CA - Rhonda McClain, 41, found dead in bathtub, Apple Valley, 7 March 2011

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
f3d38e9f-c7e5-4d4e-a098-245cc7cc896b_zps3e5de775.jpg

http://www.pe.com/articles/release-749040-murder-stated.html

The investigation began on March 7, 2011, when at about 5:50 p.m. dispatch received a call from a man saying he found his girlfriend, 41-year-old Rhonda McClain, submerged and unconscious in the bathtub, a San Bernardino County sheriff's news release stated.

Deputies who reported to the scene were suspicious and called homicide investigators. An autopsy revealed the woman had Benadryl in her system and concluded the woman drowned.

More than three years later on Tuesday, Aug. 26, investigators interviewed the boyfriend, 50-year-old Raphael Ubaldo Chavez, and after the interview, they arrested him on suspicion of murder.

http://www.vvng.com/physicians-assistant-arrested-on-the-2011-murder-of-local-mother/

A March 7, 2011 cold case of the murder of a beautiful, lively, fun-loving mother of two is finally is being brought to the forefront after the mother of the victim’s family plead with the detectives to take another look at her daughter’s case...

Rhonda had met Raphael at an appointment at the office where he had worked and after that the two had a year-long relationship. The family and friends of Rhonda felt that the relationship was immediately and totally controlled by Chavez. Rhonda had moved in with Chavez in March 2010, surprisingly sending the 5-year-old daughter whom she adored to live with her ex-husband, who lived about 40 minutes from her new home...

The family was aware, prior to her death that Chavez had been practicing his medical skills on her outside of the office by removing a tattoo on her finger and giving her steroid shots so she could gain weight. Adams said, “In Rhonda’s cell phone there is a message to her from Rafael where he states, “I don’t hate both of your children, just one of them.” The family... assumes he meant Brittany, her outspoken and confident adult daughter, since she was honest about her not-so-pleasant feelings about Chavez from the beginning of their relationship.

I am always grateful when the police take their time to build a solid case against these type of medical murderers who think they are too clever to be caught by mere LE. JMO.

Thanks again, CAGS. I just saw the article by the mom and was going. To post it here. It has a good review of what led to finally getting a proper investigation and arrest. Once again, a family had to do a lot of the work and a lot of pleading for a better investigation.

http://www.vvdailypress.com/article/20150731/NEWS/150739942
Article from 2015 .... sadder still, her mom has a brain tumor. I wonder how she is doing now. several more details about the death here.

I am Rhonda's mom. It's been a difficult road that our family has had to tread and, unfortunately, it's not over yet. There has been one continuance after another, plus several changes in ADA's. God willing, we are set to (finally) go to trial on June 18, 2018. In view of the time lapse since his arrest (August 2014), I am greatly concerned as to its outcome. He made (1 million dollar) bail 4 days after his arrest and has been a free man all this time. I want to thank everyone for their kind words, and for concern over me and the wretched tumor. I am pleased to say that I had brain surgery on January 17, 2017 and am now tumor free. Please continue to pray for our family as we strive to bring an end to all of this.

I am Rhonda's mom. It's been a difficult road that our family has had to tread and, unfortunately, it's not over yet. There has been one continuance after another, plus several changes in ADA's. God willing, we are set to (finally) go to trial on June 18, 2018. In view of the time lapse since his arrest (August 2014), I am greatly concerned as to its outcome. He made (1 million dollar) bail 4 days after his arrest and has been a free man all this time. I want to thank everyone for their kind words, and for concern over me and the wretched tumor. I am pleased to say that I had brain surgery on January 17, 2017 and am now tumor free. Please continue to pray for our family as we strive to bring an end to all of this.

I am so very sorry for your loss! Prayers and love to you, your family and all who loved her.

I am so sorry for all that you have had to endure but I thank God you are now tumor free. I will lift you and your family up in prayer.

Sent from my Z798BL using Tapatalk

Yea, he does, and I am nothing but thrilled by it. He is facing a 25 year sentence from the workman's comp fraud so, one way or another, he IS going away!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back