Canada - Donovan Clubb, 22 mos, Chatham ON, 28 June 2005

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
The Ontario Provincial Police have issued an amber alert for 22-month-old Donovan Gordon Clubb, who is missing from his home in Chatham, Ont.

The child was last seen Tuesday, June 28 and is believed to have been taken by Shawn Tyler Palmer. The suspect could be headed for Barrie, Ontario, according to police.

mysteriew said:
The Ontario Provincial Police have issued an amber alert for 22-month-old Donovan Gordon Clubb, who is missing from his home in Chatham, Ont.

The child was last seen Tuesday, June 28 and is believed to have been taken by Shawn Tyler Palmer. The suspect could be headed for Barrie, Ontario, according to police.
Is Palmer a non custodial parent or do we know? I hope this child turns up safe.

All I know is the article that I posted. I will watch to see if I see anything else come up.

Chatham and Barrie are not far from me.... hope they find this little guy.

awww...what a cute little guy:(

They have a good discription of the man who he is believed to be with, so I have to assume that somebody in the family knows him.

Missing boy still not found

CANADIAN PRESS
Jul. 2, 2005

KITCHENER — Police have arrested a man wanted in connection with an Amber Alert — but they still haven't found the missing toddler.
Shawn Palmer was arrested by Kitchener police late last night.

Investigators suspect 2-year-old Donovan Clubb was kidnapped from his home on Thursday.

Police say Palmer is the boyfriend of the missing child's mother.

Palmer is now in the custody of Chatham-Kent police.

The missing child was the focus of an Amber Alert on Thursday night and Friday morning.

Police are still trying to locate the toddler and aren't certain if another alert will be issued.

Amber Alerts are issued when a police believe a missing child is in serious danger.

Police ask anyone with information to call the Chatham-Kent police dedicated tip line at 519-380-6024 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1120305652693&call_pageid=968256289824&col=968342212737

Good Old Chatham, just 20 mins from my house. You never really expect things like this to happen so close.
For the record, this Palmer guy wasn't Donovan's biological father. And the last I heard, they just wanted to talk to him, they have no evidence proving he was even involved. If that has changed, just post it, I haven't watched the news since yesterday.
Prayers go to his young mother, she is only 21. Poor woman, she said that he was all she had. I hope this case has a happy ending.

The Waterloo Regional Police said the body of a small child was discovered very early Sunday in a wooded area of Cambridge, about 80 kilometres southwest of Toronto.

"Those human remains, we believe to be that of Donovan Clubb," Insp. Bryan Larkin told a news conference, adding that further tests had to be completed before the child's identity could be confirmed.

"We're awaiting some expert medical forensic work."

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2005/07/03/chatham-boy050703.html

http://pub2.bravenet.com/news/92920030/48933/1

Oh thats terrible :(

Donny's mom broke it off with this guy.. he was not donny's Dad :(

How terrible. Prayers for little Donny and his mother, Courtney.

They showed his real father on the news, and he hasn't seen his son in months. He wonders why she would let the boyfriend take him places, but he wasn't allowed to see him at all. What I want to know is how she didn't realize he was missing until 10am (or so I was told). Did Palmer just not bring him home, or did he come back and take him. If the latter was the case, how did she not hear him leave, or how she slept so late. I have never heard of a 22month old boy sleeping until 10am. JMO

On the news last night they showed the area where he was buried. It appeared that there was a fire there recently. They haven't released how he died yet, but it looks like Palmer burned his body after.

Oh, that little baby was so precious. I would like to kill that killer with my bare hands.

Who in the world takes a 22 month old baby on a fishing trip????????? At his age babies are all over the place and as busy as bees. I don't buy the fishing trip.

Did the mom give that creep permission to take Donny fishing? Was he watching Donny while she was somewhere or what? If the mom had broken up with the creep what was he doing with her son? Lots of questions about this case. So much was left unexplained.

I wonder why there was a court order against the dad so that he couldn't see his baby?

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2006/03/06/shawn-palmer060306.html

Last Updated: Monday, March 6, 2006 | 7:46 PM ET

Man pleads guilty to death of toddler

A man has pleaded guilty in the slaying last summer of his then girlfriend's 22-month-old son, whose body was found in a wooded area in southwestern Ontario.
Shawn Palmer was also sentenced in a Kitchener court on Monday to 13 years in jail. He pleaded guilty to manslaughter and committing an indignity to a dead body in the death of toddler Donny Clubb.

(under photo of Donny)Toddler Donny Clubb's body was found in the woods. (CP photo)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back