1345 users online (254 members and 1091 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    JudyBolton is offline In memory: My dear friend Martha Mickel, kidnapped & murdered by Curtis Tyner.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    I think that when the TBI downplayed the idea that this is Bobo, it was simply a statement of fact and not an attempt to manage expectations. This discovery may have nothing to do with Holly Bobo.

In Decatur Co alone, Holly is only one of 3 that they are looking for. And this skull site is right at the intersection of 4 counties, so for geographical proximity it could as easily have been a case of a missing deceased from Benton, Carroll, or Henderson county. If each county has 3 missing of their own, that makes it better than a 90% chance it is NOT Holly, and certainly nothing limits it from being a farther-away case.
    As I understood the Sheriff there are TWO people missing and one of them is Holly - so that makes a total of 2 - Who are these other missing people from these other 3 counties? That is a lot of missing people for this area. Do you know this for a fact? (My family lives in that area and I find that hard to believe.)

So according to my figures - that makes it a 50% chance that this IS Holly - time will tell. JMO
    Judy ( posting only my opinion)

SteveS is offline Attention: All my comments are IMO JMO MOO AFAIK etc
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyBolton View Post
    Who are these other missing people from these other 3 counties? That is a lot of missing people for this area. Do you know this for a fact? (My family lives in that area and I find that hard to believe.)
    So you are saying that people can ONLY be missing from Decatur County, and not from elsewhere? That is what I find hard to believe, the idea that this could only have been from one county and not the others surrounding the crime scene. IMO too much is being read into the fact that the body was discovered on the edge of one county, with the thinking that it somehow has to link up to a person from that same county. It's not like there's some guard posted at the county lines keeping crime scenes and body dumps contained within the county where the person lived.

In time, we'll find out.

Are there any caves in that area? If the condition of the skull indicates it wasn't buried at one time, could it have been in a cave at one time, with the rest of the remains, and then scavenged by wild animals?

*Supposing* this skull does belong to Holly, I'm thinking of ZA's threat to his brother saying he would end up in the hole next to her. If the "hole" ZA alluded to isn't a grave dug out of the ground, perhaps it's a cave. MOO
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau

So many tragic ironies in the Holly Bobo abduction/murder.. At the Easter Sunday 04/24/2011 sunrise service, only a few days after her abduction. The Bobo's pastor compared the tragedy to the Parsons, TN, community's 09/11/2001. Here we are only three days before the 13th anniversary of the attack on the NY twin towers' 09/11/2001, and another elusive missing piece/shar of the shattered vase may have been located.
    It has been a very long three and a half years since HB's abduction. Seems that sleuthing abductions are more often a marathon rather than a sprint. With months, or possibly even years ahead before Holly and the Bobo family receive answers, justice, and a semblance of closure. Hopefully peace and tranquility will eventually return to the Parson's & west TN community...

Bring Holly Home by Kevin Medlin
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gifeX4cw5dQ

Easter Search Holly Bobo-Parsons TN 04/23 & 24/2011
    http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs....&Ref=PH&Item=0

http://www.waterburyobserver.org/node/402
    Shattered Vase - missing shar...
    Last edited by Foxfire; 09-08-2014 at 06:37 AM. Reason: add link

http://www.jrn.com/newschannel5/news...274270001.html

Update with aerial photos & map... (Video)
    Human Remains Found Near Former Holly Bobo Search Site

CREATED Sep 7, 2014 - UPDATED: Sep 8, 2014 | 6:40 AM

http://www.wsmv.com/story/26469884/t...olly-bobo-case

(WSMV TV4 Video-Helicopter fly over aerial views)
    Sheriff: Human remains discovered; no confirmed link to Holly Bobo case

Posted: Sep 07, 2014 6:00 PM EDT
    Updated: Sep 08, 2014 7:51 AM EDT

"Bring Her Home" (Holly Bobo)
    by Heather Cohen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0BkJQM-ZPY
    Last edited by Foxfire; 09-08-2014 at 08:23 AM.

Checking in for any updates. Was curious if any more remains were found. How long does it typically take for human remains to be identified?? TIA
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Anxiety is the cousin visiting from out of town that depression felt obligated to bring to the party.

JudyBolton is offline In memory: My dear friend Martha Mickel, kidnapped & murdered by Curtis Tyner.
    NewsChannel 5 ‏@NC5 20m
    A skull found in a wooded area in Decatur County will be tested at the TBI Crime Lab in Memphis.

Quote Originally Posted by Suthrnqt View Post
    Checking in for any updates. Was curious if any more remains were found. How long does it typically take for human remains to be identified?? TIA
    Sheriff (last night) stated 3 days to get an answer.

That's a long time to wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I always wondered why somebody doesn't do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody.

Lily Tomlin

Quote Originally Posted by JudyBolton View Post
    Sheriff (last night) stated 3 days to get an answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tssiemer View Post
    That's a long time to wait

In the scheme of things, three days would be lightning speed, imo.. My guess would have been weeks or months....

It's going to seem like three years to the family and friends (and us) waiting for the results but yes in DNA time, that is fast. I'm sure they are going to work very hard to figure out who this is in the fastest time possible.

I hope they find the rest of the remains today....

Take a look at this unidentified woman found in Schertz, TX back in 1987
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...verdose-Apr-87

Cases that keep me up at night
    *Schertz Jane Doe*Ann Gotlib*Heather Elvis* Harvey Allen Kays* Brittanee Drexel

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Anna View Post
    Are there any caves in that area? If the condition of the skull indicates it wasn't buried at one time, could it have been in a cave at one time, with the rest of the remains, and then scavenged by wild animals?

*Supposing* this skull does belong to Holly, I'm thinking of ZA's threat to his brother saying he would end up in the hole next to her. If the "hole" ZA alluded to isn't a grave dug out of the ground, perhaps it's a cave. MOO
    My guess would be a shallow grave likely disturbed by scavengers or flash flooding, Indy Anna . The larger bones such as the clavicle, skull, etc., are usually the last bones consumed by scavengers, imo..

O/T... But...

There is a possibility that DNA from the this skull found in TN will determine ID in approximately 3 days...

I am wondering, then, why the remains found in Florida with the Micky Mouse sheet is taking so very long to be determined whether it is Heather Elvis or not... It has been months....

... And ... JMO...

Quote Originally Posted by IHAVENOCLUE View Post
    O/T... But...

There is a possibility that DNA from the this skull found in TN will determine ID in approximately 3 days...

I am wondering, then, why the remains found in Florida with the Micky Mouse sheet is taking so very long to be determined whether it is Heather Elvis or not... It has been months....

... And ... JMO...
    Horry County SC Judge's gag order, imo..

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    Horry County SC Judge's gag order, imo..
    Thanks, Foxfire...

Wow! Gag order trumps ID of deceased...

What if the remains belong to someone other than Heather... Doesn't THAT family (who is not bound by a gag order) deserve to know who the remains belong to?

I am puzzled....

Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast