688 users online (122 members and 566 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

IL - Raashanai Coley, 11, beaten to death, Waukegan, 6 Sept 2014

The Lake County Coroner’s office said an autopsy determined Coley had a torn stomach as the result of blunt force trauma and those injuries led to her death.
    The girl’s mother, Nicholette Lawrence, allegedly told police she struck the girl in the stomach earlier that week.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/na...FlowFB_LABrand

32-year-old Nicolette Lawrence is held on a $5 million dollars bond after her 11-year-old daughter Raasania Coley died Saturday.

http://wgntv.com/2014/09/07/mother-c...it-in-stomach/

Nicholette R. Lawrence, 32, was charged with first-degree murder for the death of her daughter Raasania J. Coley, Waukegan police said

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...907-story.html
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

That poor child! What a painful slow death she must have endured.

I understand getting angry at children. But I would never have punched them. I used to say "I'm really angry right now, so you need to leave the room or I will, because I don't want to do anything you and I might regret." I admit my kids were spanked a couple of times in their life, but it was always when I was able to control my anger and it was never done out of rage. As an adult, it is your responsibility to be in control of your emotions.

Ok, I'll get off my soap box now.
    Vermont born and raised!

This little one must have been in pain & agony for days before she died.
    Did she go to school this last week? I imagine she would have been in too much pain??
    Was she left writhing in a room in agony & ignored until she became unresponsive?
    Unbelievable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't imagine the thought process going on in your head, that you would punch your child. Eleven years old.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/2977288...l#.VA6HvCgqWAA

While a Waukegan neighborhood remained in shock Monday over the death of an 11-year-old girl, some neighbors expressed surprise to learn that Raasania Coley had been living on their block.

Terry Banks, who has lived next to Raasania’s family in the north side neighborhood for about a year, said he didn’t even know a third child was living in the Gillett Avenue two-flat...

Doctors reported malnutrition, old scarring and bruises, said Cynthia Vargas of the Lake County State’s Attorney Office. Authorities determined the death was the result of blunt-force trauma... A preliminary autopsy showed the punch went all the way to her spine and caused a tear in her stomach... Waukegan Sgt. Cory Kelly said the 11-year-old weighed only 60 pounds.
    Lawrence's FB: https://www.facebook.com/nicholette.lawrence

She made some interesting comments about her daughter on March 8, 2012.

I read this in the news yesterday. What causes someone to single out one child? Why was this sweet baby the punching bag for this woman? I couldn't see the comment on her facebook because it's been taken down.

Hmm, you're right. That one post complaining about Raasania being a difficult child is gone, and yet everything else is still there. Usually the entire profile vanishes.

ugh! how ? how could she ! that poor baby !i could not live with that, anyone want to take bets on sentencing on this? I will be surprised if she does over 5 years.

Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

Police responded to the home on June 21 after an anonymous caller reported a child may have been beaten. But Kelly said that case was still open and declined to provide details about what officers found that night

“The home was dirty and they found vomit that had not been cleaned up,” Vargas said. “The defendant also admitted to beating the girl with an extension cord in the past.

According to Waukegan Public Schools, Raasania was pulled out of school during the 2012-13 school year.

http://newssun.suntimes.com/2014/09/...ar-olds-death/
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieGranny View Post
    Hmm, you're right. That one post complaining about Raasania being a difficult child is gone, and yet everything else is still there. Usually the entire profile vanishes.
    fortunately at least one person got a screen cap and lovejac linked it above. I too now have it tucked safely away.

So sad when a child is apparently scapegoated by a caretaker to receive the brunt of all the anger rage and wrath they cannot seem to control. Vile horrible behavior. I hope she pays the max penalty.

Okay, just found it still there on her page, it is not gone, it is posted on Mach 11, 2012 and has 3 comments beneath it.

FB has a habit of hiding some of your posts if you post a lot sometimes you need to look for the tagline beneath posts that reads "more posts from between [date range]" When you click that the comments that FB hid return.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

No more pain, Raasania. Life isn't fair.
    To the batmobile!

http://www.nwherald.com/2014/12/17/t...murder/ax3dnk/

A trial has been set in March for a Waukegan mother accused of killing her 11-year-old daughter... She faces life in prison if convicted of the charges...

She remains in Lake County Jail on $5 million bond.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburb...330-story.html

New public defender assigned to (what kind of) mother, accused of killing her daughter that neighbors didn't even know lived there. Autopsy showed malnutrition and long-term abuse. Trial date set for June 29, but may be delayed.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

Mom pleads guilty to first-degree murder in 2014 death of Waukegan girl

A crying Nicholette Lawrence pleaded guilty to the 2014 murder of her 11-year-old daughter Thursday in Lake County Circuit Court and faces up to natural life in prison at a January sentencing hearing.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburb...020-story.html
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    - Audrey Hepburn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast