999 users online (184 members and 815 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mother on child's accused killer: ‘I trusted him’
    Posted: Sep 05, 2014 10:26 PM CST Updated: Sep 06, 2014 12:36 AM CST
    Written by Craig Huber - Written by Danielle Miller

[...]

"I don't know why. That's what I would like to ask him – why Bella?" Grogan said.

Grogan said Rector had been close with the family for years, even watching the girls several times in the past.

"I trusted him with my life. My children are my life, and now one of them is gone and they want to take the other one from me," Grogan said.

Grogan said Rector never showed signs of aggression until recently. She said his ex-girlfriend recently filed police reports accusing him of strangling her pets.

"Something triggered in his head, and he just got off on strangling, I guess. He strangled my daughter to death. That's how she died," Grogan said.

"Every time you look up in the night and you see a star, that's Bella. She's a shining star and she'll always be my shining star," Grogan said.
    Mother of murdered girl says she's being unfairly criticized
    By Jacqui Heinrich. CREATED 1:37 AM

[...]

Now, the girl's mother is speaking to Action News, saying she is being unfairly criticized by the community and bullied online.

"I'm not a monster. All these people that are coming at me with this, please stop and let me grieve about my daughter. Leave me alone," said Tania Grogan through her tears.

[...]

The family is asking for privacy after Grogan's criminal history came to light, involving charges of drugs, shoplifting and lying to police.

[...]

"CPS is starting a case where it's neglect in the death of a child," she said. "I never once was a suspect and I never did anything wrong."
    Last edited by bessie; 09-06-2014 at 03:16 PM.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

‘I’m a great mother’: Mom of murdered girl, friends say she’s been unfairly maligned
    Posted: Sunday, September 7, 2014 12:25 am | Updated: 12:38 am, Sun Sep 7, 2014.
    By JULIE FAIRMAN News West

BULLHEAD CITY — Tania Grogan drove to Kingman on Saturday to ask Justin Rector a question.

“I wanted to ask him why he did it, what did Bella do,” she said.

Grogan is the mother of 8-year-old Isabella Grogan-Cannella, whose body was found in a shallow grave Wednesday, about 36 hours after she’d been reported missing. Rector, a friend who was staying with the family when the girl disappeared, is in the Mohave County jail awaiting a preliminary hearing on charges of first-degree murder and kidnapping.

Grogan never got the chance to ask her question. “He already had a visit, so I wasn’t able to go in,” she said, adding that she’s not giving up. “I’m going to try and get a confession out of him.

[...]

Surrounded by friends and family, Grogan met with the Mohave Valley Daily News on Saturday evening to respond to negative comments about her on social media and other websites.

“Right now everybody’s just talking out their a--,” she said. “They don’t know what’s going on.
    Much more at the link with comments from family and friends. Definitely worth a read.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

http://www.mohavedailynews.com/news/...0ec8534d4.html

Meth binge preceded girl’s slaying: Suspect in 8-year-old’s death told police he had spent all day smoking
    By DK McDONALD The Daily News | Posted 3 hours ago

On Sept. 4 nearly 100 items were removed from the home by police as evidence, according to the search warrant, including a pair of girls panties found on the exterior west wall of the home. Other items of clothing seized included a dark gray T-shirt with bleach stains found in an outdoor recycle bin, a black zip-up hoodie found in a trash container in the driveway of the home and a pair of blue jeans with a flower print found in a trash bag. Police also seized a white trash bag containing paper towels with brown stains, as well as all bed linens from Grogan-Cannella’s bed and a portion cut out of a mattress from inside the home.

So no cameras today and it appears the lab results aren't back yet...

Deputy Mohave County Attorney Greg McPhillips has 60 days from today to decide whether to seek the death penalty against Rector. That decision won’t be made until lab results are back.

http://www.mohavedailynews.com/news/...92ebeada4.html

PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Man pleads not guilty in AZ girl's abduction, killing

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/26580...uction-killing

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2