699 users online (85 members and 614 guests)  

Websleuths News

NY - Concetta Russo-Carriero, 56, slain, White Plains, 29 June 2005

The suspect in the killing of a 56-year-old woman at a shopping mall garage is a homeless convicted rapist who was being bused every day between White Plains and a Westchester County overnight shelter, officials said yesterday.

Phillip Grant, 43, was charged with second-degree murder and weapon possession in Wednesday's knife attack on Concetta Russo, 56, on the seventh level of the city-owned parking garage at the Galleria mall. If convicted, he could be sentenced to up to 25 years to life in prison.

The middle-of-the-day killing prompted worry about the safety of the mall -- "where our daughters go to park and shop," Pirro said -- and was quickly worked into at least two political campaigns because of Grant's 1980 conviction for a Bronx rape and his status as a high-level sex offender.

http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/index....100.xml&coll=1
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    The suspect in the killing of a 56-year-old woman at a shopping mall garage is a homeless convicted rapist who was being bused every day between White Plains and a Westchester County overnight shelter, officials said yesterday.

Phillip Grant, 43, was charged with second-degree murder and weapon possession in Wednesday's knife attack on Concetta Russo, 56, on the seventh level of the city-owned parking garage at the Galleria mall. If convicted, he could be sentenced to up to 25 years to life in prison.

The middle-of-the-day killing prompted worry about the safety of the mall -- "where our daughters go to park and shop," Pirro said -- and was quickly worked into at least two political campaigns because of Grant's 1980 conviction for a Bronx rape and his status as a high-level sex offender.

http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/index....100.xml&coll=1
    Pirro for President!
    I like the way this woman thinks--- I read further in your link that she is running for office and is tired of liberals worrying more about the criminals and not the victims.

I think it is awful that they shuttle homeless sex-offenders into the city every day and drop them off.

From September 2006:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/19/ny...9homeless.html

A homeless black man who stabbed a white woman to death, saying that he wanted to start a race war, was sentenced on Monday to 25 years to life in prison, the maximum imposed on a charge of murder as a hate crime...

On June 29, 2005, according to court testimony, he crouched in a stairwell at a garage, by the Galleria shopping mall in White Plains, and waited until he spotted his victim, Concetta Russo-Carriero, a 56-year-old paralegal walking alone to her car during a lunch break. He plunged a steak knife into her chest twice and so deeply that the blade cut through her heart.