742 users online (161 members and 581 guests)  

Websleuths News

CA - Rhonda McClain, 41, found dead in bathtub, Apple Valley, 7 March 2011

http://www.pe.com/articles/release-7...er-stated.html

The investigation began on March 7, 2011, when at about 5:50 p.m. dispatch received a call from a man saying he found his girlfriend, 41-year-old Rhonda McClain, submerged and unconscious in the bathtub, a San Bernardino County sheriff's news release stated.

Deputies who reported to the scene were suspicious and called homicide investigators. An autopsy revealed the woman had Benadryl in her system and concluded the woman drowned.

More than three years later on Tuesday, Aug. 26, investigators interviewed the boyfriend, 50-year-old Raphael Ubaldo Chavez, and after the interview, they arrested him on suspicion of murder.
    http://www.vvng.com/physicians-assis...-local-mother/

A March 7, 2011 cold case of the murder of a beautiful, lively, fun-loving mother of two is finally is being brought to the forefront after the mother of the victim’s family plead with the detectives to take another look at her daughter’s case...

Rhonda had met Raphael at an appointment at the office where he had worked and after that the two had a year-long relationship. The family and friends of Rhonda felt that the relationship was immediately and totally controlled by Chavez. Rhonda had moved in with Chavez in March 2010, surprisingly sending the 5-year-old daughter whom she adored to live with her ex-husband, who lived about 40 minutes from her new home...

The family was aware, prior to her death that Chavez had been practicing his medical skills on her outside of the office by removing a tattoo on her finger and giving her steroid shots so she could gain weight. Adams said, “In Rhonda’s cell phone there is a message to her from Rafael where he states, “I don’t hate both of your children, just one of them.” The family... assumes he meant Brittany, her outspoken and confident adult daughter, since she was honest about her not-so-pleasant feelings about Chavez from the beginning of their relationship.

From October 2015:

http://www.vvng.com/apple-valley-phy...r-2011-murder/

Former Apple Valley physician’s assistant, Rafael Ubaldo Chavez, as part of an October 1st decision, will be held to stand trial for the 2011 murder of his then-girlfriend, Rhonda Desha McClain.

I am always grateful when the police take their time to build a solid case against these type of medical murderers who think they are too clever to be caught by mere LE. JMO.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1165452

Old article .... she died in 2011; he was charged in 2014, just now getting close to trial. I cannot find current info, though. What a nightmare this must be to her family.
    Last edited by Spellbound; 06-02-2017 at 03:07 PM.
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

Thanks again, CAGS. I just saw the article by the mom and was going. To post it here. It has a good review of what led to finally getting a proper investigation and arrest. Once again, a family had to do a lot of the work and a lot of pleading for a better investigation.

http://www.vvdailypress.com/article/...NEWS/150739942
    Article from 2015 .... sadder still, her mom has a brain tumor. I wonder how she is doing now. several more details about the death here.
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011