1370 users online (223 members and 1147 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

CA - Sergio Zepeda, 6, San Jose, 6 September 2014

Sergio Zepeda

San Jose police search for missing autistic boy

SAN JOSE, Calif. —
    San Jose Police Department on Saturday afternoon were asking for the public's help finding a missing autistic 6-year-old boy who is considered at risk. At approximately 9 a.m., the mother of 6-year-old Sergio Zepeda said her son went missing from their residence located at 2920 Rorty Drive in San Jose. Sergio is autistic and non-verbal. San Jose Police having been working with the family in an attempt to locate young Sergio.
    http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/local/...isk-boy/nhHJ6/
    Last edited by los2188; 09-06-2014 at 06:51 PM.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Oh no, still missing. I had hoped when I clicked on this it would say he had been found.

Autistic and non verbal = he needs an angel to help him get back home! Hope this little guy is safe and they find him soon.

I can't imagine what his parents are going through. Is it just me or do there seem to be a lot of autistic children who go missing are found in water? I think that's the first place I'd focus on. I really hope they find this poor boy soon

Quote Originally Posted by Ragamuffin View Post
    I can't imagine what his parents are going through. Is it just me or do there seem to be a lot of autistic children who go missing are found in water? I think that's the first place I'd focus on. I really hope they find this poor boy soon
    Just a lot of autistic kids going missing in general, IMO...
    Just my opinion, of course.

I wish there was an update somewhere. It's night time now

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Just a lot of autistic kids going missing in general, IMO...
    It's called "eloping". Easily the most worrisome behavior I see (I work with kids on the spectrum), even more so than self injury or aggression...because it's the most dangerous and difficult to correct.

I'll be following this story closely.

awww, I HATE these cases when they involve autistic kids. We get so many tragic endings.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

An adult brother of little Sergio told KTVU the family is concerned about the possible involvement of the child's father, Sergio Zepeda Sr. A criminal background check finds the father has a long rap sheet dating back almost 20 years.

Relatives say Zepeda Sr. has no custody rights, and may have resurfaced in his son’s life.

Police officers have apparently been searching San Jose homeless encampments he is known to frequent, on the chance he is there with his missing son.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/local/...isk-boy/nhHJ6/

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

FOUND {safe}.

Just saw this on the SJPD police website via FB.

"At approximately 4:13 A.M. this morning SJPD "911" Communication Center received a call from a male who was living in a homeless encampment in the area of Lewis Road and Monterey Road. The male subject said 6 year old Sergio stumbled into his homeless encampment where several people were staying. The male and others called police and provided food and shelter to Sergio until police arrived and took custody of Sergio."

http://www.sjpd.org/iNews/viewPressRelease.asp?ID=1909

Backstory to the area: Silicon Valley is one of the wealthiest areas yet nestled in/near it is a HUGE homeless encampment with hundreds/thousands of occupants. Some doctors volunteer their time and walk through helping people in need as many of the residents there don't voluntarily find help I any kind- medical, housing, etc. Usually these residents keep to themselves but it's shocking just how close this area is to the hustle and bustle of Silicon Valley, yet it's pretty much out of sight.

'At 4:13 a.m. Sunday, a man called police, saying Sergio had stumbled into a homeless encampment near Lewis and Monterey roads where he and other people were living, said Officer Albert Morales, a department spokeswoman.

The transients provided food and shelter for the boy until officers arrived, Morales said.'

http://m.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/...ss-5739705.php
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

Good im so glad he was found!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast