1345 users online (208 members and 1137 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    SteveS is offline Attention: All my comments are IMO JMO MOO AFAIK etc
    So far, the location where they found the skull is weirdly reported. Undoubtedly riddled with huge inaccuracy.

The info they've given says, via various reports, that the location is (a) in Holladay TN, (b) in the part of Holladay that's in Decatur Co, not in Benton Co, and (c) 10, 11, or about/less than 15 miles from the Adams property.

Unless we (or I) have locations badly bolluxed, that set of facts does not appear possible. One or more of those "facts" are simply wrong.

Here's a rough sketch of the geography, and it's easy to see quickly how wrong it is.

BENTON County

* Holladay TN town

_________________ county line dividing Benton and Decatur Co
    * Adams home, approx 1 mile S of county line, and about 5 mi each way from
    extreme borders E and W of Decatur Co

* Parsons TN
    DECATUR Co

If the skull was found in Decatur Co and 10-15 miles from the Adams property, you have to go South, and by a considerable distance. Holladay (the town area) is about 5 mi NW as the crow flies, and Adams is only maybe a mile from the Benton Co line. You can't go N/NE/NW from Adams and be in Decatur Co (the limits are something like 1 mi N, 5 mi NE, 5 mi NW)

It's about 12.5 mis to Parsons (town area) from Adams. Locations going S/SE/SW that far are not likely to be described as in Holladay.

If we can trust the description as being in Holladay but also in Decatur Co, then it's way more likely that it's only 3-4 miles from Adams, or maybe even much closer. If instead the "10-15 miles away" is true, then if it's in Decatur Co it has to be way south, and could even be in the rough vicinity of the Bobo home.

In time I'm sure we'll get something better.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenbear View Post
    If the skull has teeth it would take only 1-3 hours to establish identity if its Holly.

The skull may not have dental, goldenbear... HB's dental record is on file @NAMUS
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/10305

Matt Gerien @MattGerienFox13 · 2h

The sheriff tells me investigators could be on the scene in Decatur County for days.

Matt Gerien @MattGerienFox13 · 2h

The Decatur County Sheriff tells me "We have no reason to believe this is Holly Bobo's body and we have no reason to believe it's not."

https://twitter.com/willnunley

I believe the skull was located at this County Corner Rd.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Adam...9!2d35.8204882

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    I believe the skull was located at this County Corner Rd.

Using yellow springs and bible hill rds shorten the drive somewhat and as the crow flies the location you suspect and mark on teh map is a mere 6.5 miles from the Adams property.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Quote Originally Posted by tlcya View Post
    Using yellow springs and bible hill rds shorten the drive somewhat and as the crow flies the location you suspect and mark on teh map is a mere 6.5 miles from the Adams property.
    I think the shortest route is 12.2 miles, tlyca.. adding the two blue segments on each end to the gray segment..

The skull may not have dental, goldenbear... HB's dental record is on file @NAMUS
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/10305
    I am just coming back on line and when I received a PM about Holly my heart jumped.

I am afraid the mandible is probably gone after this length of time. It detaches from the skull very easily as it goes through decomposition.

And that is what is needed if the are going to try and identify Holly by her teeth.

I am sure they are scouring everywhere looking for just one tooth that may have been scattered by wild animals.

I am not sure how else they can ID the skull if they do not have the teeth. Of course they can tell the approximate age maybe and the race and if it seems to be a female or a male.

Are there others who are missing in this area if you know, Foxfire?

While it still breaks my heart that Holly is gone maybe this is the beginning where Holly's family can have some semblance of peace knowing even part of their precious daughter has been found. It reminds me of John Walsh only have the head of Adam but at least he did have that so he could bury him properly.

I really hope they can find other parts of the remains that are probably really scattered in a large wide area after this length of time. I can certainly see why they will be there for days.

But if not Holly then some other family will have answers as to what happened to their loved one.

May God be with the entire Bobo family as they wait for answers.

IMO
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

I think the shortest route is 12.2 miles, tlyca.. adding the two blue segments on each end to the gray segment..

here is the route I was picturing:

Head west on Adams Ln toward TN-69 N 0.1 mi

Turn right onto TN-69 N 1.1 mi

Take the 2nd left onto Spence Store Loop 0.3 mi

Turn right onto Hohammer Rd 2.9 mi

Turn right onto Yellow Spring Rd 1.5 mi

Turn right onto Bible Hill Rd/Holladay Rd 0.1 mi

Take the 1st left onto County Corner Rd 1.0 mi

County Corner Rd

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Adam...204882!3e0!5i1

6.9 miles a 22 minute drive.

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    I am just coming back on line and when I received a PM about Holly my heart jumped.

I am afraid the mandible is probably gone after this length of time. It detaches from the skull very easily as it goes through decomposition.

And that is what is needed if the are going to try and identify Holly by her teeth.

I am sure they are scouring everywhere looking for just one tooth that may have been scattered by wild animals.

I am not sure how else they can ID the skull if they do not have the teeth. Of course they can tell the approximate age maybe and the race and if it seems to be a female or a male.

Are there others who are missing in this area if you know, Foxfire?

While it still breaks my heart that Holly is gone maybe this is the beginning where Holly's family can have some semblance of peace knowing even part of their precious daughter has been found. It reminds me of John Walsh only have the head of Adam but at least he did have that so he could bury him properly.

I really hope they can find other parts of the remains that are probably really scattered in a large wide area after this length of time. I can certainly see why they will be there for days.

But if not Holly then some other family will have answers as to what happened to their loved one.

May God be with the entire Bobo family as they wait for answers.

IMO
    What about the maxillary teeth?? The maxilla is also known as the upper jaw.
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Anxiety is the cousin visiting from out of town that depression felt obligated to bring to the party.

It is strange that there is no dental with the skull, right? Or is that usual?
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    So far, the location where they found the skull is weirdly reported. Undoubtedly riddled with huge inaccuracy.

The info they've given says, via various reports, that the location is (a) in Holladay TN, (b) in the part of Holladay that's in Decatur Co, not in Benton Co, and (c) 10, 11, or about/less than 15 miles from the Adams property.

Unless we (or I) have locations badly bolluxed, that set of facts does not appear possible. One or more of those "facts" are simply wrong.

Here's a rough sketch of the geography, and it's easy to see quickly how wrong it is.

BENTON County

* Holladay TN town

_________________ county line dividing Benton and Decatur Co
    * Adams home, approx 1 mile S of county line, and about 5 mi each way from
    extreme borders E and W of Decatur Co

* Parsons TN
    DECATUR Co

If the skull was found in Decatur Co and 10-15 miles from the Adams property, you have to go South, and by a considerable distance. Holladay (the town area) is about 5 mi NW as the crow flies, and Adams is only maybe a mile from the Benton Co line. You can't go N/NE/NW from Adams and be in Decatur Co (the limits are something like 1 mi N, 5 mi NE, 5 mi NW)

It's about 12.5 mis to Parsons (town area) from Adams. Locations going S/SE/SW that far are not likely to be described as in Holladay.

If we can trust the description as being in Holladay but also in Decatur Co, then it's way more likely that it's only 3-4 miles from Adams, or maybe even much closer. If instead the "10-15 miles away" is true, then if it's in Decatur Co it has to be way south, and could even be in the rough vicinity of the Bobo home.

In time I'm sure we'll get something better.
    Isn't the community where the Adam's property is located called Holladay?

I may have it wrong though.
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    It is strange that there is no dental with the skull, right? Or is that usual?
    No, it is more unusual for the mandible to still be attached to the skull.

Once the jaw muscles/tendons/tissue deteriorates the mandible will fall away from the skull itself.

However; if this is Holly it wouldn't surprise me in the least that these monsters removed all of her teeth before she was discarded.

It also wouldn't surprise me if her head was discarded in one place and the rest of her remains may have been put elsewhere in other locations.

initial reports were sketchy. More info on the alleged site of discovery is coming out now and should provide clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    No, it is more unusual for the mandible to still be attached to the skull.

Once the jaw muscles/tendons/tissue deteriorates the mandible will fall away from the skull itself.

However; if this is Holly it wouldn't surprise me in the least that these monsters removed all of her teeth before she was discarded.

It also wouldn't surprise me if her head was discarded in one place and the rest of her remains may have been put elsewhere in other locations
    BBM I agree with both these. Which is why I hope that if the rest or at least more of the remains are not found in that area of skull location and this is determined to be Holly or they are unable to rule her out, they need to search along the driving routes from the Adams property and the location of skull find.

Quote Originally Posted by Suthrnqt View Post
    What about the maxillary teeth?? The maxilla is also known as the upper jaw.
    Yes, since it is the mandible that is hinged it will fall away but the maxillary may still be in place.

But after death the teeth even the maxillary teeth will usually loosen with time from the skull and fall away.

Imo, about the only chance they have of finding teeth after this long is if they go over a large area with a fine sifter.

Although all it takes is one tooth to still be attached. So I hope it is a miracle and at least one of the teeth are still there or in the area.

IMO

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast