, Harris County in March of 1981. At 67-70" and 145-169 lbs he sports the curly hair. Now looking back, his nose is too wide, EH?

WEISMAN.MN.jpg

Maybe Clarke had straightening product in his hair in the picture.

Also in the pic his hair is shorter. My hair is naturally very curly but is only a little wavy when it is about the length of the hair in the pic.

Also.. I'd think more along the lines that he's local, because otherwise why stay up here in the winter if you're homeless? Go south!

Maybe Clarke had straightening product in his hair in the picture.

Also in the pic his hair is shorter. My hair is naturally very curly but is only a little wavy when it is about the length of the hair in the pic.

But ya, I think you should submit him.

I had submitted Mark Weisman before I saw Mark Clark. Mark Weisman went missing from my territory, Harris County in March of 1981. At 67-70" and 145-169 lbs he sports the curly hair. Now looking back, his nose is too wide, EH?

I really don't think the nose is too wide at all, this is a very good potential match IMO! Consider also that this man's body was frozen and I would think that flesh shrinks when frozen? Also possible that the natural process would cause lack of fluidity, not to be gross but I really think this looks like the same guy. The tip of the nose is exact also. When did you submit him?

I really don't think the nose is too wide at all, this is a very good potential match IMO! Consider also that this man's body was frozen and I would think that flesh shrinks when frozen? Also possible that the natural process would cause lack of fluidity, not to be gross but I really think this looks like the same guy. The tip of the nose is exact also. When did you submit him?

I submitted Mark Weisman to Harris County Forensic and Mark Clarke to Ramsey County Medical Examiner within the last 24 hours. The waiting game begins.... Would love to see this man home by Christmas!!

Here is the facial reconstruction for "Minneapolis Mountain Man"

("Saint Paul Mountain Man" doesn't have the same ring)

770cb398-94dc-4665-8fa8-ab2179d13245.jpg

OH MY, OH MY, While researching L'Abri Fellowship which was the organization Mark Clarke joined, I discovered they have a headquarters in Minnesota. I will be looking more into this connection and report back.

It is about 80 miles from L'Abri in Rochester to St. Paul, MN

Saint Paul to Rochester

I just got the chills sleuthers, the Minnesota L'Abri location holds a conference every year. Here is the clincher: "For the past 20 years the Rochester L'Abri has hosted an annual L'Abri Conference in Rochester, Minnesota every February". FEBRUARY!!!!

OOOPS, 1985 is almost 30 years ago......

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back