AZ - Isabella Grogan-Cannella Media Links, Timeline, and Images ***NO DISCUSSION***

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Police Searching for Missing Girl
Added Sep 2, 2014

Isabella-300x231.jpg

Isabella Neveah Grogan-Cannella

The Bullhead City Police Department is searching for a missing child. On Tuesday, September 2, at approximately 1:30 a.m., police were called to the 2400 block of Lakeside Drive. The residents there reported that 8-year-old Isabella Neveah Grogan-Cannella was not in her bed or anywhere in the residence.

Police have been canvassing the neighborhood since early this morning and are still conducting numerous interviews.

Missing Child
Posted: Tuesday, September 2, 2014 1:30 pm - Updated: 12:56 pm, Thu Sep 4, 2014.

Isabella is around 4’8″ tall, approximately 80 to 90 pounds with shoulder length dirty blond hair and blue eyes. She was last seen wearing a green ruffled sparkly tank top and dark colored shorts. She is also possibly barefoot.

If anyone has any information, please contact the Bullhead City Police Department immediately at 928-763-1999.

Isabella "Bella" Grogan-Cannella, 8, Missing In Arizona
AP
Posted: 09/03/2014 3:08 pm EDT Updated: 1 hour ago

BULLHEAD CITY, Ariz. (AP) — Authorities are scouring northwestern Arizona in search of an 8-year-old girl reported missing from her home.

Police, firefighters and volunteers are canvassing Bullhead City neighborhoods, nearby parks and river areas to look for Isabella "Bella" Grogan-Cannella. Police were called to her home early Tuesday when the girl's family couldn't find her in the house.

Investigation of missing Bullhead City girl a criminal matter
Posted September 3, 2014 - 10:28am
By DAVE HAWKINS - SPECIAL TO THE LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

KINGMAN, Ariz. — More than 100 personnel are searching Wednesday for an 8-year-old girl who is still missing from her home in Bullhead City.

Police spokeswoman Emily Fromelt said the investigation of the disappearance of Isabella Grogan-Cannella is now considered a criminal matter because the girl has vanished without a trace.

Search continues for missing girl: Authorities scour neighborhood for 8-year-old
Posted: Wednesday, September 3, 2014 5:03 am
By DK McDONALD and JULIE FAIRMAN News West

[...]

“This incident does not meet the criteria for an Amber Alert,” said Fromelt. “Police do not have any information that an abduction occurred. According to Amber Alert, they have strict guidelines because issuing alerts in the absence of significant information that an abduction has occurred could lead to abuse of the system and ultimately weaken its effectiveness.”

It is possible the girl left the home on her own, although detectives haven’t reached any conclusion regarding her disappearance. According to neighbors, Isabella had been seen Monday night playing hide-and-seek in the neighborhood before going home.

Bullhead City girl
By Krista Hostetler. CREATED Sep 3, 2014

Bullhead City, AZ (KTNV) -- Arizona authorities held a press conference on Wednesday evening, regarding the disappearance of a missing 8-year-old girl.

Bullhead City police were called to the home of Isabella Grogan-Cannella about 1:30 a.m. Tuesday. Her family said "Bella" wasn't in her bed or anywhere in the house. Bullhead City Fire Department personnel joined with police and volunteers to canvas the neighborhood and nearby park and river areas.
Bullhead City police: Body found near site of girl’s disappearance
Posted September 3, 2014 - 10:28am - Updated September 3, 2014 - 8:54pm
By RICARDO TORRES and ANNALISE LITTLE - LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

BULLHEAD CITY, Ariz. — Bullhead City police on Wednesday announced that a body had been found near the residence where 8-year-old Isabella Grogan-Cannella went missing early Tuesday morning.

A tracking unit discovered the body about noon in the area of Chaparral and Newberry drives. The location is about a mile from the residence in the 24oo block of Lakeside Drive where the girl was discovered missing, Bullhead City Police Chief Brian Williamson said.

The body has not yet been identified, Williamson said.

Police search for Ariz. girl, 8, missing from home
ByCrimesider StaffCBS/AP September 3, 2014, 3:47 PM

[...]

The FBI and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children have been called in to assist in the search, reports the station.

Authorities say Isabella is 4 feet, 8 inches tall, weighs about 85 pounds and has shoulder-length dark blonde hair and blue eyes.

She was last seen wearing a green, ruffled, sparkly tank top and dark shorts and possibly is barefoot.

Isabella ‘Bella’ Grogan-Cannella Missing: Dead Body Found as Police Arrest Justin James Rector
By Associated Press | September 4, 2014

Police in Bullhead City said Thursday that a body found near the home is that of Isabella “Bella” Grogan-Cannella. They say a shallow grave was discovered Wednesday by a search and rescue team.
Cops: Arrest made after missing Ariz. girl found dead
ByCrimesider StaffCBS/AP September 4, 2014, 3:24 PM

BULLHEAD CITY, Ariz. -- Police arrested a man Thursday in the disappearance and death of an 8-year-old Arizona girl whose body was discovered in a shallow grave near her home.

Justin James Rector, 26, is being held without bond at the Mohave County jail on murder and kidnapping charges.

Authorities have not said how Isabella "Bella" Grogan-Cannella died or whether the family knows Rector. Bullhead City police confirmed Thursday that her body was found the day before. They planned to release more details about the case at a news conference later Thursday.

Family friend, 26, 'snatched eight-year-old girl in the middle of the night as he stayed at her home before murdering her and dumping her body in shallow grave'
By Lydia Warren for MailOnline
Published: 19:51 EST, 3 September 2014 | Updated: 06:29 EST, 5 September 2014

A 26-year-old man snatched an eight-year-old girl in the middle of the night as he stayed at her family's home - before murdering her and leaving her body in a shallow grave, police have said.

Justin James Rector was arrested on kidnapping and first-degree murder charges on Thursday morning after the body of Bella Grogan-Cannella was found in Bullhead City, Arizona on Wednesday.

At a press conference on Thursday, Police Chief Brian Williamson would not reveal how Bella died or if she had been sexually assaulted. He said they are still trying to determine a motive for the murder.

Man arrested in death of missing Arizona girl
The Republic - azcentral.com 9:08 a.m. MST September 5, 2014

Investigators first learned of Rector's potential role in Isabella's disappearance and murder from her 10-year-old sister, according to court documents.

The girl, whose name is redacted throughout the report, told investigators that she and Isabella were at their mother's home playing hide-and-seek with Rector on Monday. The older girl said she went to the restroom at some point and when she came out, Rector and Isabella were gone, according to court records.

The girls' mother returned home with friends and contacted police early Tuesday morning after she could not find Isabella, according to court documents.

read more ............. http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...city/15072651/
Suspect charged in girl’s death
Posted: Friday, September 5, 2014 12:45 am - Updated: 12:50 am, Fri Sep 5, 2014.
By JULIE FAIRMAN and DK McDONALD News West

[...]

“Several people were living at the house and staying at the house at that time,” said Williamson. “I do not have a list of all those names with me.” He did say that Child Protective Services is involved in the case.

[...]

“Bella’s sister did not hear any yelling or any kind of disturbance,” he said.

“(She) told police that the last time she saw Bella was about 11:30 p.m. on Monday when she went to the bathroom,” said Williamson. “Her sister reported Bella was with Rector. When she came out of the bathroom, they were gone.”

The sister also told the Daily News that Rector later texted messages to the family indicating that he had Grogan-Cannella and asking what they were going to do about it.

Autopsy reveals 8-year-old Isabella (Bella) Grogan-Cannella died of strangulation
BY Nina Golgowski - NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Friday, September 5, 2014, 3:09 PM

The 8-year-old girl whose body was found buried in a shallow grave not far from her Arizona home was strangled to death, an autopsy report has found.
Grogan-Cannella strangled, ME says
Posted: Thursday, September 4, 2014 10:07 am - Updated: 10:23 am, Fri Sep 5, 2014.
By JULIE FAIRMAN News West

BULLHEAD CITY — Isabella Grogan-Cannella was strangled, the Mohave County Medical Examiner said Friday morning.

[...]

Justin Rector, a friend of the family who was in the home at the time of Grogan-Cannella's disappearance, has been arrested and arraigned on charges of first degree murder and kidnapping. He is being held without bond and is due in court Sept. 12.

IBKl1Kz.jpg

FBI agents load boxes of evidence seized this morning at the home of Isabella Grogan-Cannella, the 8-year-old who went missing early Tuesday morning and whose body was found by searchers early Wednesday afternoon.
Report: Bullhead City girl strangled to death
The Republic | azcentral.com 11:39 a.m. MST September 5, 2014

Investigators released the cause of Isabella's death Friday morning and said she was asphyxiated by strangulation.

Detectives first learned of Rector's potential role in Isabella's disappearance and murder from her 10-year-old sister, according to court documents.

The girls' mother returned home with friends and contacted police early Tuesday morning after she could not find Isabella, according to court documents.
Man charged in killing of 8-year-old Arizona girl
Posted September 4, 2014 - 8:42am - Updated September 4, 2014 - 10:24pm

[...]

Shoe prints at the scene were a match for Rector, Williamson said.

“Inside the shallow grave detectives found the body of Isabella, who was still dressed with the same shirt as the night she disappeared,” a police affidavit said. “Isabella was also found with no shorts or underwear.”

Williamson declined to comment on Thursday when asked about the possibility of sexual assault. Williamson told reporters he was withholding case details because he did not want to compromise the integrity of the investigation. He also said that Child Protective Services is now involved with the family.

Hundreds at vigil for murdered Bullhead City girl
Posted: Sep 04, 2014 11:40 PM CST Updated: Sep 05, 2014 7:22 AM CST
By Greg Argos

BULLHEAD CITY, AZ (CBS5) - Hundreds of people from all over the Bullhead City area came to a site near where 8-year-old Isabella Grogan-Cannella's body was found to pay their respects Thursday night.

[...]

"She was a beautiful, very ambitious young lady and she didn't deserve this," Isabella's grandmother Toni Page said.

"All we can do is go on and wish for the best and have her in our prayer and our hearts the whole time. All these people are standing here for my granddaughter, and that's an awesome thing. It's a beautiful thing," she said.
Questions linger after 8-year-old's strangulation death
Laurie Roberts, columnist | azcentral.com 10:27 a.m. MST September 5, 2014

My question: why was this 26-year-old man living with Bella's family?

[...]

So who leaves a man like that alone with little girls? (Or anyone that you don't know really really well.)

Can't get the media to open on my phone....

Can someone kindly transcribe the 911 call?

(Dispatch)
(caller)

911, whats your emergency?
Yeah My daughters missing
Okay, how long ago did you see her?
Okay, about an hour, hour and a half ago we went to Walmart, me and my wife and then (unintelligible) her sister called us on the phone saying she couldn't find her sister so
Alright, give me your address
(address redacted)
What's your last name?
My last name is (redacted) but the babies name is Grogan-Cannella
And what is, how old is the missing person?
She is eight years old
And does she live there with you?
Yes
So you had her with you at Walmart and then she disappeared?
No, no, no, no She stayed at home with her sister and her mom getting ready for bed. Her sister and my mom getting ready for bed and when we got back she was already gone
You left and hour ago?
About an hour, hour and a half
And she was there at the lakeside house?
Yeah
Okay, and where was she when you last saw her?
She was getting ready for bed in the living room. Thats the last place I seen her
And so then thats when you left and went to Walmart?
Yes
Alright, and you said so the little girl was home with her grandma?
With her sister and her grandma, her grandma I believe is asleep, so
And how old is her sister
Her sister is 10
And what does your 10, what does your 10 year old sister say?
She said that shes not been able to find her. She says shes been looking for her but cant find her
Okay, what was she last seen wearing?
She was wearing, let me ask her sister for sure cause they like to change a lot
Mmmm, Hmmmm
What was Bella wearing when you seen her last time? (inaudible)
It was lime? It was a three tier yellow shirt, three layers, there was a little heart with sparkles on it. Was it on the chest? On the chest. There was a spaghetti strap T-Shirt (unintelligible)

And what colour shorts?
They were dark shorts
And have you checked all around the house?
Yeah I'm still looking all around the house
Okay, and you were gone....?
Me and her mother went to Walmart
And you said you were gone at Walmart for 90 minutes?
Yeah, about 90 minutes approximately, yeah
Is she your daughter?
Shes my step-daughter
And is it Isabella or Isabel?
Isabel. Ah no it's Isabella, sorry. We call her Bella for short
Where is the mom?
Shes upstairs right now. Shes pretty distraught
And does she live there too?
Yeah she does
Okay, I'm going to have units coming over there to see if we can assist you finding the child. Is there any place else where she might go?
I haven't the slightest clue. We have a giant park across the street from us and the soccer fields and all that. And there is a whole bunch of river access and stuff like that.
Okay, does she ever go down to the river?
She usually doesn't leave by herself, thats why its a little odd
Okay
Alright, we've got a couple units en route over there so they should be there to assist you shortly, okay?
Alright, thank you, bye bye

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2014/09/05/911-call-missing-isabella-grogan-cannella

just going to get snacks for the kids at Walmart

"Grogan says she left Isabella and her older sister upstairs with Folster's mother. She claims she did not even know Rector, a family friend, was in the home. Court records, however, state Grogan's two children were downstairs with Rector and three other friends. Grogan says she called police after searching for Isabella for more than 40 minutes. "

http://www.kpho.com/story/26461801/isabellas-mother-she-was-my-baby-she-was-my-world?autostart=true

Isabella Grogan-Cannella murdered: Mom wants answers from family friend charged in girl's death
By Navideh Forghani - ABC 15
3:13 PM, Sep 5, 2014

[...]

"I never could imagine that something like this could happen to me," Tonia Grogan, Isabella's mother told ABC15's Navideh Forghani Friday.

"Every night before bed, kiss your kids because you never know what will happen. You can lose them in a second," she said.

[...]

"He's part of our family," she said. He was invited to the house while the family had a barbecue.

The mother was told not to speak to the media about the case, she said, however, wanted to tell parents to cherish each moment with their children.

[...

She's also looking for answers from Rector and she doesn't plan on waiting until the trial.

"I'll look into his eyes and ask 'why did you do this? Why did you take away my only reason to live?'"

Isabella's mother: 'She was my baby. She was my world.'
Posted: Sep 05, 2014 5:30 PM CST Updated: Sep 05, 2014 5:50 PM CST
By Greg Argos

[...]

"I was looking everywhere for her - screaming her name. I couldn't find her," she said.

[...]

"I want (Rector) to feel the same way and hurt the same way that (Isabella) hurt. I want him to feel this pain. I want him to get the death penalty," said Grogan.

[...]

"Everyone is mad at me because they can't get a hold of me. I just got my cell phone back from the FBI. I just got it back. They had my car. They had my phone, and I had no problem giving it up," said Grogan, while saying she's been receiving death threats.

"I would lay down and die for my daughter. I would give anything just to hold her one last time. She was my baby. She was my world," she continued.

Thanks to MsMarple for the transcript.
Here's a transcript of the mom's interview:

The media's getting everything all twisted, I've been working... until three or four o'clock in the morning with the FBI.

I would never hurt my daughter, she was my world I would lay down and die for her.

My mother that's going on Nancy Grace, Toni Page - she was NEVER a mother!

I have made some bad choices in my life but I have never ever been, never ever able not to provide for my daughter, whether it'd be legal or not.

I know what's right and wrong, I barely have a bad background at all...

I loved my daughter with everything, and all of me and I would never hurt my daughter and now it's time for the media to know... that I had not done nothing wrong.

The person that is being charged with the..with my daughter's death is behind bars... and I'm going to be going to go visiting him because he will open up to me.

I want him to know... why he hurt Bella...

This is my daughter... and people need to leave me alone.

http://www.azcentral.com/videos/news/local/arizona/2014/09/05/15140399/

Mother on child's accused killer: ‘I trusted him’
Posted: Sep 05, 2014 10:26 PM CST Updated: Sep 06, 2014 12:36 AM CST
Written by Craig Huber - Written by Danielle Miller

[...]

"I don't know why. That's what I would like to ask him – why Bella?" Grogan said.

Grogan said Rector had been close with the family for years, even watching the girls several times in the past.

"I trusted him with my life. My children are my life, and now one of them is gone and they want to take the other one from me," Grogan said.

Grogan said Rector never showed signs of aggression until recently. She said his ex-girlfriend recently filed police reports accusing him of strangling her pets.

"Something triggered in his head, and he just got off on strangling, I guess. He strangled my daughter to death. That's how she died," Grogan said.

"Every time you look up in the night and you see a star, that's Bella. She's a shining star and she'll always be my shining star," Grogan said.
Mother of murdered girl says she's being unfairly criticized
By Jacqui Heinrich. CREATED 1:37 AM

[...]

Now, the girl's mother is speaking to Action News, saying she is being unfairly criticized by the community and bullied online.

"I'm not a monster. All these people that are coming at me with this, please stop and let me grieve about my daughter. Leave me alone," said Tania Grogan through her tears.

[...]

The family is asking for privacy after Grogan's criminal history came to light, involving charges of drugs, shoplifting and lying to police.

[...]

"CPS is starting a case where it's neglect in the death of a child," she said. "I never once was a suspect and I never did anything wrong."

‘I’m a great mother’: Mom of murdered girl, friends say she’s been unfairly maligned
Posted: Sunday, September 7, 2014 12:25 am | Updated: 12:38 am, Sun Sep 7, 2014.
By JULIE FAIRMAN News West

BULLHEAD CITY — Tania Grogan drove to Kingman on Saturday to ask Justin Rector a question.

“I wanted to ask him why he did it, what did Bella do,” she said.

Grogan is the mother of 8-year-old Isabella Grogan-Cannella, whose body was found in a shallow grave Wednesday, about 36 hours after she’d been reported missing. Rector, a friend who was staying with the family when the girl disappeared, is in the Mohave County jail awaiting a preliminary hearing on charges of first-degree murder and kidnapping.

Grogan never got the chance to ask her question. “He already had a visit, so I wasn’t able to go in,” she said, adding that she’s not giving up. “I’m going to try and get a confession out of him.

[...]

Surrounded by friends and family, Grogan met with the Mohave Valley Daily News on Saturday evening to respond to negative comments about her on social media and other websites.

“Right now everybody’s just talking out their a--,” she said. “They don’t know what’s going on.
Much more at the link with comments from family and friends. Definitely worth a read.

http://www.mohavedailynews.com/news/meth-binge-preceded-girl-s-slaying-suspect-in--year/article_7e4f3980-3f03-11e4-b1eb-b370ec8534d4.html

Meth binge preceded girl’s slaying: Suspect in 8-year-old’s death told police he had spent all day smoking
By DK McDONALD The Daily News | Posted 3 hours ago

On Sept. 4 nearly 100 items were removed from the home by police as evidence, according to the search warrant, including a pair of girls panties found on the exterior west wall of the home. Other items of clothing seized included a dark gray T-shirt with bleach stains found in an outdoor recycle bin, a black zip-up hoodie found in a trash container in the driveway of the home and a pair of blue jeans with a flower print found in a trash bag. Police also seized a white trash bag containing paper towels with brown stains, as well as all bed linens from Grogan-Cannella’s bed and a portion cut out of a mattress from inside the home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back